Maneuver Node Controller [0.8.0]

XYZ3211

7 hours ago, adaniel87 said:

So I think I've run into some sort of a bug with (I think) MNC. Was playing around with the new patch, wanting to go see the new sunset color on Duna (with this mod updated via CKAN to v1.1.0). I have been able to reproduce it twice now. This is a bit of a weird one to explain, so here's my best shot:

I was in LKO, setting up the interplanetary burn to Duna. I clicked in the MNC window "Small Step delta-v" textbox to change it, and after changing it (to 1 m/s), pressed Enter, but I lost the ability to click on basically anything in-game, including in the MNC window. Some mouse hover tooltips over in-game UI stuff would show the tooltip, but clicking was just not registering at all, EXCEPT I could still click on the maneuver's line on the Map screen and would get the popup to either Create a Maneuver Plan or Time Warp to Point, but clicking on either of them wouldn't register. Clicking away from the tooltip would get that one to disappear again, but still not able to click on anything else. The game essentially seems like it's soft-locked at that point, and the only way I can fix it is to close the app via the Windows taskbar

If that's just totally unreadable/unclear, I can try and record some footage of it if it would help

you might possibly be on version 2.0 of UITK for KSP2, if so, please update to 2.1, that bug should be (mostly) fixed there

Edit: it seems like the issue persists even in 2.1 for multiple mods, so I'll do some more investigation and try to fix it

Edited by munix

7 hours ago, adaniel87 said:

So I think I've run into some sort of a bug with (I think) MNC. Was playing around with the new patch, wanting to go see the new sunset color on Duna (with this mod updated via CKAN to v1.1.0). I have been able to reproduce it twice now. This is a bit of a weird one to explain, so here's my best shot:

I was in LKO, setting up the interplanetary burn to Duna. I clicked in the MNC window "Small Step delta-v" textbox to change it, and after changing it (to 1 m/s), pressed Enter, but I lost the ability to click on basically anything in-game, including in the MNC window. Some mouse hover tooltips over in-game UI stuff would show the tooltip, but clicking was just not registering at all, EXCEPT I could still click on the maneuver's line on the Map screen and would get the popup to either Create a Maneuver Plan or Time Warp to Point, but clicking on either of them wouldn't register. Clicking away from the tooltip would get that one to disappear again, but still not able to click on anything else. The game essentially seems like it's soft-locked at that point, and the only way I can fix it is to close the app via the Windows taskbar

If that's just totally unreadable/unclear, I can try and record some footage of it if it would help

Yep, as Munix noted above this is in fact an issue and it's affecting multiple mods (MNC and Flight Plan at minimum). I'll work with Munix to see if we can get this sorted out shortly. In the meantime, I'd advise you not to try to use the text input fields in MNC 1.1.0 or Flight Plan 0.9.1 (which is reporting itself as 0.9.0 - but that's a separate and much easier-to-fix issue).

Maneuver Node Controller should be all set now! Thanks to an amazing effort on the part of @munix, the text fields are fully functional without locking up the game input! That may sound like a simple thing, but trust me - it was not. The fix he produced will also be paying off for Micro Engineer and Flight Plan too, so we all owe him a big Thank You!

You will definitely need UitkForKsp2 v 2.1.1, and MNC 1.1.1, but that should take care of it.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, pmoffitt said:

I haven't seen any issues.  That isn't saying much as I haven't done a lot of testing.  But I have used this mod to edit a few nodes.  Guess I should go look at the bug reports.

Ah, then it's possible that only the "Add Node" button is broken (the same thing that is broken in Flight Plan - generally any creation of new nodes)

Edited by munix

On 12/21/2023 at 7:56 AM, munix said:

No, it's broken

Maybe choose your words better. It works for the most part, there is some functionality that isn't working (like add node) but I haven't noticed much else.

With how janky KSP2 vanilla node editor is, this is a must use mod in my opinion.

1 hour ago, SpaceNavy said:

Maybe choose your words better. It works for the most part, there is some functionality that isn't working (like add node) but I haven't noticed much else.

With how janky KSP2 vanilla node editor is, this is a must use mod in my opinion.

Indeed, that's why I corrected myself in the next post.

By the way, if you want the "Add Node" functionality back, you can temporarily download this fork of Node Manager where I fixed the bug, at least until schlosrat has time to make a new official release with it. This also fixes the issues with Flight Plan.

2 hours ago, Badong said:

Hey there! Using the For Science! update. I can see the mod enabled, but when I activate the window, all I see is a little grey square: https://imgur.com/a/xTUgqPO

Any idea what might be causing it?

Do you have the dependencies installed?

