[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

Hello there.

I just run into an issue with tweakscale and i just cant find the problem. It was always working bevor but now i want to start a new 1.12.3 modpack for myself and when i install Tweakscale i get a big error msg onstartup and i find this error in my log file. maby you can help me?

Spoiler

[LOG 19:22:28.069] [KSPe.Light.TweakScale] Version 2.4.0.4 /L
[LOG 19:22:28.095] [TweakScale] Version 2.4.6.8 /L
[LOG 19:22:28.493] [TweakScale] ERROR: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetTypes (System.Boolean exportedOnly) [0x0012d] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1+<>c[T].<calculateTypeRoot>b__10_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<SelectManyIterator>d__167`3[TSource,TCollection,TResult].MoveNext () [0x0004e] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () [0x00059] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Boolean& found) [0x00045] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x00000] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1[T].calculateTypeRoot () [0x000a5] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1[T].CalculateTypeRoot () [0x00022] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1[T]..ctor (KSPe.IO.Hierarchy hierarchy) [0x00007] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1[T]..cctor () [0x0000a] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_generic_class_init(intptr)
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Assembly+Loader`1[T].TryPath (System.String path, System.String[] subdirs) [0x00000] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0 
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Assembly+Loader`1[T]..ctor (System.String[] subdirs) [0x0002e] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0 
  at TweakScale.Startup.Start () [0x00018] in <c8a4ba9de07c4f43928c3b6b1d79e4c1>:0  at error:0
[ERR 19:22:28.494] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI

[ERR 19:22:28.494] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI

[LOG 19:22:28.495] [TweakScale] "Houston, we have a Problem!" about Missing DLLs was displayed
[LOG 19:22:28.499] [KSPe] WARNING: KSP Version 1.12.3 not localized. Returning synthetic one.

Edited by Drehverschluss

2 hours ago, Drehverschluss said:

Hello there.

I just run into an issue with tweakscale and i just cant find the problem. It was always working bevor but now i want to start a new 1.12.3 modpack for myself and when i install Tweakscale i get a big error msg onstartup and i find this error in my log file. maby you can help me?

Hide contents

[LOG 19:22:28.069] [KSPe.Light.TweakScale] Version 2.4.0.4 /L
[LOG 19:22:28.095] [TweakScale] Version 2.4.6.8 /L
[LOG 19:22:28.493] [TweakScale] ERROR: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Hi!

You are being bitten by a KSP bug on a thingy called AssemblyLoader. There's a bug on it since KSP 1.8.x that, once some add'on fails to load a dependency, everybody else will bork too later. I will need your full KSP.log file in order to see who is the first to bork, as this is the one that need to be fixed (everybody coming after are victims of the bug).

In the case TweakScale itself is the one borking, check if the file "999_Scale_Redist.dll" is on the GameData (on the same place ModuleManager.dll is).

Welcome to our forum, @Omoz. :) That being said, i'm sorry but we've had to remove the log file from your post. The problem is that those can cause page loading errors because of their size. Please host the file itself on a sharing site and link to it here. 

hey can anyone please help me figure out what's going on with tweakscale i think its messing up my game specifically build mode i place a part it goes transparent engineer will update its stats and i wont be able to press launch and or leave vab idk if the 2 have anything to do with one another, but i would appreciate the help from anyone who takes the time to review my ksp.log and help me get my gamedata folder playin nice together  here the link to my google drive where the file is hosted https://drive.google.com/file/d/17FXh727krf-hIa9PwXRGL9Y4o_AUL_1H/view?usp=sharing thank and happy building/flying to all 

Edited by juanhandoe
new information i forgot to inclede sorry

2 hours ago, juanhandoe said:

hey can anyone please help me figure out what's going on with tweakscale i think its messing up my game specifically build mode i place a part it goes transparent engineer will update its stats and i wont be able to press launch and or leave vab idk if the 2 have anything to do with one another, but i would appreciate the help from anyone who takes the time to review my ksp.log and help me get my gamedata folder playin nice together  here the link to my google drive where the file is hosted https://drive.google.com/file/d/17FXh727krf-hIa9PwXRGL9Y4o_AUL_1H/view?usp=sharing thank and happy building/flying to all 

It's not TweakScale - TS (and probably some others add'ons) are borking due a nasty bug on a thingy called Assembly Loader/Resolver on KSP - when someone borks while trying to load a dependency, EVERYBODY ELSE also borks too while loading their dependencies no matter if the dependency is good to go or not.

