[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

11 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

I noticed this as well, I originally thought this is because of how the distribution is but there may be another issue with that.

I changed the distribution to 200km and above, testwise. Same result. Maybe some other parameter/variable has to be set?

@Nertea Can you help with you expertese? We've got the situation that a spacedust ressource band of graviolium is being harvested correctly, shown in the spacedust ressource panel correctly but not shown in the particle location animation in the map view. Which parameter has to be set addionally?

Edited by Rakete

Sooo... I hauled this bad boy to kerbins SOI and hope, that I holds more graviolium than last time... Last time I only got 15 units out of such a big beast.

See the "little" ship? This rock is huge! It's my biggest asteroid tug so far, powered by a nasty nuclear salt water rocket. And only does an accerleration of 1 m/s² to this big chunk of ... rock. This rock is named "Heru'ur". A potential planetary killer.

5ibYYDP.png

Edited by Rakete

3 hours ago, Rakete said:

Sooo... I hauled this bad boy to kerbins SOI and hope, that I holds more graviolium than last time... Last time I only got 15 units out of such a big beast.

See the "little" ship? This rock is huge! It's my biggest asteroid tug so far, powered by a nasty nuclear salt water rocket. And only does an accerleration of 1 m/s² to this big chunk of ... rock. This rock is named "Heru'ur". A potential planetary killer.

Here be Heru'ur.  Who 'er gonna save us from horrible Heru'ur.

So.. I ask because I'm unsure with the mods you have.  Is the surface resource scanner unable to tell you the constituents of that entirely dainty rock?
I don't have FFT or the like installed - just Blueshift and KFS.  The resource scanner is a great tool for figuring if an asteroid is worthwhile - after I grab it.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

6 hours ago, Grimmas said:

I noticed this as well, I originally thought this is because of how the distribution is but there may be another issue with that.

@Rakete Another thing that I found was that graviolium is in such low quantities (relative to the distances you would find a band of it around a star) in the bands that you REALLY need to crank up the countScale in the spacedust definition (similar to antimatter definitions). Like 200+ for "normal" amounts.
For GU's Seirios A star for SDU I have:

countScale = 1000

Otherwise they are so incredibly faint that they will just not show.

Planets and moons that have it as a band will show it fine at normal levels due to the band being significantly smaller (countScale of 2 shown here at this planet)

Spoiler

B4nxvk9.png

Edited by Vexxel

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Graviolium is intended to be rare, but you can find it on Eve and Dres, in asteroids, and- if you can find one- magic boulders.

Dres? Does that planet exist?! :cool::D

19 hours ago, Vexxel said:

@Rakete Another thing that I found was that graviolium is in such low quantities (relative to the distances you would find a band of it around a star) in the bands that you REALLY need to crank up the countScale in the spacedust definition (similar to antimatter definitions). Like 200+ for "normal" amounts.
For GU's Seirios A star for SDU I have:

countScale = 1000

Otherwise they are so incredibly faint that they will just not show.

Planets and moons that have it as a band will show it fine at normal levels due to the band being significantly smaller (countScale of 2 shown here at this planet)

Reveal hidden contents

B4nxvk9.png

Can you add this to @Grimmas pull request to make it complete? Where has this to be added?

@Grimmas: May i suggest an increase of the abundance values in your pull request. (e.g. around Jool or the sun) by factor 500 to 2000 ? Otherwise you spend whole kerbal centuries filling a 1500 Gravi-tank.

Edited by Rakete

12 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

patches for SpaceDust. It isn't a mod that I normally use, and don't really know much about it.

Ah I highly recommend the Near- and Far Future Mods including Spacedust for your personal entertainment. Is really gives KSP new play loops. 

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Dres? Does that planet exist?! :cool::D

Can you add this to @Grimmas pull request to make it complete? Where has this to be added?

@Grimmas: May i suggest an increase of the abundance values in your pull request. (e.g. around Jool or the sun) by factor 500 to 2000 ? Otherwise you spend whole kerbal centuries filling a 1500 Gravi-tank.

I'll take a look at this later on as well as what Vexxel said about the display bug. 

@Vexxel where has this count scale to be inserted? In the definition of a band? Does this only affect visualization or does it also influence the harvesting, so that it needs to be considered when changing abundancies in order to adjust the harvesting speed? 

