KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Just now, Vl3d said:

It's a little hard to get excited knowing that playing the game will be more work than fun. :sealed: Some of those bugs.. aiaiaiaia

At least you will be able to run the game, not sure my hardware can handle that :(

Just now, GoldForest said:

The hardware requirements for min spec have been updated to include a 1070Ti. If you have a 1060, you should be fine. 

Well well well... I don't know where exactly to place a nVidia T550. I only know it would be lower than a 1050 Ti.

(I'll not mention RAM)

1 hour ago, Nazalassa said:

I just watched @Space Scumbag's video about part descriptions, and I have one question to ask: Why aren't the trusses procedural?

Oh at least we now have 1.25m cargo bays :D

Speaking of @Space Scumbag, he mentioned on the KSP subreddit that the devs hinted that KSP2 would go on sale relatively soon.

AmbnCn3.png

Obviously hearsay, but it might be worth waiting a bit until the KSP2 price/quality ratio is a bit more... reasonable.

Edit: link to the reddit post

Edited by Yakuzi

17 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

With the amount of hours I'm going to put into it between 0.1 and 1.0, the $50 price tag is already a bargain. Not to mention after full release. With all the new features, a thousand hours mark doesn't seem that far.

1000 hours? I give it 3 to 5 months. 

7 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

With the amount of hours I'm going to put into it between 0.1 and 1.0, the $50 price tag is already a bargain. Not to mention after full release. With all the new features, a thousand hours mark doesn't seem that far.

KSP is my all-time fav game, so I fully appreciate your take on this. At the same time I'm hesitant to pay that kind of money for an EA title from  a major game producer that is such a rough state.

We'll see how it pans out.

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Real Kerbalnauts don't need math.

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Nobody aside from serious  engineering nerds is going to use maths to play a game.

Many of the best players early on in KSP 1 days were intensively math-oriented.  And so many forum users were happy to try and explain the math to newbies.
I learned how to calculate my dV and did the math regularly.  Back in the day Kerbal Engineer had trouble calculating dV for a number of configurations.
User @OhioBob knows an immense amount of orbital mechanic math and contributed deeply to my understanding of Oberth effect and I learned all about gateway orbits.

It's no exaggeration to say that there were a lot of math geeks attracted to this game, especially in the early days.  It was quite common to see algebra in forum discussions.

Happy landings!

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

But once it got there it was a game changer (But I was using KER already). I don't want to launch my rockets with 1.005 or 2.8 twr. I want to know what engine/how many tanks do I need to launch at 1.2-1.4twr.

Still use KER. The customisable HUD is what keeps me coming back. I can put whatever information I want in those, and depending on the readout, they are only visible when I actually need them. I pick a target and everything I need to know to rendezvous is right there. Or landing, or burn time, or what biome am I in? Heck even the crafts Name, mass and part count, because reasons.

I'm no one but in my opinion EA is not a game. I watched the gameplay. what I felt was like this is nothing different from ksp1. Actually, I felt like ksp1 is better in terms of graphs. I'm not a graph guy but it lead me to think about the game. what they were doing for 5 years? 

building interface and flying interface changed. they could just do it to KSP1 as well. roadmap doesn't have any date as well. so we dont know how long it will take to get any features that they were showing 5 years ago.

Beside all these bad comments by me, I will buy the game day one and I won't even run(nvida 3070) because there is nothing new for me. I will wait until new stuff arrives. maybe next year.

communication is really bad. they tell nothing about the game. there are so many questions but no answers.

12 minutes ago, Terensky said:

Does someone know why 1.875 parts were not shown on the ESA preview? Perhaps because they're part of the Making History DLC?

Too bad cause I like them...

I think they might have been, at least the fuel tanks. 

If they weren't, Intercept has expressed they may add them if community feedback requests them. 

Like I said a month ago when people tried to tell me that if you can run KSP 1 you will run KSP 2 well, they should seriously consider making the game available on GeforceNOW, this would allow thousands of people to be able to play the game on high settings right now (since they offer up to RTX 4080 performance), without spending thousands of dollars.

Edited by gussi111

Just now, gussi111 said:

Like I said a month ago when people tried to tell me that if you can run KSP 1 you will run KSP 2 well, they should seriously consider making the game available on GeforceNOW, this would allow thousands of people to be able to play the game on high settings right now, without spending thousands of dollars.

Aye, I second that notion.

11 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Like I said a month ago when people tried to tell me that if you can run KSP 1 you will run KSP 2 well, they should seriously consider making the game available on GeforceNOW, this would allow thousands of people to be able to play the game on high settings right now (since they offer up to RTX 4080 performance), without spending thousands of dollars.

Does GFN even support or allow early access games?

1 hour ago, Ekerci said:

I'm no one but in my opinion EA is not a game. I watched the gameplay. what I felt was like this is nothing different from ksp1. Actually, I felt like ksp1 is better in terms of graphs. I'm not a graph guy but it lead me to think about the game. what they were doing for 5 years? 

building interface and flying interface changed. they could just do it to KSP1 as well. roadmap doesn't have any date as well. so we dont know how long it will take to get any features that they were showing 5 years ago.

Beside all these bad comments by me, I will buy the game day one and I won't even run(nvida 3070) because there is nothing new for me. I will wait until new stuff arrives. maybe next year.

communication is really bad. they tell nothing about the game. there are so many questions but no answers.

It's going to get better. I agree that at this point KSP1 is by far the superior game. But let's see in 3-6 months..