[MAJOR SPOILERS] Photos of anomalies

Vl3d

But really how are people finding these?  Is everyone here a master modder that has dug into all the game files?  Otherwise what are the chances that anyone would find anything?  Just like in KSP 1 I have spent hours looking on Minmus for an easter egg but no luck yet.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:10 AM, Jason_25 said:

But really how are people finding these?  Is everyone here a master modder that has dug into all the game files?  Otherwise what are the chances that anyone would find anything?  Just like in KSP 1 I have spent hours looking on Minmus for an easter egg but no luck yet.

I found the Buddha by chance. It's right in the middle of an obvious "spot" on Tylo's surface. I was curious about the spot so did a low pass (needed a low pass for a challenge anyway). I saw a dark mark in some sand color, investigated... found an anomaly.

Tylo is difficult to land on, so I feel rewarded for an equatorial landing. It was also well lit by the relations of Kerbol, Tylo, and Jool, so I may not have seen it on a different pass.

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 12:05 AM, Strawberry said:

Yoooo this is likely one of the last easter eggs found congrats! Also someone found a road on Eve

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_eve-pavement.jpg

14.6890, -34.3754

Also apparently there's a mountain that clips above the clouds on Eve but I dont think anyone has found that yet oddly enough

Can someome send me a Pic of a planetary view of this coordinates? How do you get the coordinates?

• 4 months later...

With For Science releasing tomorrow, I wanted to make a thread for people to share their findings with others. IF you find something, you must follow a few rules though...

1: Use Spoiler tags: This is so people can go through the thread without seeing pictures to not ruin the element of surprise

2: Provide a photo with location in map view: After landing, take a screenshot of where you found it and put it in your post (using a spoiler tag obviously.)

3: Help others with finding Easter Eggs

If anyone finds anything, make sure to use spolier tag by clicking on the eye symbol when writing out your post of your findings.

35 minutes ago, Dakota said:

I would highly recommend trying to stay spoiler-free when it comes to Discoverables! It's way more exciting if you find them yourself just through playing the game.

As someone who has never even seen the Mun arch in KSP1, I need all the help I can get finding these.

1 hour ago, Dakota said:

I would highly recommend trying to stay spoiler-free when it comes to Discoverables! It's way more exciting if you find them yourself just through playing the game.

It takes dozens of hours to visually scout all celestial bodies from low orbit. A KerbNet 2.0 type system would have been very useful, but alas..

2 hours ago, Dakota said:

Chances that I find a discoverable is 1/1000, my fuel would be done 100 times before I find a discoverable.

4 hours ago, Dakota said:

Recommended spoilers so people can read but not see what it looks like to not ruin the element of surprise

On 12/18/2023 at 2:56 PM, Vl3d said:

It takes dozens of hours to visually scout all celestial bodies from low orbit. A KerbNet 2.0 type system would have been very useful, but alas..

I haven't given up hope of a SCANSat-like feature baked into this game.  Nailing that polar orbit and watching the terrain/elevation/resource maps fill out is so satisfying  - and immensely helpful!  It really jives with the intuitive idea of sending a probe/relay sat and ground-imaging satellites before any kind of crewed mission to a new CB.

On 12/18/2023 at 3:43 PM, Pat20999 said:

Chances that I find a discoverable is 1/1000, my fuel would be done 100 times before I find a discoverable.

All you need is a low, polar orbit and a lot of patience ;)

Back at the golden mun arch currently and searching for any triggers that start anything.

There also does appear to be music playing there that does not play anywhere else... 

Nothing yet...

The brightness of some of the items appear to be increasing as the Sun goes behind the Mun Arch

Edited by gfdgfherytrey
Added Context

On 12/21/2023 at 10:58 AM, gfdgfherytrey said:

Could you provide coordanites for these?

Gilly is very small, you will probably find them after a brief search. There could even be a third one there, I saw this while in game and ignored it because I thought was discovered by The Space Peacock. I'm not sure if it counts as a separate location and is an anomaly. There are at least two on Dres, which you'll likely come across in a secondary mission. 

Spoiler

jxruACV.jpg

Allow me to post my favorite so far, this object located on Pol is suspected to be hollow. I really enjoy looking for these and I hope the devs add even more of them, it makes exploration so much more rewarding. 

Spoiler

The Blurp

kLPBV56.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.