@Grimmas I somehow wonder, if it might make sense to provide a instrument for the Spacedust telescope to search for particles. But I don't know how to set it up. What do you think?

Edited by Rakete

14 minutes ago, Rakete said:

@Vexxel where has this count scale to be inserted? In the definition of a band? Does this only affect visualization or does it also influence the harvesting, so that it needs to be considered when changing abundancies in order to adjust the harvesting speed? 

@Grimmas I somehow wonder, if it might make sense to provide a instrument for the Spacedust telescope to search for particles. But I don't know how to set it up. What do you think?

Check the latest Blueshift, I set up the SpaceDust scanners and atmospheric harvesters. Stardust in KFS is about to be updated to support SpaceDust too.

21 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Here be Heru'ur.  Who 'er gonna save us from horrible Heru'ur.

So.. I ask because I'm unsure with the mods you have.  Is the surface resource scanner unable to tell you the constituents of that entirely dainty rock?
I don't have FFT or the like installed - just Blueshift and KFS.  The resource scanner is a great tool for figuring if an asteroid is worthwhile - after I grab it.

Indeed it was. It showed no value for the gravi content. You mean the rotating stock thing, right? The mods I have don't change anything about the stock sensors, as they come with their own parts. I use nearly the full cabinet of nertea's Mods (except restock and some stuff that do not meet my playstyle e.g. the communication reflector thing). All other mods are only benjee10's planetside (because the come with nice wind turbines) and visual stuff (EVE redux, Spectra and Waterfall)

13 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Check the latest Blueshift, I set up the SpaceDust scanners and atmospheric harvesters. Stardust in KFS is about to be updated to support SpaceDust too.

Yeah, but as far as I can see, the the fix for the visualization was not in Grimmas' Pullrequest yesterday. Did you add Vexxel's correction for the spacedust display issue already?

My suggest in the last post targeted the question if it would be a nice Idea to add an instrument for spacedusts telescope, which can detect ressources from remote distances. In spacedust, you can watch a planet with a telescope for several weeks and get to know, what ressources are there in its orbit. Therefore the telescope has two instrument slots which can be equiped with specialized sensors (e.g. for oxidizer, LH2, and so on. ) i thought an instrument for said telescope would be a nice additional idea. But it is just a thought.

Edited by Rakete

11 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Awesome. Looks like there's nothing left for me to do now :)

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Indeed it was. It showed no value for the gravi content. You mean the rotating stock thing, right? The mods I have don't change anything about the stock sensors, as they come with their own parts. I use nearly the full cabinet of nertea's Mods (except restock and some stuff that do not meet my playstyle e.g. the communication reflector thing). All other mods are only benjee10's planetside (because the come with nice wind turbines) and visual stuff (EVE redux, Spectra and Waterfall)

I think you are referring to the M4435 Narrowband Scanner.  I am referring to the Surface Scanning Module it's a stock part and gives fine grain information on resources but you have to be on the surface or attached to an asteroid.  With Blueshift installed, it will detect graviolium

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Blueshift 1.7.7 is now available:

- Fixed issue where Auto-Circularization wouldn't respect the minimum altitude required to warp.
- Updated SpaceDust configs- thanks for the assist, @Grimmas! :)
- Graviolium now has an exceptionally small amount of mass to support SpaceDust- thanks @Vexxel! :)

Huh.. I'm 4 versions behind already.  Kind of, but not really, sad to lose the disrespectful auto-circularization.  Gotta have the respect

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Yeah, but as far as I can see, the the fix for the visualization was not in Grimmas' Pullrequest yesterday. Did you add Vexxel's correction for the spacedust display issue already?

My suggest in the last post targeted the question if it would be a nice Idea to add an instrument for spacedusts telescope, which can detect ressources from remote distances. In spacedust, you can watch a planet with a telescope for several weeks and get to know, what ressources are there in its orbit. Therefore the telescope has two instrument slots which can be equiped with specialized sensors (e.g. for oxidizer, LH2, and so on. ) i thought an instrument for said telescope would be a nice additional idea. But it is just a thought.

Again, please check the latest release. I did that already. The only thing that isn't there is the updated particle count. I don't know how to do that currently.

