Thread to discuss negative things in a very general way, just see where it goes y'know?

DAL59

I'm finally watching Cowboy Bebop (2021). Already watched the first two episodes, and they are very good.

Why this series got so miserably reviewed it's beyound me.

It's really good, at least the first two episodes!

22 hours ago, Ryaja said:

I got sick and so have to stay home for Thanksgiving :(

Our team of four has been a freaking Petri dish. Two of us should be up again by Monday, the other two are still coming down.

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

I'm finally watching Cowboy Bebop (2021). Already watched the first two episodes, and they are very good.

Why this series got so miserably reviewed it's beyound me.

It's really good, at least the first two episodes!

I think these people were expecting something with the same vibe as the original. It’s very different from the anime.

But I agree. I watched the live action before the anime and I thought (and still think) it was great. I myself don’t really care if it takes liberties from the original.

On 11/19/2023 at 9:24 AM, Bej Kerman said:

Find better friends if that's how they treat you :D

no, my mutual friends are actually interested and we all treat each other well, and this fellow who is being stupid doesn't know anything about me, and just likes to annoy/harass people for fun

On 11/24/2023 at 9:12 PM, SunlitZelkova said:

I think these people were expecting something with the same vibe as the original. It’s very different from the anime.

I can understand that, but the criticism I had read demolished the whole show, not only the plot.

And, as a matter of fact, I found the plot pretty interesting. The plot twist on the last episode of the season caught me with my pants down. :D

On 11/24/2023 at 9:12 PM, SunlitZelkova said:

But I agree. I watched the live action before the anime and I thought (and still think) it was great. I myself don’t really care if it takes liberties from the original.

Some characters were completely rewritten, but the essence of the main characters was there - obviously, with a heavy hand on consequences.

I had watched the original show about 16 years ago, and yeah - it's also excellent. But the live action have a more mature content, I think.

Well, I just finished the first (and only) season, and I found it great. I can only mourn the show was cancelled, however. The way the plot was going as very promising!

maintenance, lol. 

also i tried the superglue and baking soda trick thats been showing up in youtube a lot lately. aparntly they left out the part that the reaction is very exothermic so instead of the usual glue stuck to my fingers (and usually not the thing im trying to fix) i instead got some burns. the trick works though. mom bought one of those hopping bunnies off if temu, but it came broke. so i had to skin it, glue it, and re-fur it. it worked, initially. but a cat knocked it off the counter and broke it again. now im out of superglue and have to get into my epoxy. i hate working with that stuff. once you open the tubes their shelf life is about a week. i bought it for a project but now i forget which one. 

Edited by Nuke

My sister's a nihilistic ass who hates anything to do with anything. And she is perhaps the worst person to be in a car with. And I had to be with her for two hours talking about "how we should all just kill ourselves" and "I'm too stupid to get a job". She's NOT stupid, far from it in fact, she just refused to put in the work to find opportunities and now she's taking it all out on us. Not that I can say anything. She yells at me, locks herself in her room, and then comes out an hour later with a phony apology. And then the cycle repeats. Sorry to rant to a bunch of strangers on the internet, I just feel you all are the only people I can talk about this to.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
Typos and such.

1 hour ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

My sister's a nihilistic ass who hates anything to do with anything. And she is perhaps the worst person to be in a car with. And I had to be with her for two hours talking about "how we should all just kill ourselves" and "I'm too stupid to get a job". She's NOT stupid, far from it in fact, she just refused to put in the work to find opportunities and now she's taking it all out on us. Not that I can say anything. She yells at me, locks herself in her room, and then comes out an hour later with a phony apology. And then the cycle repeats. Sorry to rant to a bunch of strangers on the internet, I just feel you all are the only people I can talk about this to.

Has she consulted with a counselor or other mental health professional?

5 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Has she consulted with a counselor or other mental health professional?

That’s a whole other damn thing! She doesn’t believe in mental health, and commonly shrugs off depression and other illnesses as “cringe disease”. It’s because of this behavior that she’s left running in an endless loop, constantly mad about everything and then refusing too change or fix anything.

1 hour ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Sorry to rant to a bunch of strangers on the internet, I just feel you all are the only people I can talk about this to.

