[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

9 hours ago, tinyspy44 said:

What'd you use for the cargo bay? I couldn't find a part on the github.

It's a part of the mix between the BuranWIP extra on github and the SOCK Repainted, there's already some part like the cockpit or the engine mount but for the cargo bay you will have to get SOCK repainted.

here's the links of the two if you want:

https://github.com/benjee10/Shuttle-Orbiter-Construction-Kit/tree/master/Extras/Buran WIP

(on the github for the buran textures)

Edited by BlackDinoShadows

• 3 weeks later...

@benjee10This has probably been asked a bunch of times and I apologize if you have given an answer already and I failed to notice, anyway is there any update about the Buran or is that still on hold? I know I and many others would love to see your talent put to work in making it! 

5 hours ago, Jim123 said:

@benjee10This has probably been asked a bunch of times and I apologize if you have given an answer already and I failed to notice, anyway is there any update about the Buran or is that still on hold? I know I and many others would love to see your talent put to work in making it! 

AFAIK benjee said there wouldn't be further development on Buran, at least for now. But I'm currently working on a SOCK-based Buran mod.

10 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Some time ago I made a post for Buran stuff made by other people for SOCK (Textures for wings and body, Decals, etc).

13 hours ago, hugoraider said:

AFAIK benjee said there wouldn't be further development on Buran, at least for now. But I'm currently working on a SOCK-based Buran mod.

Is development still on hold for this? Also, I kitbashed a Buran using SOCK parts and some CA parts.

On 11/26/2023 at 2:18 AM, Jebediah Kerman - Earth said:

I have had this goofy texture problem every time I installed this mod thru CKAN in the past. I do not remember how to fix it .  Does anyone know  how to fix ?image.png?ex=65751dde&is=6562a8de&hm=406

Image doesn't work. Try installing the mod manually instead of through CKAN.

Rrocket Motor Menagerie's RS-65 engines make this mod even more fun. They are also more closely ressemble the actual RS-65 engines used on the shuttles.

On 11/23/2023 at 9:28 AM, hugoraider said:

Oh yes! I've been using that one, one small thing that bothers me is the central fuselage texture doesn't match up with the cockpit or tail; it feels too high-res. Not sure if you can do much about it though. Would like to see the rear of the OV-100B on OK-GLI have its weird placeholder viking engines removed.

PS: If anyone wanted said Buran-based SOCK mod, i believe its this:
https://github.com/hugoraider/Buran-Orbiter-Construction-Kithttps://github.com/hugoraider/Buran-Orbiter-Construction-Kit

22 hours ago, Unbreakify said:

Oh yes! I've been using that one, one small thing that bothers me is the central fuselage texture doesn't match up with the cockpit or tail; it feels too high-res. Not sure if you can do much about it though. Would like to see the rear of the OV-100B on OK-GLI have its weird placeholder viking engines removed.

PS: If anyone wanted said Buran-based SOCK mod, i believe its this:
https://github.com/hugoraider/Buran-Orbiter-Construction-Kithttps://github.com/hugoraider/Buran-Orbiter-Construction-Kit

Well, yes, that's my mod. I kinda wanted to make a new topic to announce it though... :/

Anyway, yes, the cargo bay uses higher res textures than the cockpit and OMS pod, but that's cause benjee used 4096*4096 textures for Shuttle, but 2048*2048 for Buran, so I went along with it. Also, OK-GLI OMS pod has fake orbital engines because that's how it was on the real deal.

1 hour ago, hugoraider said:

Well, yes, that's my mod. I kinda wanted to make a new topic to announce it though... :/

Anyway, yes, the cargo bay uses higher res textures than the cockpit and OMS pod, but that's cause benjee used 4096*4096 textures for Shuttle, but 2048*2048 for Buran, so I went along with it. Also, OK-GLI OMS pod has fake orbital engines because that's how it was on the real deal.

The important thing isn't the resolution itself but the texel density (i.e. number of pixels per meter) - shuttle uses 4K textures because the texture sheets include multiple parts e.g. cockpit, fuselage, wings, whereas the Buran textures are for individual parts (just the cockpit and aft fuselage) so can be smaller while retaining the same number of pixels per meter.

I believe the tiles look sharper on your parts because you have used a flat tiling texture for them, whereas on the cockpit/aft fuselage I baked a 3D tile texture onto curved surfaces so the anti-aliasing softens them a bit. I couldn't use a flat tiling texture as this would have distorted heavily on the curved surfaces etc. Might be worth trying to add 1-2px of blur to your tiles and see if that helps them match better. 

5 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Oops.. sorry! I'm sure people will still enjoy it on a new topic though, don't let my small blunder stray you away from that.

2 hours ago, Unbreakify said:

Are there any mods for the text seen on the payload doors and side of the shuttle?

image.png?ex=6581c5db&is=656f50db&hm=65e

To get the letters on the payload bay doors, you must put the conformal decals just under where you want them, and then use the offset tool to move them up. It can be a bit tricky, but that's how it's done.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:29 PM, hugoraider said:

Oh, OK. Thanks for clarifying.

Do you plan on finishing the OK-GLI livery as well as adding other liveries such as OK-MT or OK-M? 
(By finishing OK-GLI, i mean adding jet engines to it that match the style of the Buran.)
ok-m1.jpgok-m2.jpgok-gli-vol.jpgburan, shuttle buran program, energia, space shuttle, launcher energia, launcher, USSR, mriya, polyus, poliyus, energya, maks, bor-4, bor-5, bor-6, energia-buran, soviet rocket, space shuttle, soviet launcher, Буран, Энергия, plans, schematic, soviet, russian shuttle, russian space shuttle, USSR

Edited by Unbreakify

On 3/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Sorry to spoil a surprise, but:

benjee10.shuttle.buranCockpit_icon.png
benjee10.shuttle.buranOMS_icon.png

Found on the GitHub repository in the Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter/parts/@thumbs directory...

Pretty awesome update coming soon, I suppose!

:(

2 hours ago, Unbreakify said:

Do you plan on finishing the OK-GLI livery as well as adding other liveries such as OK-MT or OK-M? 
(By finishing OK-GLI, i mean adding jet engines to it that match the style of the Buran.)
ok-m1.jpgok-m2.jpgok-gli-vol.jpgburan, shuttle buran program, energia, space shuttle, launcher energia, launcher, USSR, mriya, polyus, poliyus, energya, maks, bor-4, bor-5, bor-6, energia-buran, soviet rocket, space shuttle, soviet launcher, Буран, Энергия, plans, schematic, soviet, russian shuttle, russian space shuttle, USSR

Yes, the jet engines are planned, as well as OK-GLI nose gear. Other liveries aren't planned though, at least for now.

1 hour ago, hugoraider said:

Yes, the jet engines are planned, as well as OK-GLI nose gear. Other liveries aren't planned though, at least for now.

Nice to hear about that. Hopefully you can fix some of the weird fuselage texturing. Its a great mod, keep it up!

Edited by Unbreakify