@Angel-125 Can't currently make a pull request, but the particle count is changed in each RESOURCEBAND node of the SPACEDUST_RESOURCE node like so:

RESOURCEBAND
{
	//name stuff here, abundance etc

//integer starting at 1
	countScale = 100
	//float default 1.0
	rotateRate = 0.5

//altitudes, latitudes
}

It's kinda hard to judge what to use for the countScale because it heavily depends on amounts of the resource in the band and just how big of a radius each band goes out to. Most of the stars containing Graviolium I gave like 1000-2000, and the planets got about 5-20.

rotateRate isn't really necessary to mess with but if you don't slow it down on huge bodies the particles will go screaming by in the map view. I think it's kinda thematic for Graviolium to be hyper fast though for some reason so all the ones I made were pretty fast.

Edited by Vexxel

2 hours ago, Vexxel said:

@Angel-125 Can't currently make a pull request, but the particle count is changed in each RESOURCEBAND node of the SPACEDUST_RESOURCE node like so:

RESOURCEBAND
{
	//name stuff here, abundance etc

//integer starting at 1
	countScale = 100
	//float starting at 1.0
	rotateRate = 0.5

//altitudes, latitudes
}

It's kinda hard to judge what to use for the countScale because it heavily depends on amounts of the resource in the band and just how big of a radius each band goes out to. Most of the stars containing Graviolium I gave like 1000-2000, and the planets got about 5-20.

rotateRate isn't really necessary to mess with but if you don't slow it down on huge bodies the particles will go screaming by in the map view. I think it's kinda thematic for Graviolium to be hyper fast though for some reason so all the ones I made were pretty fast.

Thanks, I will play with that and make a new patch. I need to fix some MM errors anyway 

On 5/11/2022 at 11:58 PM, Angel-125 said:

Again, please check the latest release.

@Angel-125

Kj1SGu6.png

This time MM tells, that there is something wrong with the Spacedust patch. Can't say what.

Also this happens since the 1.7.7 Release:

vMhVTeW.png

Something is wrong with this Blueshiftrelease ;-).

Nothing changed in my install except I switched from BS 1.7.6 to 1.7.7

Logfile here: https://www.filemail.com/d/kwscdycmoelqbuh

I had to delete the spacedust patch. Otherwise KSP crashes on startup.

Edited by Rakete

13 minutes ago, Rakete said:

@Angel-125

This time MM tells, that there is something wrong with the Spacedust patch. Can't say what.

Also this happens since the 1.7.7 Release:

Something is wrong with this Blueshiftrelease ;-).

Nothing changed in my install except I switched from BS 1.7.6 to 1.7.7

Logfile here: https://www.filemail.com/d/kwscdycmoelqbuh

I have a pre-release of the next Blueshift update here. It is not done yet, but the SpaceDust patch seems to be working. If you have KFS, then you'll need the latest update too.

I'm currently working on a new part for Blueshift that will let you collect graviolium particles in space. It will work with the stock resource harvester part modules as well as with SpaceDust. This is an early work in progress of the Type B variant of the part and its proposed use:

B4ojnWN.png

33 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I have a pre-release of the next Blueshift update here. It is not done yet, but the SpaceDust patch seems to be working. If you have KFS, then you'll need the latest update too.

I'm currently working on a new part for Blueshift that will let you collect graviolium particles in space. It will work with the stock resource harvester part modules as well as with SpaceDust. This is an early work in progress of the Type B variant of the part and its proposed use:

B4ojnWN.png

Looks nice. Love the startrek-ish look! Great !!!

@Angel-125

Tested the prerelease Spacedust patch. Here are my results:

• No Error on loading
  • Graviolium detection via local detector works
  • Graviolium harvesting via FFT PK-Exo "Bussard"-Particle Scoop is broken: It fills two big 1500-units-gravi tanks instaneously. (tested at AP/PE 360km).
  • Graviolium detection via PT-EDW1N Spectral Telescope from FFT from remote distances works.

// No KFS installed

Edited by Rakete

56 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Looks nice. Love the startrek-ish look! Great !!!

@Angel-125

Tested the prerelease Spacedust patch. Here are my results:

• No Error on loading
  • Graviolium detection via local detector works
  • Graviolium harvesting via FFT PK-Exo "Bussard"-Particle Scoop is broken: It fills two big 1500-units-gravi tanks instaneously. (tested at AP/PE 360km).
  • Graviolium detection via Telescope from remote distances works.

// No KFS installed

Where did you do your testing? What planet?