I think it needs:

• UITK for KSP2
  • BepInEx
  • SpaceWarp
  • Node Manager

It's easiest to use ckan, force version 1.1.1 to install then replace the contents of Node Manager with munix's fork given above.

thanks but this error message appeared again using ckan

"

About to install:
 * Node Manager 0.7.1 (spacedock.info, 57.4 KiB)
Downloading "https://spacedock.info/mod/3366/Node%20Manager/download/0.7.1"
Finished downloading NodeManager 0.7.1, validating and storing to cache...
Trying to install NodeManager 0.7.1, but it's not downloaded or download is corrupted
Error during installation!
If the above message indicates a download error, please try again. Otherwise, please open an issue for us to investigate.
If you suspect a metadata problem: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new/choose
If you suspect a bug in the client: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new/choose

"

It's a bug in CKAN, it doesn't handle time zones well, so depending on where you are, for the first few hours after a new mod update is released, it will not let you download it. The CKAN team is aware of this.

Edited by munix

27 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

I'm new to KSP2.  What does the green/gray button (in the Mod List) do?   Te titlebar says  "Enabled Mods".  Are they not enabled?  Does the button enable them?

Green means it's enabled, when you click it and turn it gray, it means on next game start it will be disabled.

Fantastic mod. A must-install for me for any maneuver node beyond transferring to Mun.

I would like to request the addition of the ability to type in an exact value for the date/time of the node. This would make it much easier to use AlexMoon's Transfer Planner (which seems to still work in KSP2 because the systems are the same) to place a node in the far future. Ideally, I'd like to be able to copy a string like "Year 1, day 236 at 4:19:12" directly from the webpage and paste it into the mod.

I also noticed that if you use the keypad to type numbers, the KSP hotkeys for these keys triggers, which causes the game to mute and unmute sound effects and music. I'm not sure if this is something you could fix.

Edited by Superfluous J

14 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

I also noticed that if you use the keypad to type numbers, the KSP hotkeys for these keys triggers, which causes the game to mute and unmute sound effects and music. I'm not sure if this is something you could fix.

I was just recently able to finally properly implement a solution for this in the UITK for KSP2 library, which this mod uses for its UI, and it should apply to all mods retroactively without needing them to be updated, but it seems this mod has some code that prevents it, specifically my suspect is these three lines (though I cannot be 100% sure without testing):

https://github.com/schlosrat/ManeuverNodeController/blob/c01f606c50131afd7d95ca7994b7fe211a36bb59/ManeuverNodeControllerProject/ManeuverNodeControllerPlugin.cs#L790-L792

If so, then it's an extremely simple fix of just removing them.

9 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Fantastic mod. A must-install for me for any maneuver node beyond transferring to Mun.

I would like to request the addition of the ability to type in an exact value for the date/time of the node. This would make it much easier to use AlexMoon's Transfer Planner (which seems to still work in KSP2 because the systems are the same) to place a node in the far future. Ideally, I'd like to be able to copy a string like "Year 1, day 236 at 4:19:12" directly from the webpage and paste it into the mod.

Can't claim to have used this mod to be honest. I do however find the in-game attempt (I say attempt as I honestly think Intercept will revisit and tweak it) of the node maker / editor a bit hopeless at times.

I am assuming this mod allows for very precise changes to the nodes, like fractions of a metre per second as sometimes that's all it takes in mid-course terms to get a perfect Intercept.

9 hours ago, munix said:

I was just recently able to finally properly implement a solution for this in the UITK for KSP2 library, which this mod uses for its UI, and it should apply to all mods retroactively without needing them to be updated, but it seems this mod has some code that prevents it, specifically my suspect is these three lines (though I cannot be 100% sure without testing):

https://github.com/schlosrat/ManeuverNodeController/blob/c01f606c50131afd7d95ca7994b7fe211a36bb59/ManeuverNodeControllerProject/ManeuverNodeControllerPlugin.cs#L790-L792

If so, then it's an extremely simple fix of just removing them.

Well, seems like I was wrong, the mod works perfectly fine as is, I just forgot to disable the audio inputs in the library itself, so MNC doesn't even need an update, this should be fixed as soon as I release the next UITK for KSP 2 version.

Edited by munix

1 hour ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I am assuming this mod allows for very precise changes to the nodes, like fractions of a metre per second as sometimes that's all it takes in mid-course terms to get a perfect Intercept.

Yup. ANY number is possible, from 10k m/s to .0000134234m/s

Hello, I modified the old version - removed texfield with DV or TIME steps and added six buttons with predefied values. Very handy. But I am strugling with the latest version with UITK. Cannot create the assets. When opening the scene attached scene in project I have a lot of errors. Like invalid value for font missing asset reference. But i can see the font and asset in particular folder. If someone can help me, or send working unity project i will appreciate it.

I have few upgrades in mind. Like if you have selected target, Then show closest approach and relative speed in more than 1 orbit. Sometimes you want to intercept the target in 5 orbits to minimize fuel consumption.

KSP1.png

KSP2.png