Christmas Wishes

AlamoVampire

With Christmas coming soon I thought I would pose this thread so that we all may put good cheer, good tidings and our wishes out there.

I wish to find love, to find happiness and to find peace.

How about you all? What do you wish?

Edited by AlamoVampire

I would like to grow further on my philosophical journey. I also hope that many animals find homes, especially in the wake of the post-pandemic mass giveaways/abandonment of pets.

I also hope that others can find hope and reason in this nonsensical and depressing world.

i wish common sense would sometimes intersect with the holiday spirit. the holidays are not only depressing but also physically demanding. ive been practically laid up a for a week after carrying a load of packages home from the post office so a senior citizen can play with dolls. there will also be public events that i dont want to go to, excessive feasting that my system can no longer handle. meanwhile people calling me scroodge and grinch because im too exhausted to festivize. less is more people. 

Edited by Nuke

• 2 weeks later...

I wish for a big OT check for working both Christmas and New Year's!

(which sadly is less than most years because they're on Sunday so I'll only get the OT for working all 40 hours, and not the 2.5x pay for working the holiday on top of that)

Edited by Superfluous J

i wish the people at the grocery store and post office would look less miserable. 

alaska is horrifically late with its snap benefits. that might explain all the sad faces at the grocery store, the post office is self explanatory.

On 12/5/2023 at 12:34 AM, AlamoVampire said:

I wish to find love, to find happiness and to find peace.

I hope to keep these things.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:15 AM, SunlitZelkova said:

I also hope that many animals find homes, especially in the wake of the post-pandemic mass giveaways/abandonment of pets.

And I hope our application to adopt a golden retriever from a rescue organization bears fruit in the near future.
(We had the "home visit" via Zoom 2 days ago, and got approved yesterday. Now we're waiting to hear from fosters to meet the dogs.)

Edited by HebaruSan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.