[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

Ok! Also, when I attempted a Starship flight that I named "Starship OFT", it went the same way as the real Starship OFT. I did make it to stage separation, but Starship continued to plummet. I tried to soft-land starship in the water, but it came down too hard. I then tried to soft land Superheavy, and I did get it to slow down more than Starship, but it still hit the water too hard.

On 6/9/2023 at 12:07 PM, chaos113 said:

@Kari im gonna be making one of the proposed stations ment to launch on starship, should i make an adapter for this to fit in the sep payload bayimage.png?width=551&height=558

The payload adapter on the ship is 3.75m,  so your call on that lmao

13 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

@SofieBrink Did you manage to look at the log and see if anything was wrong?

Yep, sorry for taking a while!
The issue is that you're not on 1.12.x but still on 1.11.x the cluster module uses a stock function that was changed in 1.12 so it sadly doesn't work in previous versions. 
I also feel like i should mention you have a boat load of errors thrown by both Kerbal Engineer & a mod called BFR. Not sure what's causing them but if you're experiencing any lag or stuttering you might want to look into those.

Edited by SofieBrink
typo

6 hours ago, SofieBrink said:

Yep, sorry for taking a while!
The issue is that you're not on 1.12.x but still on 1.11.x the cluster module uses a stock function that was changed in 1.12 so it sadly doesn't work in previous versions. 
I also feel like i should mention you have a boat load of errors thrown by both Kerbal Engineer & a mod called BFR. Not sure what's causing them but if you're experiencing any lag or stuttering you might want to look into those.

Ah yeah that's unfortunate. For me and the people with the engine problem, 1.12 doesn't work. It crashes the whole game when we try to load a craft into game. I even tried a new install and it didn't work.

Thanks for the help anyways

PS. I'll have a look at those errors haha

44 minutes ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

PS. I'll have a look at those errors haha

You also still have an instance of MiniAVC.dll in the SSTU folder, despite having NoMiniAVC installed. Dunno why that one is still there but you definitely don't want it.

You also have this line:

[ERR 19:52:35.268] Texture 'Expendable/Assets/SEP_22_Booster_Cluster' not found!

I can't find any such path/file in my copy of SEP nor on Github.

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

You also still have an instance of MiniAVC.dll in the SSTU folder, despite having NoMiniAVC installed. Dunno why that one is still there but you definitely don't want it.

You also have this line:

[ERR 19:52:35.268] Texture 'Expendable/Assets/SEP_22_Booster_Cluster' not found!

I can't find any such path/file in my copy of SEP nor on Github.

1. I hacked up SSTU to only have the bits I want, maybe it shipped the AVC with it, will delete it now

2. Friend of mine made a private config for an expendable Starship whilst SEP worked on the proper one. It's obsolete now, but it was called ''Expendable''.
My Gamedata is full of random configs and personal/private part edits and stuff like that, so if you see random stuff I wouldn't worry. Tbf I should probably go on a big reinstall of all my mods, some have been there since I first downloaded them haha

Edited by AmateurAstronaut1969

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed that there is now an expendable starship nose and aft section and fuel depot parts. I will download the dev release later today. Also, are there plans to include the hot staging piece in between starship and superheavy?

4 hours ago, Ultim32 said:

I just noticed that there is now an expendable starship nose and aft section and fuel depot parts. I will download the dev release later today. Also, are there plans to include the hot staging piece in between starship and superheavy?

Maybe? it's considered but since stuff changes so often and no design ever seems to stick for a while Kari makes stuff based upon rigid plans and what is actually happening.

• 5 weeks later...

Weird thing happening.

Today I tried launching a Starship Super Heavy stack for the first time in a while because I've recently gotten back into KSP.
In the staging UI, it told me that the TWR was nearly 1.45, but instead of rising when it was launched, it slowly fell back to the launchpad?

Hacked gravity is off at 1, and I'm at full throttle. The engines weren't making any sound either but that's probably just a Waterfall bug.
I can send my log and some screenshots if you want, but I am not currently at home.

What's wrong?

@Toaster355 Were you setting the engines and fuel tanks to use methalox instead of the default LFO option? I don't have a solution but i'm experiencing a similar issue when i run the engines on methalox but the mod works fine and the engines produce sound when I use LFO (the default option) and i am able to launch Starship to LKO with lots of DeltaV to spare. It might just be a bad B9 part switch config or a corrupted install of some mod but i'm not sure.