In your case, you need to install USITools. This will fix KolonyTools, and then everybody later should be fine too as the KSP's bug is not triggered anymore!

[ERR 15:20:49.838] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: USITools, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:20:49.843] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KolonyTools': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflec
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'USITools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its d
File name: 'USITools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, YouvebeenhitbyRUD said:

This mods is a total life saver when part sizes aren't the same or you want a better looking part smaller/bigger to fit in place of a worser one.

I usually don't like to scale jet and LFO engines, but sometimes scaling up a Juno is the best way to reproduce a historical aircraft due the engine's characteristics, i.e, ISP. Older engines have a lower ISP than modern engines, and TS allows me to try to reproduce such aircrafts including their drawbacks.

What's exactly the opposite from what you said: I'm using a "worse" part in the place of a better one to keep the crafts properly handicapped, matching (more or less) the technology of the era I'm aiming. :)

Another way TS can really save our sorry SASes :sticktongue: sometimes is by scaling Wheels, Landing Gears and Landing Legs. No more need to use a three-rowed non steering landing gear on the nose on your really big crafts - scale up the biggest steering landing gear you have and voilá. ;)

And lifting and control surfaces - TweakScale really shines on these ones. It allows you to make pretty nice wings, second only to Procedural Wings (but sometimes, a TweakScale stock wing can be nicer) - and scaling landing gears also helps a lot on these.

14 minutes ago, YouvebeenhitbyRUD said:

Thanks!

Welcome! TweakScale would be a useless blob of code without users!

Cheers!

3 hours ago, VictorGamer072YT said:

Hi,  I've recently got a TweakScale error related to "KSPe.IO.Hierarchy´1", I tried reinstalling TweakScale and some of my other mods, but it didn't work.

I'm hoping someone can help me, here's my KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AYWDqAaiI7nXrtvDqwZ__CCcO3wnmIGI/view?usp=sharing

This usually happens when a dependency fails to load, and borks up everything afterwards. Check that you have all the dependencies required for your mods and that they are up to date. @Lisias I think this particular error might stem from the section of the log below, but I'm not sure.

[ERR 15:12:40.641] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AtmosphereAutopilot.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:12:40.641] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AtmosphereAutopilot.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:12:40.667] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:12:40.667] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:12:40.668] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:12:40.668] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:12:40.828] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:12:40.828] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Edited by Aussie Toad Stool
Spelling mistakes

1 hour ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

This usually happens when a dependency fails to load, and borks up everything afterwards.

Yep!!!

1 hour ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

I think this particular error might stem from the section of the log below, but I'm not sure.

<cut>

Thats the deal: these messages are yet another "bug" (more like a misfeature) from the Assembly Loader/Resolver. :)

We can probe the Loader/Resolver for an Assembly - this should not be a problem, we are essentially asking "Hey, Dude, there're someone called AtmosphereAutopilot.UI on the pool right now?" The Assembly Loader/Resolver returns Yes or No, and that's it.

The problem only happens when you try to load the thing and it doesn't exists - probing it is safe (no matter the outcome).

However, the Assembly Loader/Resolver don't tell a probe from a load - and so it prints this pesky message every time you probe for something, adding noise to the diagnosing.

The funny thing about it is that you can easily tell when someone is "doing the right thing": first probing and then trying to load it only when it's present - you will find TWO consecutive ADDON BINDER "errors"  on the KSP.log - one for the probing, and another for loading it. :) IMHO it should be an Info message (not even a Warning).

5 hours ago, VictorGamer072YT said:

Hi,  I've recently got a TweakScale error related to "KSPe.IO.Hierarchy´1", I tried reinstalling TweakScale and some of my other mods, but it didn't work.

Well, you was bitten by a nasty bug on that Assembly Loader/Resolver thingy. As said by Aussie, there's a bug on that damned thing that if by any reason someone tries to load a DLL that it's absent (or corrupt, or incompatible, or whatever), not only the code trying to load it will bork, but from this point on, everything trying to load something will bork as the dependency wasn't there!

The magic is to inspect the KSP.log looking for the first occurrence of a borking dependency loading, everybody later is victim of the triggered bug from the Loader.