It's fine, Venting is important for your mental health, I have done it too on this thread, and this could pretty much be a venting thread from a certain point of view. I used to not want to work and stuff, but after going up to see family in Idaho has changed my view quite a lot on working. Now, one thing you should do RIGHT NOW, and I mean it, is call 988, for yourself, and they can help you.

6 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

She doesn’t believe in mental health

why doesn't she believe in it? social media?

13 minutes ago, AstroWolfie said:

...call 988, for yourself, and they can help you.

I'm confused what you mean. Do you mean for me or for my sister? I don't think I need to call 988. I haven't had any suicidal thoughts.

15 minutes ago, AstroWolfie said:

why doesn't she believe in it? social media?

Man, I don't even know. She doomscrolls on Tumblr a lot, so maybe it is social media.

3 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

i think she has nihilism confused with fatalism.  people use nihilism as an excuse to be bitter hateful people, unfortunately this behavior is not limited to nihilists. my mom does that "im too stupid" crap and it bugs the hell out of me. thing is she is a bona fide bible thumper. im the nihilist that does all the work and manages the household. so its kind of the other way around. for me nihilism is a way of letting go without all the bs that usually comes with religion. its actually not far from one of the main tenants of budism "life is suffering". so when i behave responsibly its because that was the trajectory i was on. nowhere does nihilism say you should kill yourself, thats usually the rhetoric of its opponents. 

5 hours ago, Nuke said:

i think she has nihilism confused with fatalism. 

Making clear I'm not a professional on the field, my guess is that she's suffering from a chemical unbalance in their brain (or perhaps hormones). I will refrain from further expanding the idea to avoid misunderstandings or risking people trying self medication.

7 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

She doesn’t believe in mental health, and commonly shrugs off depression and other illnesses as “cringe disease”.

@Kerbalsaurus, I would suggest a visit to an Endocrinologist. It also have the additional benefit of not being a doctor related to "cringe diseases". :) 

15 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

That’s a whole other damn thing! She doesn’t believe in mental health, and commonly shrugs off depression and other illnesses as “cringe disease”.

I was going to ask "under 25 or over 45", but I'm starting to suspect the former. Frankly, you're probably looking at excuses for learned helplessness rather than any sort of a biological issue.

12 hours ago, Nuke said:

people use nihilism as an excuse to be bitter hateful people, unfortunately this behavior is not limited to nihilists.

Nihilism had a sort of a political phase right at the moment people heard about it. Back here nihilism is typified by the fictional character of Evgeny Bazarov, an 1860s radical.

12 hours ago, Nuke said:

my mom does that "im too stupid" crap and it bugs the hell out of me. thing is she is a bona fide bible thumper.

Someone took "and the meek shall inherit the world" a little too seriously... I'm tempted to start poking whether the particular branch of Christianity is an issue, but I know my own expertise in the matter is hopelessly tainted with politics, and so I won't dig further.

Edited by DDE

Oukey, crying laughing time. :P 

Both of my restroom's roofs needed maintenance the whole year, so I finally managed to make appointments with the mason to work on them now. Better later than never, but having to work on both restrooms at the same time is pretty… Annoying - by more than one reason! :sticktongue:

Being not enough, we found serious problems on the pantry and the damned room need to be completely revamped and with urgency (it was really bad), what also means that I had to empty it and scatterer everything on the kitchen, as there's no more space on the rest of the house - already full of boxes due unrelated reasons.

(Had I mentioned that I had hurt my arm last week? Well, since I had to do some physical work today, I hurt it again!)

And since I'm already completely screwed, I decided to do also the service area, as it's adjacent to one of the restrooms and the pantry - and the mason explained that since I'm really screwed, doing the service area wouldn't add too much to the bill - it will be more expensive to work only on it later. What's 15% more on the bill anyway? :P (Yeah, kiss Xmas budget byebye!)

But… There's more. Two buildings adjacent to my condo are being demolished. Putting down two 8 stories edifices is a lot of work, dust and noise - I'm hearing stone crushers the whole month 9 x 5.

So now I have stone crushers working on the neighbour, on my restrooms and on my pantry - and soon on the service area.

Oh, yes!! Our (new) biggest client will go live today night! I'm reviewing the servers! (typing with a hurt arm is a… challenge. :) )

Man… Would today be Monday, it would be perfect. :sticktongue:

(I need a hug)