[Min KSP 1.11] Mk-33: X-33-inspired parts for KSP!

Angelo Kerman

Looks like I've accidently deleted my prev. comment while editing it. I'm sorry. I'm new for this topic.

So I've installed this great mod. The only other mod i have is MJ2. Still I can't load the craft files because some parts (wings and aft fuel tank) are missing, Please help me understand wha'ts wrong. The .cfgs of missing parts are in the folder.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 1:26 AM, Angelo Kerman said:

Clever take on the Mk-33! :)

The payload crane is intended to be a separate craft. You don't attach it to anything. Instead, you attach the crane wheels to it and drive it around to a spot where you can wheel payloads out to it.  Then you attach some KAS winches to the moving part of the crane, and use it to hoist payloads into the bay. Here's an example:

GqMA6aV.png

MT8ikfF.png

The Mk-33 is designed so that you dock to the crane (there is a specialized robotic front piece that you attach docking ports to):

pLovySs.png

kvSIo0d.png

Similarly, the Mk-33 launchpad and strongback also dock to the Mk-33. Using DockRotate, you can rotate the Mk-33 vertical for launch after you dock it to the strongback:

ByKhWE3.png

VebfxRJ.png

BOzQvqI.png

For me, loading payloads into the Mk-33, rolling it out to the pad, and launching it is a matter of routine in my Commercial Space Ventures mission report, but not everybody wants to do that, so I included a more traditional launch platform with the mod.

s5vEAi2.png

Not at this time. I think that stock parts can approximate that design fairly well.

Do you have any tips for operating the strongback? The mk-33 and strongback just wobble like crazy when I try to rotate them vertical.

26 minutes ago, Ultim32 said:

Do you have any tips for operating the strongback? The mk-33 and strongback just wobble like crazy when I try to rotate them vertical.

I have been using this mod forever and have never tried using the payload/crane parts - interested in your results!

Did you try the thing mentioned in the OP, the counterweight slider?

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have been using this mod forever and have never tried using the payload/crane parts - interested in your results!

Did you try the thing mentioned in the OP, the counterweight slider?

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I have the counterweight completely filled. I also tried to turn on 'same vessel interaction' on all of the Mk-33 parts, but they started to wobble like crazy, so I turned off that option on everything except the strongback.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi - I'm running the most recent patch, and I can't seem to right click to interact with either of the engines.  Is there a certain dependency they have?  Also, DeltaV stats aren't showing for them (and they don't show up in the list of activate-able things on the bottom right in the VAB.)  They do seem to fire when I do a launch however.

Everything else seems to function OK. 

Thanks

EDIT:  Curiously I can select the Tyranosaurus Aerospike on the launch pad.  The other Aerospike engine (the mk33 one) seems to be right-clickable in the SPH, but not the VAB.

Edited by Saybur Stuff

16 hours ago, Terran R said:
what versions is it available for?

1.11 up to current versions should be fine.

15 hours ago, Saybur Stuff said:

Hi - I'm running the most recent patch, and I can't seem to right click to interact with either of the engines.  Is there a certain dependency they have?  Also, DeltaV stats aren't showing for them (and they don't show up in the list of activate-able things on the bottom right in the VAB.)  They do seem to fire when I do a launch however.

Everything else seems to function OK. 

Thanks

EDIT:  Curiously I can select the Tyranosaurus Aerospike on the launch pad.  The other Aerospike engine (the mk33 one) seems to be right-clickable in the SPH, but not the VAB.

None of that is happening for me, maybe try a clean download and install of the mod? It should run without any dependencies. Your KSP.log would be needed to diagnose anything if it persists.

6 hours ago, Rodger said:

1.11 up to current versions should be fine.

None of that is happening for me, maybe try a clean download and install of the mod? It should run without any dependencies. Your KSP.log would be needed to diagnose anything if it persists.

Interesting - I had a previous install and I did a delete/upgrade for it. I'll try deleting, starting up, shutting down, reinstall and report back!

EDIT: 

Same issue sadly. I think my game version might be too old?  1.9.1.2788 x64  

The previous versions of Mk33 worked just fine  - maybe there's new stuff that makes it incompatible?   Any ideas if this is something that can be fixed by deleting a version number, or is it actually incompatible?  Thanks :)

Edited by Saybur Stuff

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2023 at 5:34 AM, Terran R said:
Some parts really aren't showing up for me, like some stabilizers, does it depend on the version?

It's hard to help diagnose anything without a log. Upload your KSP.log file (found in the same folder as KSP, zipped if it's big) to google drive or something, and I can have a look. If you aren't using at least 1.11, the minimum supported version, it may be the cause. Also make sure you have ModuleManager installed.

Edited by Rodger

15 minutes ago, Terran R said:
Thanks, I realized that I didn't have the module manager installed, so I installed it and solved this problem.

Glad you fixed your issue.   In the future keep in mind that large obnoxious fonts won’t get your question answered any sooner.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...