[1.4.3 <= KSP <= 1.12.5] KSP Recall - 0.4.1.0- 2024-0407

Lisias

METAR

I just found a weird misbehaviour (and this time I double checked to be sure it's not my fault somehow! :sticktongue: ) on KSP 1.12.3 that I think its related to how Unity handles filenames: on a test bed, some of my craft files are being "eaten" somehow: I save it, I quick save, then I leave KSP, then I reload the savegame with some change to be tested and both the craft file as the quicksave is not there anymore. :o

Spoiler

hellboy_aw_crap_by_superkitty27_d7lybil-

KRRAAAAP…. 

Oukey. This may be serious.

After reproducing the problem more than once, I opened an Finder window on that directory and monitored the situation. Weirdly enough, I noticed that the craft file was there, as well a hand made copy I did on finder - but the copy itself was not being shown on the KSP's Load Dialog…. Suspicious… :huh:

Then I changed the view on the Finder window and noticed something interesting - I had another savegame with a similar name on that game, but using different casing… Like test_addon and test_ADDON .

Then I understood what's happening!!

On a Unity game, EVERYTHING is converted into a "URL" before being used to open a file. But URLs are case insentive, so if you are using a case sensitive file system (and this is becoming more and more usual, and even Windows is starting to support this - see the Professional release of Windows 11 and his new filesystem with deduplication), SOMEHOW SOMEONE "downthere" on the file access routings needs to do some guesses. One of these guesses I'm guessing :P is to convert everything to lowercase and see if the file exists first - and then load it. If the file doesn't exists, then try to open the URL without lowering case. It's a wild guess, but it's what I'm thinking it's happening, because once I deleted the test_addon directory , things were normalised and KSP behave as expected using test_ADDON.

I don't know if this also happens on previous versions of KSP, I will check this later - this may be a misbehaviour induced by the new Craft Load dialog on KSP 1.12.x because I remember doing similar stunts in the past without getting my crafts "eaten".

On 3/27/2022 at 5:27 PM, Rakete said:

<cut by me> sometimes KSP eats my craftfiles. I usually save my builds before launching testwise. 

I think your issue may be related to what I described above. Did you remember if you had another similarly named save game on that same KSP installment, like I did on mine?

Edited by Lisias
Better wording

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

I think your issue may be related to what I described above. Did you remember if you had another similarly named save game on that same KSP installment, like I did on mine?

No I hadn't except from the autosaved craft, that gets built on every launch (is there a way to disable this?)

I just worked on a lets say "Testvehicle 123" and saved it, tested stuff on it, reworked, saved, tested and so on. And then it happend that KSP didn't go to the flight scene upno launchbutton hit. It went to the KSC perspective. Reentering the vab resulted in finding the vehicle, in the loading window, but... ... how can i describe this ?!... The vehicle was loaded, but i could bot interact with anything, the loadwindow did not disappear after loading and all the stuff of the staging on the right was aligned horizontally in a pale green box. I couldn't do anything with it. I could only delete the destroyed craft file and go back to square one. Since then I try to save craft in different filenames in order to go back an interation instead of saving the vehicle over.

17 hours ago, Rakete said:

The vehicle was loaded, but i could bot interact with anything, the loadwindow did not disappear after loading and all the stuff of the staging on the right was aligned horizontally in a pale green box. I couldn't do anything with it. I could only delete the destroyed craft file and go back to square one. Since then I try to save craft in different filenames in order to go back an interation instead of saving the vehicle over.

Ouch. It's something on some code for sure - I had managed to get that while fiddling in places I'm not supposed to while testing things on KSP.

There're a few places on KSP where an Exception (anything, no matter how silly) is unhandled and kills  the thread - that so leaves a lot of unfinished business behind, some on the UI.

You probably got stuck because I think KSP is doing something like this:

1. KSP draws the Craft Load Dialog, freezes all the UI buttons less the ones from the Dialog
  2. User Selects a craft and hit "Load it".
  3. KSP sets all buttons on the Dialog to be unresponsive, so the @#@#$% user don't try to do something while it loads the craft, ruining the day :P
  4. KSP Loads the craft
  5. KSP runs the Upgrade Pipeline thingy
  6. KSP closes the Dialog
  7. KSP makes all that buttons responsive again.

