(Probable spoilers) The Star Wars serials thread, aka The KenoBobaMandaloriAhsokAndor thread

StrandedonEarth

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Nope, still wrong.    Mary Winstead is miscast as General Syndualla.  Dawson is doing great, carries the veritas that character requires.

16 year olds apparently look different where you come from then. Or when you come from, if your impression is based on memories.

General Solo was likely around the same age as her, based on Solo being in his 20s around Solo the movie (10 years after Order 66) and Hera being 10 around Order 66 in The Bad Batch. She was already a general at the time of Rogue One/Ep. IV.

I wasn’t referring to Dawson btw. I assume you haven’t gotten to that part yet?

Something about ahsoka ep 8 just felt wholly unsatisfying. I hope if season 2 happens, its a lot better than this. It as a whole felt disconnected. As if they all couldnt be bothered to do more than phone it in. I mean discount elon thrawn and wanna be tuskans? Meh

12 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

Something about ahsoka ep 8 just felt wholly unsatisfying. I hope if season 2 happens, its a lot better than this. It as a whole felt disconnected. As if they all couldnt be bothered to do more than phone it in. I mean discount elon thrawn and wanna be tuskans? Meh

Thrawn’s actor was decided back in 2016 or so when they cast his voice actor in the animated series Rebels. This was before Musk became controversial, and the resemblance is coincidental.

1 hour ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Thrawn’s actor was decided back in 2016 or so when they cast his voice actor in the animated series Rebels. This was before Musk became controversial, and the resemblance is coincidental.

I called him that not because of my intense apoplectic hatred for musk or his um antiamerican behaviors or attitudes but because that actor seriously looks like a discount sales bin version of musk. But also visually he also looks like thrawn had a serious anaphylactic reaction, got really swollen and said yup this my new look. Dude looks a full 100 pounds too heavy to be thrawn and like everyone else aside from rosario felt like he had a gun pointed at him the whole time and couldnt bring a good performance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, my thread, and I was excited for Ahsoka, but I haven't chimed in lately...

I enjoyed it, aside from the near-death interlude. I mean, I watched Rebels (only because I heard Thrawn was in it), but didn't really watch TCW, so I found that sequence pointless. Oh, and Ahsoks's ship had some incredibly strong plot armor, to be chased around by fighters all episode with no real damage.

What I enjoyed most about the series was that it had plenty of the action that made Star Wars great. Baylan has his own agenda and his blonde apprentice seems to have her own internal conflicts, and that ending was positively  screaming for season 2.

I learned long ago not to think to hard about the finer plot points in Star Wars, as that usually opens holes big enough to fly an SSD through. I'll just enjoy the spectacle, and that was delivered, thanks.

i watched ahsoka over the last couple of days. despite what the naysayers were saying about it, i found it was acceptable and not the worst thing off the mouse powered content factory assembly line. was still better than mando s3 and obiwan.

Edited by Nuke

7 hours ago, Nuke said:

i watched ahsoka over the last couple of days. despite what the naysayers were saying about it, i found it was acceptable and not the worst thing off the mouse powered content factory assembly line. was still better than mando s3 and obiwan.

I think I agree with placing it above Obi-Wan and Mando s3. I was pretty disappointed with it overall, though, which is what I expected. It could have been so much more, I think. It felt like the script was written in an afternoon.

• 3 months later...

This may be a bit off the original topic, but…

Can ships be tracked through hyperspace or not?

A great deal is made of such a thing being impossible in Ep. 8 and the whole Rose/Finn story is about disabling the MacGuffin that makes it possible, yet in Ep. 7 the First Order are able to track a single X-wing doing recon of Starkiller Base back to the resistance’s base without such a device and in Rogue 1 > Ep. 4 Vader’s ship manages to track Leia’s from Scarif to Tattooine- when logically it would have gone back to Alderaan instead- without any apparent effort.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

A great deal is made of such a thing being impossible in Ep. 8 and the whole Rose/Finn story is about disabling the MacGuffin that makes it possible, yet in Ep. 7 the First Order are able to track a single X-wing doing recon of Starkiller Base back to the resistance’s base without such a device and in Rogue 1 > Ep. 4 Vader’s ship manages to track Leia’s from Scarif to Tattooine- when logically it would have gone back to Alderaan instead- without any apparent effort.

Hyperspace (Star Wars Lore) is a weird dimension that has set paths, making it a space highway. If the chasers know the paths the runners took, they can just take the same path or take a faster one that pops out the same place. However they can break away from that path as is shown by Han Solo doing the Kessel run in a shorter path (clever way for them to retcon the parsec mistake), and in The Force Awakens (ugh).

8 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

They can. It was a top secret Imperial project in the later years prior to the Battle of Yavin.

RE: Vader finding Leia, my guess is that because the Tantive IV is shown to have launched from that Rebel capital ship, a droid to two plugged into the flight computers and figured out where the ship was due to travel.

Just a random guess, because during the Imperial era, only one ship was ever capable of hyper space tracking and it was destroyed circa 2 BBY.

• 3 weeks later...