Hope this helps

Would be very helpful if both of you provided at the least a ksp.log and ideally a short clip showing the issue. It’s impossible to help out or diagnose an issue like this without the crucial bits of information both those things can provide. 
if you wanted some slightly quicker responses you could also upload these things in the install-support channel of our discord, just say i sent you.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

@Toaster355 Were you setting the engines and fuel tanks to use methalox instead of the default LFO option? I don't have a solution but i'm experiencing a similar issue when i run the engines on methalox but the mod works fine and the engines produce sound when I use LFO (the default option) and i am able to launch Starship to LKO with lots of DeltaV to spare. It might just be a bad B9 part switch config or a corrupted install of some mod but i'm not sure.

Hope this helps

Yes, they were set to Methalox.
You were right! I switched them to LFO, and Starship now flies beautifully. Thanks mate!
But now it looooooves to flip over on ascent. I don't know if it's a problem with the fuel switch or if it's just my bad piloting skills.

Edited by Toaster355

Never mind, I figured it out! I feel stupid now lol..

If anyone else is stuck:

Copy contents of SEP\GameData into your GameData folder and copy the Extras folder into the parent of your GameData folder (the main game folder).

Hope this helps!

How do you install this mod?

Starship_Expansion_Project_-_SEP-vv2.0.2.zip

- SEP_IVA

-SEP

-Extras

-README.md

-License + Changelog.txt

I've put all of these into my GameData folder, no starships in game.

SEP folder contains a "GameData" folder, but copying what's inside into my own GameData folder did not yield any starships in the game either.

I have no idea what's inside SEP_IVA

I have no idea what to do with Extras.

I have had this mod installed before, but now I have no idea what I am doing wrong installing it (nor how to install it as it's not conventional).

Can someone just give me a quick run-down, please?

Thank you!!

Edited by 995unknown
Figured it out!

On 8/13/2023 at 8:48 AM, SofieBrink said:

Would be very helpful if both of you provided at the least a ksp.log and ideally a short clip showing the issue. It’s impossible to help out or diagnose an issue like this without the crucial bits of information both those things can provide. 
if you wanted some slightly quicker responses you could also upload these things in the install-support channel of our discord, just say i sent you.

Thanks!

Here you go.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aeYqv9Y9rg2J_MMLZOP8Hxxuv2nYjeRA/view?usp=sharing

Also glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue, I read through every forum page today and many other people were having the exact same problem.

22 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

PMFBI ... just wanted to compare your mods to mine, since I'm able to fly this with Methalox just fine. My guess is IFS. Just wondering if you've tried without? (I do use Cryotanks and CRP like you do)

No worries, I'm happy to hear help from anyone :]

This sadly doesn't work either; I completely removed IFS and KSPIE ,and still Starship refuses to rise with everything set to Methalox.

For some reason none of the tanks have fuel in them, everything else is there except the fuel. I've tried reinstalling the mod and it's dependencies but that did nothing.

I'm using the latest version of SEP off Github if that helps.

7TY3SM2.jpg

KSP.log link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MDCHGyFbrXTS6RkIBp54NciiE5pHEdwJ/view?usp=drive_link

3 hours ago, The guy from duna said:

For some reason none of the tanks have fuel in them, everything else is there except the fuel. I've tried reinstalling the mod and it's dependencies but that did nothing.

I'm using the latest version of SEP off Github if that helps.

7TY3SM2.jpg

KSP.log link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MDCHGyFbrXTS6RkIBp54NciiE5pHEdwJ/view?usp=drive_link

The log cannot be opened. Login to Google required. Do you have fuel switch mods installed? Specifically Cryo Tanks and Interstellar Fuel Switch together? This error seems to occur more often when both are installed together.

Edited by Cheesecake

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

The log cannot be opened. Login to Google required. Do you have fuel switch mods installed? Specifically Cryo Tanks and Interstellar Fuel Switch together? This error seems to occur more often when both are installed together.

Sorry about the log I’ll get you a dropbox link when I’m not busy 

also I think I only have Cryo Tanks installed but I can’t confirm right now, I’ll get back to you when I can