On your case, we have a new occurence! This is the first time I got this kind of problem:

[LOG 15:12:42.539] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PQSModCreator' from assembly 'KopernicusExpansion.RegionalPQSMods'
[EXC 15:12:43.763] ArgumentException: Duplicate type name within an assembly.
        System.Reflection.Emit.ModuleBuilder.DefineType (System.String name, System.Reflection.TypeAttributes attr, System.Type parent, System.Type[] interfaces, System.Reflection.Emit.PackingSize packingSize, System.Int32 typesize) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
        System.Reflection.Emit.ModuleBuilder.DefineType (System.String name, System.Reflection.TypeAttributes attr, System.Type parent, System.Type[] interfaces) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
        TriAxis.RunSharp.TypeGen..ctor (TriAxis.RunSharp.AssemblyGen owner, System.String name, System.Reflection.TypeAttributes attrs, System.TypebaseType, System.Type[] interfaces, TriAxis.RunSharp.ITypeMapper typeMapper) (at <fd18e0ef899946d5b101c3255bfcbde8>:0)
        TriAxis.RunSharp.AssemblyGen.Class (System.String name, System.Type baseType, System.Type[] interfaces) (at <fd18e0ef899946d5b101c3255bfcbde8>:0)
        TriAxis.RunSharp.AssemblyGen.Class (System.String name, System.Type baseType) (at <fd18e0ef899946d5b101c3255bfcbde8>:0)
        KopernicusExpansion.RegionalPQSMods.PQSModCreator.Awake () (at <f5e1172978524a599c9056aa1686da11>:0)
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
        AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
        AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
        <LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
        <CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
        GameDatabase:StartLoad()
        <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
        LoadingScreen:Start()

Some how, the Kopernicus' PQSModCreator have two thingies with the same name, and so the dynamic linker (an internal thingy inside the Assembly stunt) gets confused because it doesn't know what the one is to be used, and then blow everything up.

I don't have the slightest idea about how to fix this one (i didn't even knew this would be possible! :P ), you will need to reach Kopernicus guys and ask for help.

Let me know if I can further help on this one - this is interesting!

Edited by Lisias
Forum had bitten me!!!

6 hours ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

Ah good to hear. How goes it on the AtttachedOnEditor bug front? The subassembly issue that rears it's head as a result of it, looks like a tip of a bad ksp code iceberg :D

Well... still scratching my head on why the OnLoad handling is different when the craft is loaded from file and when it's loaded from a subassembly or using Merge.

I'm trying to avoid brute forcing my way on the problem (ie reading prefab data and applying the values myself) because this will surely stomp the toes of 3rd parties that also changes positions but, hell, it's tempting...

4 hours ago, chaos113 said:

help loading up ksp causes me to get an error from tweakscale and it prevents me from loading the game 
here is my log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CyeJmo-VYStJ7cJZyu4_w2xiMQHl2iFo/view?usp=sharing

TweakScale is being victim of a nasty KSP bug - when a DLL fails to load a dependency, the Assembly Loader/Resolver (the guy responsible for loading DLLs on KSP) goes nuts and from that point, nobody manages to load a dependency manually or to safely use the C#'s Reflection library. And TweakScale makes use of both these things.

Looking into your KSP.log, I found this:

[LOG 17:37:24.911] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'SnackApp' from assembly 'SnacksUtils'
[EXC 17:37:24.943] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
        System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
        AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        AssemblyLoader.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        KSP.IO.IOUtils.GetFilePathFor (System.Type T, System.String file, Vessel flight) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        Snacks.Window`1[T]..ctor (System.String windowTitle, System.Single defaultWidth, System.Single defaultHeight) (at <999cf261d9714e52a7ec471e93448b7c>:0)
        Snacks.SnackAppView..ctor () (at <999cf261d9714e52a7ec471e93448b7c>:0)
        Snacks.SnackApp.Awake () (at <999cf261d9714e52a7ec471e93448b7c>:0)
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
        AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
        AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
        <LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
        <CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
        GameDatabase:StartLoad()
        <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
        LoadingScreen:Start()
[LOG 17:37:24.945] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
VesselViewRPM 0.8.8.5 GameData\VesselView\Plugins\VesselViewRPM.dll

What suggests that VesselViewRPM.dll may be broken.

HOWEVER I also found this one earlier:

[LOG 17:37:21.578] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[WRN 17:37:21.579] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7.0
[WRN 17:37:21.579] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies

And this also screws up the Reflection thingy, so perhaps the real problem is the CC_RemoteTech, or perhaps you have two problems on your rig.

