Thread to discuss negative things in a very general way, just see where it goes y'know?

DAL59

At my work, there’s a reusable item we put on each unit late in the manufacturing process, and then take it off at the end. Naturally, these items eventually wear out or become damaged, making them unusable. 

Our supply is getting low. Really low. Manufactured product is piling up, waiting for these items to come off the last batch of product, jamming up the posts behind that process. Then the guys that put them on have to play catch-up 

We were supposed to get more last Monday  Like, a week ago. How are we supposed to get production numbers up in our busy season when we don’t have the supplies we need??!?

As more wear out, this is getting more and more ridiculous. 

27 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

At my work, there’s a reusable item we put on each unit late in the manufacturing process, and then take it off at the end

"And now the personnel of the secure workshop number A-3 can listen our confidential corporative song "The Details We're Making Are Perfect And Great!" "

Edited by kerbiloid

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

At my work, there’s a reusable item we put on each unit late in the manufacturing process, and then take it off at the end. Naturally, these items eventually wear out or become damaged, making them unusable. 

Our supply is getting low. Really low. Manufactured product is piling up, waiting for these items to come off the last batch of product, jamming up the posts behind that process. Then the guys that put them on have to play catch-up 

We were supposed to get more last Monday  Like, a week ago. How are we supposed to get production numbers up in our busy season when we don’t have the supplies we need??!?

"But, they're recyclable. Why do we need to make more?"

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Whatever you do, don't come up with a workaround.

You'll be doing it for life.

And yes this can be considered my complaint about life for the day :)

Edited by 5thHorseman

It just happened.
About half an hour ago my last rabbit died. I don't understand - three hours ago she was her normal, rebellious self, and then suddenly she's no longer there. She lived to be around 5 years old. I liked her a lot, which makes it even more painful. I feel like I didn't even have enough time to say goodbye.

Was it my fault? Did I do something wrong? Or was it unavoidable?

If you want to read a depressing paragraph and a half below, be my guest

Spoiler

Went to have an immunisation on Tuesday this week but I just couldn't, thanks to anxiety, being nervous, and just general fear. The people there were very supportive however, and my parents were like "It's fine, we can just go home" and all that. The second I got in the car however, "How embarrassing my son can't even get a >>>> needle, you're a failure" "They said it's fine and that you can try again next week, they're lying, you're just a complete idiot" "You can forget about going on your xbox when we get home, you don't deserve it" "I'm not even helping you get a drivers license as you can't do anything for yourself" "You're just an absolute >>>> and can't stand up for yourself, rather take the easy option than get it done" "I don't give a >>>>, you can't do anything" I feel horrible, it's all my fault.

I should've just gotten it, none of this would've happened. I hate myself, i'm just a complete waste of oxygen. Everybody thinks i'm a disappointment, I can't do anything. I just suffer and for what reason? Why am I even here? Great way to support a son by making him feel like he's a waste of life and a complete failure, great job to them. If they saw just for a minute how difficult this is for me, I really do wonder how they would then react. I really do. But according to them I'm just a stupid kid who doesn't know anything, so none of this even matters anyway. I'm just here to be a silent witness to my own pain, nothing more, nothing less.

(>>>> means profanity btw) 

Ima go get yelled at now for having the courage to let you all know by somehow getting the internet to work after they disconnected it as punishment for just not coping with a nervous breakdown

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

14 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Hide contents

Went to have an immunisation on Tuesday this week but I just couldn't, thanks to anxiety, being nervous, and just general fear. The people there were very supportive however, and my parents were like "It's fine, we can just go home" and all that. The second I got in the car however, "How embarrassing my son can't even get a >>>> needle, you're a failure" "They said it's fine and that you can try again next week, they're lying, you're just a complete idiot" "You can forget about going on your xbox when we get home, you don't deserve it" "I'm not even helping you get a drivers license as you can't do anything for yourself" "You're just an absolute >>>> and can't stand up for yourself, rather take the easy option than get it done" "I don't give a >>>>, you can't do anything" I feel horrible, it's all my fault.

I should've just gotten it, none of this would've happened. I hate myself, i'm just a complete waste of oxygen. Everybody thinks i'm a disappointment, I can't do anything. I just suffer and for what reason? Why am I even here? Great way to support a son by making him feel like he's a waste of life and a complete failure, great job to them. If they saw just for a minute how difficult this is for me, I really do wonder how they would then react. I really do. But according to them I'm just a stupid kid who doesn't know anything, so none of this even matters anyway. I'm just here to be a silent witness to my own pain, nothing more, nothing less.

Ima go get yelled at now for having the courage to let you all know by somehow getting the internet to work after they disconnected it as punishment for just not coping with a nervous breakdown

Whoa. I think Im just gonna list out a few things wrong with that exchange.

Unless my life is an utter lie, that is not how a parental figure acts. That is, however, how a tyrant with a serious ethics problem acts.

Also, do not think of yourself as a waste. Have you committed genocide of real people? Have you made the real world change for the worse? If both of those are no, then you have no reason to say you are a throwaway, and you deserve to live on this earth.

Also, your cruel and unusual punishment will end at some point, so just keep preservering and this depression will blow over.

