Cat Picture Thread!

Spaceman.Spiff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not a picture but a video. Finally an on topic reason to talk about cats in a spaceflight themed forum.

https://x.com/nasa/status/1736900843813605759?s=46&t=Jd73T2beq0JLNtwTy1uR5A

First laser transmitted ultra HD video from space (that is, sent through the space based laser comms test bed) is of a cat.

3 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

talk about cats in a spaceflight

Speaking about minorities in space, canines (Laika) actually beat simians into space, if I have my facts neatly marshaled?

But about space-faring felines, I know next to nothing.  Why not and, why, for example, has not a Bengal Tiger or, for that matter, a regular puddy-tat  not entered orbit, hmm?

Frankly, I am appalled.  Our priorities are all kinked, it seems...

Oh, wait!  I might have taken a comment out of context...?

This one, Commander Busby, has already done some capsule training:

Sa4IBot.jpg 

Edited by Hotel26

10 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

Speaking about minorities in space, canines (Laika) actually beat simians into space, if I have my facts neatly marshaled?

But about space-faring felines, I know next to nothing.  Why not and, why, for example, has not a Bengal Tiger or, for that matter, a regular puddy-tat  not entered orbit, hmm?

Funny you say this: First cat in space: how a Parisian stray called Félicette was blasted far from Earth

960.jpg?width=620&dpr=2&s=none

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
Added image

Félicette was euthanized two months after the launch so that scientists could perform a necropsy to examine her brain.

What were these sadists going to find in her brain after just a several minute long flight?

Disgusting and unforgivable.

More unforgivable is that the CERMA has killed several more cats in similar way.

• 1 month later...

Train will be delayed again
Cat-vs-Garden-Train.png
Don't worry you get way larger cats, not elephant but Godzilla sized ones. 

zxlkhymmhfx81.png
Cat-Osaka-1.jpeg
For some reason its lots of images and videos about model railways with cats in them. 

Will use this explaining why train is late next time it is who is probably tomorrow. 

And it looks like its an nice backstory for this 
https://sophianews.com/2022/02/man-saves-family-of-stray-cats-stray-cats-save-his-restaurant/
Not the first image as its an much larger scale model train who makes the cat only elephant sized.  

Edited by magnemoe

4 hours ago, magnemoe said:

I bought a model train set recently. I'm still working on some stuff to display around it (also in N Scale) but I'll have to post pictures here if my cat attacks it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 1:01 PM, magnemoe said:

Cat-vs-Garden-Train.png
Don't worry you get way larger cats, not elephant but Godzilla sized ones. 

zxlkhymmhfx81.png
Cat-Osaka-1.jpeg
For some reason its lots of images and videos about model railways with cats in them. 

Will use this explaining why train is late next time it is who is probably tomorrow. 

And it looks like its an nice backstory for this 
https://sophianews.com/2022/02/man-saves-family-of-stray-cats-stray-cats-save-his-restaurant/
Not the first image as its an much larger scale model train who makes the cat only elephant sized.  

there are entire youtube channels dedicated to this.