If in step 4 or 5 an Exception happens and it's not handled (perhaps an exoteric exception that never happened on development, or perhaps a new one that didn't existed yet when the code was written - or perhaps Exceptions are not being handled at all...), the thread is killed on the spot and the remaining steps are not executed.

It's interesting to note that sometimes this weird situation happens on one place because something unexpected happened previously in some other place, and by having that thread being killed prematurely, something inside KSP got in a inconsistent state. And then while doing something else a thingy that is always there is used, but this time it's not there and the code borks on an NRE or something due that - I call this a "cascading crap" (or sheet :P storm - because you get wet and wet and more wet as that fine pieces of paper :P fall from the skies on you).

Most of the time the Exception will be logged on the KSP.log, but in a very few situations (as when the crap blows up on the C++ land) it will be logged only on the Player.log.

Next time it happens, quit KSP and save both KSP.log and Player.log on the spot and yell around here - the good side of doing a lot of mistakes on development is that sooner or later something else borks the same and you recognise the smell. "Been there, borked that" Development Model. :sticktongue:

Edited by Lisias
Hit Save too soon.

• 2 weeks later...

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.2.2.4 is on the Wild, featuring:

• Closes issues:
    • #41 Investigate a possible (bad) iteraction with Procedural Parts (RO) V2.3.0
    • #37 Check about a missing use-case on AttachedOnEditor
    • #21 Update KSPe.Light for KSPe

This release, besides with minimal changes, was really worksome and stressful.

One of the problems on trying to work around systemic problems is that you end up triggering or diagnosing unrelated problems from 3rd parties that not only are usually not obvious (and so people resist to acknowledge them), but could be also the trigger for some of the systemic misbehaviours I fighting against.

I will decline to further discussing the matter here, as it's everything documented on the respective issue. But it's enough to say that everytime you disrespect the KSP's Life Cycles (and there's a bunch on this game), you are potentially screwing up someone else (usually KSP itself). The Editor bug from KSP 1.9.0 to nowadays that royally screws up TweakScale is a perfect example of the problem.

So, breaking a long standing tradition of tackling down only KSP idiosyncrasies on KSP-Recall, this release also offers a fix (and this is a fix, not a work around) to a 3rd party add'on, as the upstream didn't acknowledged the issue as a problem and not tackling it down myself would render the add'on under discussion unusable on rigs where KSP-Recall's AttachedOnEditor must be used.

Making things somewhat harsher, while diagnosing the problem I ended up agreeing on being a beta tester for some 3rd-parties' add'ons to avoid having KSP-Recall (gratuitously, as the problem was detected on them - Recall was the screaming victim of the problem) declared as a Conflict with them - what essentially would render TweakScale unusable for some users - unless I would reintegrated the fixes on TweakScale (with all the problems it would incur), but that will make TS triggering the same problems and so on the long run, TweakScale would also be declared a Conflict.

Given the options imposed to me, the less worst option was agreeing on beta testing some 3rd-parties add'ons on KSP-Recall.

This extra burden will, definitively, delay future KSP-Recall releases (the same way this very simple release was delayed by a full month).

On the bright side, all that fuss uncovered a missing use case on AttachedOnEditor: if the attachment node's positions were uninitialised during the OnLoad phase, so the orientation and the size were too! So now AttachedOnEditor is also recovering them.

Last, but not least, I want to make absolutely clear that the development of KSP-Recall fully respects Forum rules, the KSP EULA, USA and Brazil's Legislation - in crescent order of significance. And this will not change. No borderline legal or potentially EULA or Forum policies infringements practices are allowed on KSP-Recall (not because I consider them imoral, but because some few others may consider them ilegal now or in the future) - I'm making every possible effort to be sure KSP-Recall can be legally downloaded and used on all countries on the World (specially the ones with draconian copyright laws as mine).