I hope I helped your emotional state slightly.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Reveal hidden contents

eh you'll likely reflect back and cringe at this situation when you grow up

Edited by Guest

On 10/2/2019 at 2:57 PM, Aperture Science said:

eh you'll likely reflect back and cringe at this situation when you grow up

Ah yes! I remember, I think I was, 15, maybe? I was going for an immunisation, and had a mental breakdown and a severe reprimand by my parents...

O jolly good fun! 

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Ah yes! I remember, I think I was, 15, maybe? I was going for an immunisation, and had a mental breakdown and a severe reprimand by my parents...

O jolly good fun! 

No, more like "man I can't believe I used to be that immature, I should've outgrown that by then but better late then never"

36 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

ehh, okay..

what, you think it was appropriate to have a mental breakdown over a vaccine at an age where in the US you can legally drive a motor vehicle the next year? I think you brought this one on yourself my dude, I used to have behaviors similar to yours (judging from what I can remember from your post history here) when I was 15, including having a "breakdown" during class, and I can safely say that whatever negative experiences related to those things that I had at that time were largely only my fault - it took someone else to make that obvious to me in a not very educated manner back then for me to stop putting all the blame on others and work on behaviors that I really shouldn't have had by then and start improving myself.

I mean look at what you said at the end of that, "Ima go get yelled at now for having the courage to let you all know by somehow getting the internet to work after they disconnected it as punishment for just not coping with a nervous breakdown", instead of regretting yourself because of what happened why don't you take that as an opportunity to work on preventing it from happening in the first place, see what I'm getting at? It's not their fault - it's yours. It's up to you to recognize that and fix yourself.

You're not obligated to do as I say or pay attention to me at all, but I'm fairly certain you'll agree with this in the near future, talking from experience

Edited by Guest

@The_Cat_In_Space

“Fear of the needle” is definitely something you’ll need to overcome, but don’t feel bad for getting nervous. We don’t typically like sharp metal things getting stuck in us. 
I would recommend looking away or making small talk with your parents or the nurse while getting the shot. It never hurts much at all; often it’s over before you even realize they stuck you. 
The anticipation is the toughest part, but like anything in life, such as giving an important speech or addressing a major problem, you need to work in spite of the stress to get what is best for you and others. 

Edited by GearsNSuch

I would like to complain about complaints about complaints about people not complaining. 
Also, they replaced the chairs in the office. Old ones were swively, stereotypically overengineered office chairs. New ones just have dumb rollers on the legs and no head rests. You can hardly get distracted comfortable in them. 

On 9/30/2019 at 8:13 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Hide contents

So, pardon my french, but these people are massive cheeks- holes. These are not parents, they are narcissistic emotional abusers with no sense of how anxiety works. I would personally confront them, or get the hell outta dodge if something as small as that sets them off.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, Aperture Science said:

No, more like "man I can't believe I used to be that immature, I should've outgrown that by then but better late then never"

I don't think anxiety attacks are something you outgrow or are caused by immaturity, but that's just my 2 cents.

17 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I don't think anxiety attacks are something you outgrow or are caused by immaturity, but that's just my 2 cents.

Pretty sure some are, I absolutely could not stand getting my blood drawn when I was a kid but that's something I had overcome it long before I was 15 - by not looking at the needle.

Some posts have been removed. Folks, if you disagree with something a moderator has done, send us a PM or lodge a complaint with our supervisors. Posting in the thread to dispute moderation only serves to derail discussions even further, and is in fact the sort of thing which forced us to shut down the previous version of this thread. 

Negative stuff? It's Balloon Fiesta here, which means a ton of traffic to the Tram that takes people to the op of the mountain. My house is next to it, and the road to the tram is the only way home. Yeah, first world problems...

Traffic was backed up way, WAY down the hill. I think the guy at the parkign kioska who takes payment also gives some sort of chat to people about things to do, etc. Yeah, that needs to stop. Also, they need to give someone a remote credit card swiper, and have them do all CC transactions before they even reach the kiosk so that there is no delay. Maybe take cash down the hill as well. Took me 20 minutes to close the last few hundred meters to my street, and even then, I drove the last bit on the wrong side of the road.

Edited by tater

1 hour ago, tater said:

Traffic was backed up way, WAY down the hill. I think the guy at the parkign kioska who takes payment also gives some sort of chat to people about things to do, etc. Yeah, that needs to stop. Also, they need to give someone a remote credit card swiper, and have them do all CC transactions before they even reach the kiosk so that there is no delay. Maybe take cash down the hill as well. Took me 20 minutes to close the last few hundred meters to my street, and even then, I drove the last bit on the wrong side of the road.

Still so many places on the Earth to be terraformed.

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

but it went spagoot just before I got home.

Worst one I ever had was a 14 hour print that failed in the last hour.

I did, however, once have one fail at a very recognizable spot.  Hacked the Gcode, and was able to have the printer start off where it had failed.  Not sure it was worth it, though, I think it took longer to do the hack than it would have taken to just start the thing over...

Fresh install of Windows 7 onto a brand new SSD in a laptop that originally came with Windows 7.  I've asked nothing more of it than to simply install a few drivers (Which I had to do with a thumb drive as it couldn't even recognize the ethernet adapter at install) and start Windows update, and we can't even do that without stalling out.  I tell it to reboot thinking that would kick start it, and it's all "Oh Hey Dude, we can't do that.  I need to finish updating first!".

So now we're stalled out at the shutting down/updating screen.  And people wonder why I gave up on Windows.

Also I'm out of Root Beer.