I had early access, here's a quick video summary of the Breaking Ground DLC

Just now, Geonovast said:

That's gotta be the most genius booster recovery I've ever seen.

Thanks! For such a long time I wasn't sure how to practically land all 3 boosters with the game's limitations, so I had the idea to just make them the same booster. It worked surprisingly well, and even came with the added bonus of being more leg efficient.

1 minute ago, Boyster said:

Very nice showcase!I also want to ask, what do you mean my motors not being propellers?They cant at all or its just not their main purpose?

THe rotors and servos are too weak to be used as propeller parts. This has led to some speculation that official propeller parts are coming. You can use the rotors and servos as propeller like contraptions, but if you go watch ShadowZone's review, he states that they are too weak to be used as propellars. He barely got a single engine off the ground, had to had two propellers to make it actually flyable. 

TL:DR: Yes and No. Too weak. 

But I think I have a solution, free pivot the rotor and add jet engines to spin the rotor.

2 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

But I think I have a solution, free pivot the rotor and add jet engines to spin the rotor.

Ahhh ok, well yeah, it might be a solution but was hoping to reduce the kraken tech needed to build such things to zero :D .

I ll go check ShadowZones review ;) .

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

THe rotors and servos are too weak to be used as propeller parts. This has led to some speculation that official propeller parts are coming. You can use the rotors and servos as propeller like contraptions, but if you go watch ShadowZone's review, he states that they are too weak to be used as propellars. He barely got a single engine off the ground, had to had two propellers to make it actually flyable. 

TL:DR: Yes and No. Too weak. 

Or stack the motor parts to up their speed.

@klesh @razark The clouds are EVE and Spectra which are not included in the DLC.

6 hours ago, Boyster said:

Very nice showcase!I also want to ask, what do you mean by motors not used as propellers?They cant at all or its just not their main purpose?

It's not their main purpose.

6 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

The video claims they are working on propellers, proper pnes and not multiple part rotors + aero surfaces... Is this for the basr game? And update to this dlc? Or a future dlc?

Not sure, the mention of it I saw just said post release. I don't know if this means post DLC, or post early access for the DLC. I'd like to hope it's for the base game though.

Hi Jacob.  My humble suggestion for next time you're given early access to promote a DLC Expansion is to use an install that has only that DLC Expansion in it to avoid confusion.  :)

Just now, klesh said:

Hi Jacob.  My humble suggestion for next time you're given early access to promote a DLC Expansion is to use an install that has only that DLC Expansion in it to avoid confusion.  :)

That is a great idea. Thanks for the suggestions!

Edited by JacobJHC

12 hours ago, Aegolius13 said:

Great video!  The tip about yaw/pitch/roll settings was very helpful. And you've already come up with very clever uses for the parts.  Is it weird that the little accordion-ramp was my favorite?

I don't know. :D It's definitely the most satisfying.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.