I'm not anyone's (but my own son) father, tough. I'm not telling you what you should or should not download and use - use your own discretion on deciding what's best for you.

— — — — — 

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching manual installers and users of KSP-AVC first. Right Now.
  • CurseForge. Not too Soon™
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Eventually™

The rationale is to gradually distribute the thing in order to prevent something I could let pass trough to spread too much before being detected.

Edited by Lisias
Tyops! surprised?

• 2 weeks later...

This is more of an FYI for you.  Not sure if this is a TweakScale or a Recall issue, as I updated and rolled them back together.  I was having two main problems after (manually) upgrading them from CKAN's v2.4.6.13 and v0.2.2.3 to v2.4.6.15 and v.0.2.2.4.

1) In the VAB, when I'd grab a subassembly, all of the radially-attached items would be offset several meters toward the VAB open doors from the parts they were attached to.  They maintained a semblance of being in a circle, as though they were just around an invisible copy of the rocket.  In several cases, stack-attached parts were separated vertically by many meters as well.  I should have made some screenshots, but this problem was only an irritant; I recreated the stages and moved on.

2) After launching a mission to attach a new science module to a station, I detached the ship and went to go do a rescue mission on the way back to Kerbin.  I didn't notice at this time that I could no longer save or return to KSC.  After intercepting the victim, I tried to switch craft with ], and found myself back in control of my station.  I was unable to switch back to the ship, not from the menu or with the keys.  I was unable to save, and unable to switch to any other craft.

I figured it was just a transient bug and just killed the game.  Later, I repeated the mission, though I did some polar science gathering on the way, this time.  I made sure to hit quicksave once I hit orbit, just in case.  I noticed the text notification about saving didn't pop up, but I continued on.  After docking the module to the station again, I separated the ship, and this time planned to just re-enter and end the mission here.  While switching to the map to plan this, I found the ship was now just a pod, traveling down, well outside Kerbin's SOI at a surprising surprising 239 million m/s.

In both cases, the console and log was full of ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptions, (excerpt pasted below).

I've since rolled back both mods to the previous versions.  The assembly issue was resolved by that, at least.  I'm about to try this mission again, to see if it's still having that problem.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Kerbin-Station-1 Debris Unloaded 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at KSP_Recall.AttachedOnEditor.AttachedOnEditor.SaveTo (ConfigNode node) [0x000a5] in <efe4553404694f348ee12b5243575982>:0 
  at KSP_Recall.AttachedOnEditor.AttachedOnEditor.OnSave (ConfigNode node) [0x0003e] in <efe4553404694f348ee12b5243575982>:0 
  at PartModule.Save (ConfigNode node) [0x00131] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor (PartModule module) [0x000d2] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel, System.Boolean preCreate) [0x00420] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoVessel..ctor (Vessel VesselRef, System.Boolean preCreate) [0x001e3] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoVessel..ctor (Vessel VesselRef) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at Vessel.Unload () [0x0007a] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at Vessel.Update () [0x0012f] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798> Line: 0)

On 5/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, MgnfcntBstrd said:

This is more of an FYI for you.  Not sure if this is a TweakScale or a Recall issue, as I updated and rolled them back together.  I was having two main problems after (manually) upgrading them from CKAN's v2.4.6.13 and v0.2.2.3 to v2.4.6.15 and v.0.2.2.4.

Looks more as none of them, to tell you the true. On Stock parts (and most add'ons), this doesn't happens.

On a wild guess, I think you may have a similar problem as this one:

Spoiler

Procedural Parts and (IRRC) BlueDogBureau also have similar problems.

Procedural Parts have a fix currently under validation (see this post for a beta release of the patch), but Tantares and BDB are too big for me solving their problems by myself.

In a way or another, for the problem on VAB:

1. It may be related to the first time AttachedOnEditor is run on the part - when it needs to initialise its data structures. However, when this is happens inside Editor, the Editor bug have precedence.
    1. By manually fixing the craft and saving it, things will be fixed forever (unless you uninstall AttachedOnEditor and install it again later, when the process needs to be redone)
  2. It may be related to one of the add'ons I mentioned above (or perhaps a new one?)
    1. I will need a minimal craft where the problem happens and your KSP.log for further inspection.

