• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Xelo said:

Apparently gurdamma has a second moon that briefly flashes its name in one of the episodes called Gop. :0

An interesting video, but I wouldn't take anything not explicitly stated by the developers overly seriously. Most of the footage being analysed here are from test builds inserted into the background of videos, essentially as a flavour of the development process, not gameplay of a final build. For example, maybe Gurdamma will have a moon called Gop, maybe it won't, I don't know, but its velocity of "9999" and its altitude of "9999999999" suggests to me that any information from that clip can't really be relied upon.

43 minutes ago, Ashandalar said:

but its velocity of "9999" and its altitude of "9999999999" suggests to me that any information from that clip can't really be relied upon.

It's possible that the developers were just using this orbit temporarily. Maybe finalizing the orbit is one of the last steps in the creation of a celestial body for KSP 2.

Just now, wpetula said:

It's possible that the developers were just using this orbit temporarily. Maybe finalizing the orbit is one of the last steps in the creation of a celestial body for KSP 2.

Yes, I agree that is possible. It's also possible that it was just a placeholder / test object that's long been removed from the game, or maybe it's a transitory asteroid with a procedural name, or any number of other scenarios. Until the developers tell us, or the interstellar update is released, we don't know which of these scenarios is the case.

49 minutes ago, Ashandalar said:

I wouldn't take anything not explicitly stated by the developers overly seriously.

Which is exactly why I created this thread. Speculate all you want but nothing that didn't come from the developer's mouth or writing, will appear in the repo.

On 11/9/2022 at 2:05 PM, Nazalassa said:

Today's weird thing: their hand (their mouse pointer) has four fingers. Not five.
Interesting.

I wonder if it supposed to look like a Kerbal hand now?

I just checked, Kerbals only have 4 fingers.

Edited by Ryaja

20 hours ago, Xelo said:

Apparently gurdamma has a second moon that briefly flashes its name in one of the episodes called Gop. :0

I noticed Gop quite awhile ago, probably a "proto minmus" of some sort. 

As for the end of the video I think that the SOI's of the moon system he found were too large to actually be connected by gravity (also the symbols involved were something not used on planets). I think that this could be the new star system map and the bubbles were the new stars SOI's. I noticed that there were four bubbles though which could be a fatal flaw in the theory. But the third one could just be Kerbol and the fourth could just be another system which is either kept secret and planned for later or cancelled.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the question is

What happens to this place on February 24? 

I mean, there is little point of showing what's already in, this is not meant to be a wiki of any kind (unless people want to use the pictures n stuff to make a wiki). So keeping only what's still on the roadmap?

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

So the question is

I mean, there is little point of showing what's already in, this is not meant to be a wiki of any kind (unless people want to use the pictures n stuff to make a wiki). So keeping only what's still on the roadmap?

No point in deleting it. Just keep all of it. Add relevant data when it comes out and when 1.0 comes out, lock the thread. 

36 minutes ago, GoldForest said:
2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

So the question is

No point in deleting it. Just keep all of it. Add relevant data when it comes out and when 1.0 comes out, lock the thread. 

+1 for it being the basis of the new KSP 2 Wikipedia.

Edited by Vl3d

• 3 weeks later...

CM Dakota (the new one) said that the screenshots we've been seeing as of late are potentially months old. I suppose we can assume that even the early "Beta Gameplay" stuff is at most ~6 months old. Lots of changes happen in between each screenshot, so only time and early reviews will tell what the game really looks and feels like. 

I also told Dakota goodnight and he replied with "gangnam," so I'm a little scared. 

Edited by Domonian

1 hour ago, Domonian said:

CM Dakota (the new one) said that the screenshots we've been seeing as of late are potentially months old. I suppose we can assume that even the early "Beta Gameplay" stuff is at most ~6 months old. Lots of changes happen in between each screenshot, so only time and early reviews will tell what the game really looks and feels like. 

I also told Dakota goodnight and he replied with "gangnam," so I'm a little scared. 

Beta keys went out 6 months ago, so I'm not surprised that the images we're seeing are old. 

Confirmed by SteamDB:

Mercury for Beta Testing (SubID 311459) · SteamDB

1 hour ago, Missingno200 said:

Hey, do we have a list of things that has been added to the scope since the original announcement of "interstellar, colonies, and multiplayer?"

Not really. KSP 2 is still aimming for the same scope as before, just on a grander scale.