StarMods: DockRotate!

SQUAD

tumblr_inline_p4tmnmfrNz1rr2wit_540.png
tumblr_inline_p4tmnrIKgF1rr2wit_540.jpg

Docked port pairs can rotate via right-click menu or action groups. They can rotate to snap for perfect alignment and if you want to uninstall the module, you won’t lose any ship, because there’s no new parts involved. Your station parts will stay aligned, and your satellite arms will stay deployed.
By peteletroll

I keep forgetting the snap/align function of the docking ports/module isn't turned on by default, being able to turn that on with an advanced tweakable would be great

I assume the ADM/APAS docking ports would be locked to connections at specific angles (if they're in Making History?)

19 hours ago, peteletroll said:

@John FX, DockRotate can be compatible with KJR, you just have to add a line to KJR configuration: see this post by @Geonovasthttps://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/170484-dockrotate-rotation-control-on-docking-ports/&do=findComment&comment=3305721

Well that is pleasant to find out. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

This mod looks like it would be great to help build my space station but CKAN won't let me download it as I'm on 1.4.2 but the mod is for 1.4.1 :(

So download and install it manually.  Seems to work fine in 1.4.2

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

This mod looks like it would be great to help build my space station but CKAN won't let me download it as I'm on 1.4.2 but the mod is for 1.4.1 :(

You can tell CKAN to allow mods from different versions to be installed, I’m not at my computer, but its in one of the dropdowns, called Compatible Versions or some thing like that

On 3/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, peteletroll said:

@John FX, DockRotate can be compatible with KJR, you just have to add a line to KJR configuration: see this post by @Geonovasthttps://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/170484-dockrotate-rotation-control-on-docking-ports/&do=findComment&comment=3305721

Why not include that as a MM patch, so people dont have to look for it?

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You can tell CKAN to allow mods from different versions to be installed, I’m not at my computer, but its in one of the dropdowns, called Compatible Versions or some thing like that

Did that, worked! It's in the 'Settings' tab, 'Compatible KSP Versions' just to let you know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.