About your second problem, I think it may be related to installing AttachedOnEditor on a living part - but I remember testing this use case before. So it also may be related to one of that add'ons (or a new one) I mentioned above. I will do a quick test here and edit this post with my findings.

---- POST EDIT ----

NOPE. I had removed AttachedOnEditor DLL (essentially forcing its removal from anything being loaded), fired up a potentially affected vessel into Launchpad directly (to avoid being screwed up by Editor), saved the game and quit it.

Then I restored KSP-Recall integrity, fired up KSP, loaded that save game (what would shove clean, uninitiated AttachedOnEditor modules on everything) and could play it normally.

No misbehaviour found on a Stock only game.

I think it's reasonable to conclude we have a misbehaving add'on on your rig, being it PP, Tantares, BDB or perhaps a new one.

Send me a craft file with the problem and your KSP.log.

Cheers!

— — NOTE TO MY FUTURE SELF — — 

This case was handled on PVT and the case is closed. :)

Edited by Lisias
More Info!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, moron said:

curseforge sint processing the deeplink request and now i cant have KSP load:(

I'm unsure if I understood, but apparently you have a problem with something that was updated during the update.

Do you now how to use dropbox or filefm? I need you to share the KSP.log on some file sharing service so I can inspect it and see what's happening. Don't copy & paste the thingy here on Forum, that file is too big and Forum will choke (and it will truncate ir anyway).

You will find where to fetch the KSP.log on this post (see the Support Spoiler). I copied and pasted the thing here for convenience:

Please provide:

• A concise, textual description of the problem
    • Mentioning the KSP version and the TweakScale version involved
  • A screenshot of the problem
  • When applicable, the .craft file with a vessel that have the problem
  • When asked, the KSP.log and output_txt log from Unity.
    • See this article for instructions.
    • The Player.log changed location:
      • On MacOS
        • For KSP < 1.8, they are on ~/Library/Logs/Unity
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on ~/Library/Logs/Squad/KSP/
      • On Windows
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\KSP\
      • On Linux
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/KSP/
    • Publish the files on DropBox, Google Drive or similar, and post the link so we can inspect it.
      • DO NOT paste the log on Forum, this causes a lot of problems and it's useless, as Forum also truncate the file
        • It's ok to paste small excerpts to pinpoint something, but we still need the full KSP.log and Player.log in order to help you/
      • Do not use pastebin, gist or similars. They have a pretty small cap on the file size, and will truncate the log rendering yet more useless
    • Imgur is a good choice for publishing screenshots when needed.

Using the Issue Tracker is highly encouraged, as GitHub provides services that make everything above easier. You can open an issue there, and call me here pinpointing there to be sure to get my attention.

Thank you.

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.3.0.0 is on the Wild, featuring:

• Prevents a race condition with Making History on Main Menu on heavily loaded rigs. 
  • Updates ModuleManagerWatchDog to 1.1.0.1
  • Updates KSPe.Light.Recall to 2.4.1.16 due the Proton fix.
  • Closes issues:
    • #45 Move the Sanity Checks) out of the Main Menu startup

Additionally, it accumulates the updates from release 0.2.2.4 (unpublished on Forum):

• Closes issues:
    • #41 Investigate a possible (bad) iteraction with Procedural Parts (RO) V2.3.0
    • #40 Unhappy interaction with Deep Freeze?
    • #37 Check about a missing use-case on AttachedOnEditor
    • #21 Update KSPe.Light for KSPe

— — — — — 

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching manual installers and users of KSP-AVC first. Right Now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). As soon as I manage time to test the thing on multiple 3rd Parties Add'ons as agreed here.

—— — — — 

I found a workaround for upgrading the SubAssemblies!!!!

Use Craft Manager to load the SubAssemblies as they were Crafts, then drag and drop the thing back as a new SubAssembly! 