A quick way to diagnose the real problem is to remove ContractConfigurator from GameData and see if the problem goes away. If yes, you will need to contact ContractConfigurator's maintainer and ask him how to fix it on your rig.

If the problem persists, try removing VesselView and try again. Same thing, if the problem goes away reach VesselView's maintainer and ask for help.

Additionally… I found two copies of ModuleManager's DLL on your rig:

[LOG 17:37:21.172] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.4.1.4
[LOG 17:37:21.172] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
[LOG 17:37:21.177] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ModuleManager' V2.5.0
[LOG 17:37:21.177] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.4.2.1
[LOG 17:37:21.177] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll
[LOG 17:37:21.179] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ModuleManager' V2.5.0

This is bad, because KSP has yet another bug where when you load two Assemblies with the same name, only the first one loaded is activated, and the second is "short circuited" to emulate the first. We can verify this problem by inspecting the KSP.log a bit later:

Interstellar_Redist v1.4.0.0
ModuleManager v4.1.4.0
ModuleManager v4.1.4.0
000_AT_Utils v1.9.6.0

Do you see? You have the newest Module Manager installed, but are effectively using the older one.

I strongly advise you to delete the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll . This will allow KSP to use the newest Module Manager - what's highly desirable, as the newest Module Manager has fixes that, obviously, are not present on the older one.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
tyops as usulla...

6 hours ago, dangaffa said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/149L4PIOpHvEN1kRL5tpz6NuJKGIjbjqu/view?usp=sharing

Anyone have a solution to this mess of a log file? I did my best by myself to solve the loader resolver issue myself, but I got stuck

Hi!

You was bitten by a nasty bug on KSP's Assembly Loader/Resolver, yada yada yada:) 

Usually, the first Reflection exception pinpoints the culprit. In your case:

[ERR 01:55:10.438] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ELHelper': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Launchpad, Version=6.99.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Launchpad, Version=6.99.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

The Launchpad Assembly was not found to be loaded. but ELHelper needs it.

Your options are to remove GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Sandcastle/ or to install the Add'On that provides LaunchPad - you need to reach Sandcastle's maintainer for further help.

Cheers!

19 hours ago, Lisias said:

Hi!

You was bitten by a nasty bug on KSP's Assembly Loader/Resolver, yada yada yada:) 

Usually, the first Reflection exception pinpoints the culprit. In your case:

[ERR 01:55:10.438] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ELHelper': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Launchpad, Version=6.99.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Launchpad, Version=6.99.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

The Launchpad Assembly was not found to be loaded. but ELHelper needs it.

Your options are to remove GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Sandcastle/ or to install the Add'On that provides LaunchPad - you need to reach Sandcastle's maintainer for further help.

Cheers!

Ah, adds up. Seems like EP Launchpads is the creator of the launchpad assembly. I originally had Global Construction, which included an outdated version of EL, so makes sense as to why when I tried to install sandcastle it kept crashing my game. Thanks for the help!

13 hours ago, monky said:

Sure thing!

From the log:

[LOG 13:01:37.402] [TweakScale] Version 2.4.6.8 /L
[LOG 13:01:37.918] [TweakScale] ERROR: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1+<>c[T].<calculateTypeRoot>b__10_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<SelectManyIterator>d__167`3[TSource,TCollection,TResult].MoveNext () [0x0004e] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () [0x00059] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Boolean& found) [0x00045] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>
:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x00000] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1[T].calculateTypeRoot () [0x000a5] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1[T].CalculateTypeRoot () [0x00022] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1[T]..ctor (KSPe.IO.Hierarchy hierarchy) [0x00007] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1[T]..cctor () [0x0000a] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_generic_class_init(intptr)
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Assembly+Loader`1[T].TryPath (System.String path, System.String[] subdirs) [0x00000] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Assembly+Loader`1[T]..ctor (System.String[] subdirs) [0x0002e] in <1793ebae5aeb4976bb9a4bc09c6e4d48>:0
  at TweakScale.Startup.Start () [0x00018] in <c8a4ba9de07c4f43928c3b6b1d79e4c1>:0  at error:0
[LOG 13:01:37.923] [TweakScale] "Houston, we have a Problem!" about Missing DLLs was displayed

Oh well, it's that old KSP bug on the Assembly Resolver/Loader again. :) This crap is bitting our SASes since 1.8 (sigh).

