KSP2 Hype Train Thread

2 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

How long until someone makes a plane that requires BOTH runways to take off? I give it... a week... maybe two. 

And by both, I literally mean the aircraft is so wide the left wheels are on the left runway and vice versa for the right.

Hey, that was my idea

Hello page 200. There are those who said this day would never come. The hype has defied them.

Just now, Stephensan said:

hype really isn't hype right now, its still getting its tires inflated.

Speak for yourself, imho. While my hype has fluctuated between 40% and 250% of announcement trailer levels, it is now very much at a steady 95%

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

4 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

200 pages of pure hype! Were approaching solar ejection speeds!

Each posts adds a meter per second of speed.

Currently we are at 4,981 m/s.

Edited by GoldForest

2 minutes ago, Ravien said:

As I can see, we have to prepare for comeback of wet noodle rockets - this feature will be back in KSP2.

There is a need for more struts.

Noodle rockets still exist in KSP 1 if you forget struts and autostruts. The 'feature' never left. :P

4,984 m/s.

Edited by GoldForest

On 2/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, MechBFP said:

Interesting. I am getting a bit of Factorio/Satisfactory/DysonSphereProject vibes from this. I am certainly not expecting resource management to be anywhere close as in depth as those automation games, but I will be interested to see as to what depth KSP2 might venture into that area of game play in regards to colony management.

From some rumblings I have heard it sounds like there is going to be some grains of truth to this prediction I made last year.

Very much hope it pans out. :)

From the footage one thing is clear, this game is way more Kerbal than KSP1.

They're more present all the time, the chatterer helps a lot with that.

19 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Each posts adds a meter per second of speed.

Currently we are at 4,981 m/s.

a more fun experiment,

how long does it take to get to the mun and land.. 0 on kerbin --> 0 on mun

for save reasoning lets say it will take, in real life time 15 minutes, with fast forwarding etc..

if we try to do 60fps with the 4,981 it will only do just around 1.38 minutes before we run out of "frames"

do the math to see how many "frames" we can have with the amount of comments that they are here, a second.

Okay thoughts, there's a lot of little things that are nice about ksp2 (sound design is phenomenal), however the game is clearly unfinished and needs a lot more polish. Cautiously optimistic currently, think this game can do a lot of cool stuff, but certainly needs a lot more time in the oven. Personally what I plan on doing is waiting a few months for optimization and buying the game then.

• There are still a few gremlins in our serialization code, and very rarely (especially when building high-complexity vehicles) your vehicle may collapse into an unrecoverable pile of parts on the floor of the VAB. For now, it’s a good idea to save frequently.

This is flippin hilarious to me! I hope I encounter this bug a few times before its gone. Just imagining all the parts hitting the floor like a kid dumping legos is the funniest bug I never thought I'd hear of. 

11 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

do the math to see how many "frames" we can have with the amount of comments that they are here, a second.

Not entirely sure what you mean by this.

4,989 m/s.

Edited by GoldForest

Just now, GoldForest said:

This is flippin hilarious to me! I hope I encounter this bug a few times before its gone. Just imagining all the parts hitting the floor like a kid dumping legos is the funniest bug I never thought I'd hear of. 

I feel for that coder. All I can imagine is them sitting there going "Why.... how.... what?"

19 minutes ago, Master39 said:

From the footage one thing is clear, this game is way more Kerbal than KSP1.

They're more present all the time, the chatterer helps a lot with that.

One of the first mods I add to any KSP game was Chatterer, and I actually lamented the fact that when I start KSP2 I wont have that..... I was quite pleased when I watched the videos :D

2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

I feel for that coder. All I can imagine is them sitting there going "Why.... how.... what?"

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cf/ba/16/cfba166135deb8ca2d21c2c2790c9ea2--programming-humor-computer-programming.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

15 minutes

4,989 replys

put that into a fps format.

Hmm... Still don't understand... 

4,993 / 60 = 83.22 FPS ?

4,993 * (15*60) = 4,483,700 / 60 = 74,895 fps ?

I seriously don't know what you're getting at... sorry. 

4,993 m/s

So really thinking about the game the best i can explain it for anyone and anything for any players, that are on the page 200...

Ksp 2 0.1.x = ksp 1 beta, lots of features are missing like heat. for example.

The best way you can explain this is to watch

To get a better understanding... however things like parts etc will be different, and graphics aswell, but this is a good understanding of what ksp 2 0.1.X will be like.

hope this helps

Just now, GoldForest said:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cf/ba/16/cfba166135deb8ca2d21c2c2790c9ea2--programming-humor-computer-programming.jpg

Hmm... Still don't understand... 

4,993 / 60 = 83.22 FPS ?

4,993 * (15*60) = 4,483,700 / 60 = 74,895 fps ?

I seriously don't know what you're getting at... sorry. 

4,993 m/s

if we did an example of going to the mun, from stationary to stationary, from kerbin, to the mun.. and we give it a time of around 15 real life minutes..

with a 4,993 number, how many frames a second will you be able to do in the 15 minutes, without running out of "frames" (4,993) explaining it any further will just give out the answer.

Just now, Stephensan said:

if we did an example of going to the mun, from stationary to stationary, from kerbin, to the mun.. and we give it a time of around 15 real life minutes..

with a 4,993 number, how many frames a second will you be able to do in the 15 minutes, without running out of "frames" (4,993) explaining it any further will just give out the answer.

I think I understand... 

15 mins * 60 secs = 900 seconds / 4,999 fames = 0.18 FPS.... 

4,999 m/s