157281034-ded72f5a-e653-46a4-bcc2-a410cc

Edited by Lisias
CurseForge is online.

Hi !

I'm here to report a bug :

As of today when I try to switch vessel / quicksave / go to tracking station or space center, the transition "seem" to appear: The kerbals at the bottom right disappear, delta V readout disappears too, but I'm still in control of the craft.

I have tried on many vessels, some having tweakscaled parts, some having none, and the results are the same. Alt F4 seems to be the only way out.

Since KSP Recall is the only mod I have that was updated recently I assumed it was related and came here to find a similar problem occured to another person ( MgnfcntBstrd reported the same thing earlier in the conversation ( May 28).

My versions KSP 1.12.3.3173 ,  CKAN v1.30.4

Here's my mod list, and the logs if you need them: 

Mod list : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p0EVeyseIaGLPUGbrCUGGrYQ9VkOovtl/view?usp=sharing

Output log https://drive.google.com/file/d/12CizenS-vKaSEp_arOMosZ6qzSUk0hCO/view?usp=sharing

Player : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WyA4vBWPF22XsZ0KDAnmuXstv7JDFb4b/view?usp=sharing

If you need any more info, I didnt include screenshots or craft since it's pretty much self explanatory and seems to affect every craft but hey, if I missed something let me know !

Many thanks for all your hard work, and have a great day.

Edited by Merkurokrom

Hey!

I just wanted to let you know that I was experiencing the same issue user MgnfcntBstrd was experiencing with their craft where the Pause Menu buttons stopped working due to an Argument out of bounds after upgrading to 2.2.4 on Ckan. Restarting the game multiple times showed no solution. The bug itself appeared after right clicking on the cargo part of the Starship Expansion Project, renaming it and trying to go back to the Tracking Station/Space Center, which I was not able to do. I was also not able to quit to main menu but settings and resume game buttons worked perfectly fine. Other menu buttons or part were not tested. The bug presented itself on a craft with the following mods present:

-Starship Expansion Project

-Cryogenic Engines

-Near Future Solar

-Restock

I'm running a heavily modded game so there could be something else that is causing the issue. After rolling back to 2.2.3 the bug was fixed. I can provide logs and screenshots if you want to look into it but since rolling back fixed it for me I don't know if that would be necessary.

4 hours ago, arkaik said:

Hey!

I just wanted to let you know that I was experiencing the same issue user MgnfcntBstrd […] The bug presented itself on a craft with the following mods present:

-Starship Expansion Project

-Cryogenic Engines

-Near Future Solar

-Restock

The bug reported by MgnfcntBstrd was related to Procedural Parts. In a nutshell, every part must have some data available on the Config when a thingy called PartModule calls the Load Method. One of these data are the Attachment Nodes, and without the attachment nodes, KSP doesn't knows how to slap parts together.

Some part sets, however, don't follow this protocol, and they update these data at runtime after the PartModule calls the Load, and by this time, it's too late for some situations (as KSP-Recall that needs that data available on the OnLoad!!!).

So I made a patch for PP (you can see it here) that would scavenge the needed data from other sections of the file and build the attachment nodes myself, so the information could be available at OnLoad for Recall.

And this solved the problem, what means that I was right.

I'm guessing that some part on your rig have the same problem.

In order to check for it, I will need your KSP.log and also the ModuleManager.configcache. The information I need are there - I'm currently out of time to do exploratory tests by myself (day job is bitting!), so the fastest way for diagnosing the problem is by looking into your files.

2 hours ago, GoAHead said:

yes i experience the same bug as described by @Merkurokrom . i reverted back to the prev. version and now it works again

I'm guessing this is the same problem again. Can you send me your KSP.log and ModuleManager.configcache?

8 hours ago, Merkurokrom said:

Hi !

I'm here to report a bug :

As of today when I try to switch vessel / quicksave / go to tracking station or space center, the transition "seem" to appear: The kerbals at the bottom right disappear, delta V readout disappears too, but I'm still in control of the craft.