TL;DR: this weird bug happens when someone fails to load a DLL - the side effect is that after that, everybody fails to load their DLLs too. Usually, the first occurrence of a System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException is the trigger for the problem:

[ERR 13:01:28.810] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'B9_Aerospace_WingStuff': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.Reflectio
nTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Apparently, the B9_Aerospace_WingStuff thingy is missing a dependency called KSPUtil. You will need to reach whoever is maintaining this thingy and ask for further help!

Cheers!

— — POST EDIT — — 

I think it's B9 Aerospace ProceduralWings - but I'm not sure.

Edited by Lisias
Copy & Paste Failure

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Sure thing!

From the log:

[LOG 13:01:37.402] [TweakScale] Version 2.4.6.8 /L
[LOG 13:01:37.918] [TweakScale] ERROR: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'KSPe.IO.Hierarchy`1' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Boolean& found) [0x00045] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>
:0
  at TweakScale.Startup.Start () [0x00018] in <c8a4ba9de07c4f43928c3b6b1d79e4c1>:0  at error:0
[LOG 13:01:37.923] [TweakScale] "Houston, we have a Problem!" about Missing DLLs was displayed

Oh well, it's that old KSP bug on the Assembly Resolver/Loader again. :) This crap is bitting our SASes since 1.8 (sigh).

TL;DR: this weird bug happens when someone fails to load a DLL - the side effect is that after that, everybody fails to load their DLLs too. Usually, the first occurrence of a System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException is the trigger for the problem:

[ERR 13:01:28.810] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'B9_Aerospace_WingStuff': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.Reflectio
nTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Apparently, the B9_Aerospace_WingStuff thingy is missing a dependency called KSPUtil. You will need to reach whoever is maintaining this thingy and ask for further help!

Cheers!

— — POST EDIT — — 

I think it's B9 Aerospace ProceduralWings - but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Hey @Lisias!

I hope you don't mind me posting a heads-up here. KSP-Recall is the actual affected mod, but since I'm willing to bet that there are more than a few people who have it as a dependency for Tweakscale, I chose to post this here instead. Apologies for any inconvenience. If you prefer for me to delete this and move it to KSP Recall, I will of course do so.

To anyone who uses Oh Scrap with Tweakscale, I recommend you add the following to the "DontLeak.cfg" file in the OhScrap/Patches directory:

OHSCRAP_RESOURCE_BLACKLIST
{
	name = RefundingForKSP111x
}

Otherwise, you may find that you have a failure of a module and that your RefundingForKSP111x resource will try to leak. It has absolutely no effect other than to block the failure from doing anything. I've already notified @zer0Kerbal and asked for an updated config if possible. 

Happy Kerbaling! (Kerballing? Kerbowling?)

32 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

I hope you don't mind me posting a heads-up here. KSP-Recall is the actual affected mod, but since I'm willing to bet that there are more than a few people who have it as a dependency for Tweakscale, I chose to post this here instead. Apologies for any inconvenience. If you prefer for me to delete this and move it to KSP Recall, I will of course do so.

Not a problem, it makes sense. May I ask you to post on KSP-Recall too? It's interesting information, and some KSP-Recall users don's use TweakScale!

33 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Kerbthrottling!!!!

Spoiler

19 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Otherwise, you may find that you have a failure of a module and that your RefundingForKSP111x resource will try to leak. It has absolutely no effect other than to block the failure from doing anything. I've already notified @zer0Kerbal and asked for an updated config if possible. 

+1 :science:

a very interesting issue - better wear your Kepends!

and...

Kerbplosioning! :awe:

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Announce!

KSP-Recall 0.2.2.1 is on the wild, formally published the fix for the Messed Up Attachments on SubAssemblies, Merges and Alt+Clicks.

However… I failed to find an automated way to salvage the current SubAssemblies and Crafts intended to be Merged. Sorry.

The viable workaround for Crafts is to just load them and save them. The AttachedOnEditor thingy will update itself on this procedure.

However, I didn't managed to find a convenient solution for SubAssemblies - I decided to quit this when I was trying to find the SubAssembly filename being loaded in order to reparse it and extract the info I wanted by brute-force. Luckily I got to my senses before spending efforts trying to implement such "gambiarra". :P 

A proper solution would be to implement a task on the UpgradePipeline stunt - but I need time to learn this thing, and time is something I don't have for now (have a huge backlog to catch up, both on RL as on KSP itself, I have other add'ons in need of some love!). If someone knows how to implement this, please advise. :)

Edited by Lisias
Clicked "save" too soon.