Oukey…. We have a bug-fest around here. Can you send me the ModuleManager.ConfigCache too? With three different people complaining about the same problem, having the 3 different ConfigCache will help me to detect coincidences, and it will make my life sensibly easier!

Edited by Lisias
Grammars. Don't you hate this thing?

OK, I eventually found this and am already kerbicidal.

As far as I am concerned you are all geniuses and I am a noob and a rube. 

No need to reply and i know I'll probably break a rule, But the same as above is happening to me and i just wanna CRY!

1 hour ago, Robhar174 said:

OK, I eventually found this and am already kerbicidal.

As far as I am concerned you are all geniuses and I am a noob and a rube. 

No need to reply and i know I'll probably break a rule, But the same as above is happening to me and i just wanna CRY!

Hey mate, relax. You can still play.

If you don't know how to revert to the previous version, it's actually very easy.

-In CKAN select KSP Recall

-Bottom Right Tab, go into version

-Select the previous one, v0.2.2.3

-Apply the changes and enjoy the game :)

2 hours ago, Merkurokrom said:

Hey mate, relax. You can still play.

If you don't know how to revert to the previous version, it's actually very easy.

-In CKAN select KSP Recall

-Bottom Right Tab, go into version

-Select the previous one, v0.2.2.3

-Apply the changes and enjoy the game :)

Relaxing!!...And it worked.

Thanks Champ

5 hours ago, Robhar174 said:

Please send me your KSP.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache. No need to reinstall the newer Recall, as I already know what to look and I don't need the problem happening anymore.

@Merkurokrom, @GoAHead, @Poppa Wheelie

Thank you for your KSP.logs. Inspecting them, I did a cross check on them and realised you 3 have the following DLLs in common:

(EDIT: these DLLs are innocent. The problem apparently is not related to code, see this post).

Spoiler
Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0 / v2.4.6.15
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.10.17
ToolbarControl v0.1.9.6
CCK v5.1.0.0 / v5.1.0.0 for KSP v1
EasyVesselSwitch v2.3.7852.41352 / v2.3 for KSP v1.11+
KSPDev_Utils.2.6-EVS v2.6.0.0 / v2.6 for KSP v1 - EVS build
Atmosphere v1.11.6.1
CelestialShadows v1.11.6.1
CityLights v1.11.6.1
EVEManager v1.11.6.1
PartFX v1.11.6.1				<--- Suspicious?
PQSManager v1.11.6.1
ShaderLoader v1.11.6.1
Terrain v1.11.6.1
TextureConfig v1.11.6.1
Utils v1.11.6.1
_BuildManager v1.11.6.1
KAS-API-v2 v2.0.7239.35367 / vKAS API v2
KAS v1.11.8189.42072 / v1.11 for KSP v1
KSPDev_Utils.2.7 v2.7.0.0 / v2.7 for KSP v1
KerbalEngineer.Unity v1.0.0.0
KerbalEngineer v1.1.9.0
KSPDev_Utils.2.6 v2.6.7847.1936 / v2.6 for KSP v1
KSP_ColorPicker v1.1.0.4
KSP_PartHighlighter v1.1.0.10
SpaceTuxUtility v1.0.1.3
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Trajectories v2.4.3.0
KSPe.Light.TweakScale v2.4.1.15
Scale v2.4.6.15
KSP-AVC v0.0.0.1
ZeroMiniAVC v1.1.2.4

Since all of you have exactly the same symptom on the same place happening the same way, It's reasonable to conclude that all of you have exactly the same problem - coincidences do happen, but it's usually faster to priorize the hypothesis by statistics, and 3 dudes with the exact same symptom should have something in common (besides KSP-Recall, of course).

DLLs are how we shove new features on KSP, so it's a sure thing the problem is on one of them (on some of the Recall ones, at very least!!).

Moreover, since the problem is happening on the PartModule.OnSave, it's reasonable that the problem is caused by something that implements PartModule. Problem, none of the DLLs I recognised above deals with PartModule. So I need to hunt the ones I didn't recognised (I highlight one of them above - but only because there's "Part" on the name! :P ).[edit: this was a wild guess, and I lose the bet. The problem apparently is completely different!!] 

So, in a nutshell, currently I'm trying to reproduce the problem on a minimal installment where the above DLLs are present. I think I will fail, I'm not feeling any "smell" coming from these DLLs, I'm checking them just to have something to do while I think on the problem, to tell you the true.

In the mean time, there's the obvious possibility that I had screwed up something on AttachedOnEditor itself.

Problem: 0.2.2.4 is on the wild for a Month already, I'm using it on all my testbeds and "production" savegames and I didn't got any problems - so, assuming the problem is on it, it  must be some use case I didn't implemented (or did it wrongly), something that I don't usually do, but you guys probably did.

So we will need to find, also, differences on the way we play the game or something similar. One thing that came to my mind is that most of the time, I'm testing something and 80% of my savegames are disposable, almost none of them have old crafts using older versions of anything that suddenly had to be updated (and AttachedOnEditor changed a bit on 0.2.2.4 - and it's the reason I wrote a migration toon on it!). But the other 20% of that savegames have some older crafts flying around, and I didn't experienced any problems on it when I installed 0.2.2.4 . 

In all the 3 cases, the problem happened on Flight Scene, by the way - a situation where crafts made and instantiated using Recall 0.2.2.3 were suddenly ressurrected using 0.2.2.4, exactly the situation that I tested the few (about 20% - if any - of my test beds have long running savegames for obvious reasons).

So, while I take care of business on Day Job, something that would help me a lot is a savegame (the smaller, the best) where things works fine on 0.2.2.3 and go down trough the tubes on 0.2.2.4 . Having a concrete savegame with this happening will help me to see the problem happening under my nose. Right now I'm trying to do exactly that, create a situation in which the problem will happen but this is being too much time consuming (and I had that day job to cope).

If any one of you guys could create a new savegame, do something on it and after kicking the thing into space, restart KSP with 0.2.2.4 and the problem happens, please send me that savegame so I can see inside the guts and have a direct view of the mishap!

Thanks!

Edited by Lisias
redacted some thesis that proved wrong.

I've experienced similar problems in 0.2.2.4 - both the inability to save and dysfunctional pause menu. I regret I can't provide logs right now, but I'm posting since it seems worth mentioning I do _not_ have the PartFX dll mentioned. The string "PartFX" does not appear in my KSP.log and I have no file whose name matches "PartFX" in GameData.

Steps Taken:

1. Revert KSP Recall in CKAN to v0.2.2.3
  2. Launch Game with CKAN
  3. Start game > Resume Saved >  [Selected Career Save]
  4. Load this save:
    1. LOADMETA file
    2. SFS file
  5. Test
    1. Escape, Save Game... (to create a new named save):  successful
    2. Reload the same save, then Escape, Space Center:  successful
    3. Reload the same save, then Escape, Tracking Center:  successful
    4. Reload the same save, then Escape, Quit to Main Menu:  successful
  6. Quit the game, all the way out
  7. Update KSP Recall in CKAN to v0.2.2.4
  8. Launch the Game with CKAN
  9. Start game > Resume Saved >  [Selected Career Save]
  10. Load the same save as step 4
  11. Test
    1. Escape, Save Game... (to create a new named save):  Unsuccessful.  The Quicksave As... window to specify a filename for the save appears, but upon hitting the Save button the game freezes.  Another Escape and we're back in the game, clock running again, etc.
    2. Escape, Space Center:  Unsuccessful.  Game is frozen.  Escape unfreezes and we're back in the game
    3. Escape, Tracking Center:  Unsuccessful.  Same as for Space Center
    4. Escape, Quit to Main Menu:  Unsuccessful.  I get the intermediate window asking if I'm sure that I want to Exit to the Main Menu, but upon hitting Exit to Main Menu from here the game freezes.  Escape unfreezes, and we're back in the game.  but the only way to quit the game is with Task Manager (Windows 11).  This is what I did at this point:  quit the game with Task Manager

Do you need new logs or ModuleManager.ConfigCache?