Free KSP2 Holiday Giveaway!

Dman979

My kerbals have a lot to do before making any celebrations.

Unfortunately, Valentina has crashed her ship on EVE and is stuck.

three kerbals voluntary go on a mission rescue.

Kaspard the pilot and his friends scientists Melkior and Kalthazar cause they afraid Valentina may suffer being too long apart on this hostile  EVE planet despite his name.

So i hope they can soon bring back Valentina home.

35 minutes ago, 18Watt said:

Perhaps you could give the key to a friend, family member, or your favorite teacher.

That would be great, if only I knew someone who would gladly accept it. Even so, I'm going to give this fun challenge a shot.

Please bear with me, for my KSP lore has many different Christmas traditions scattered around Kerbin - and even some in settlements off the planet. Since these celebrations have changed throughout history, we're going to go with "Present Day" - which takes place almost a generation after "A Mystery Beyond Science" (still unfinished as of 12/17/23), and Bill's and Val's kids are young adults now with their own jobs. Here's a list of some of the more prominent ones; if I listed all of the traditions, it would take me a week with how much detail I put in.

KRAKOPOLIS

Spoiler

Skip to the last one if you just want the biggest Christmas tradition in the city. Otherwise, enjoy.

• The first Saturday of the month (I haven't come up with a name yet), the main R&D building at the Kerbal Space Center (KSC) is closed for a Christmas party. 
    • It used to be on a Friday, but then administration got a lot of noise and mess complaints from personnel still working there - and even in the surrounding buildings - during the party. So, they moved it to Saturday.
  • City Hall has a Christmas tree on display in front of the main entrance. To anyone who is unaware of the tradition, it is actually a giant firework that will be launched at noon on Christmas Day. 

And now for the big one:

• The weekend before Christmas, the Super-Cool Aircraft Museum (SCAM) hosts an event called the Reindeer Wings Airshow. Its namesake squadron, which consists of several pilots who get bonuses for their performance that day, fly various aircraft over the museum grounds. The most memorable of these aircraft and their Christmas-themed feats include:
    • The show beginning with a pilot dressed like Santa entering a modified Laythe Speeder SSTO, which is seen getting prepped by "his elven pit crew." Once ready, it takes off heading west for its orbital flight around the world.
      • This particular SSTO has its science and ISRU equipment removed to make a cargo bay for "Santa" to put his bag in. It wasn't going to go farther than LKO, so why does it need to be able to refuel itself?
      • When he finally lands less than an hour later, Santa holds an empty bag in the air to signify that his mission is completed.
        • Which is actually a second empty bag that was already loaded in the plane.
    • In the meantime, a Fokker Dr.I replica with a red reflector at the tip of the propeller's center flying around. 
    • After that lands,  a C-47 Skytrain tows a decorated glider - most likely a Waco CG-4 replica - over the museum grounds.
      • For the kids' amusement, the curator would announce that it was how Santa Claus traveled the world during the Second Imperial Wars. 
    • A B-52 Stratofortress flying over the crowd and dropping presents loaded with candy and small gifts like toys, books, and/or gift cards inside them. 
      • The presents are in parachutes since the first time they had the present drop resulted in many injuries, deaths, and subsequent lawsuits. After being nearly bankrupted paying settlements to the victims and their families, the Reindeer Wings decided to have parachutes installed on all the presents next time they do a drop.
        •  Since then, the only other casualties that came from a present drop were because some disgruntled former squadron member (hence he was ineligible to receive the bonus) snuck into the hangar and cut the parachutes the evening before. Not long after, the saboteur was arrested, convicted of mass murder, and soon committed suicide in his cell.
    • And last, but not least, a C-141 Skytrain flies a couple of circles high over the museum and then skydivers dressed as elves jump off to greet the awestruck spectators.

OWL CITY

Spoiler
  • The first Friday of the month, the WinterOwl Aircraft Emporium employees have a Christmas Party at the old manufacturing plant. 
    • It had to be replaced due to a larger workforce and a demand for higher-tech planes. Now it's a museum that is also used as an event venue.
    • Like almost all corporate parties, it involves a boring end-of-year speech and some awards that is almost certain to go to higher management.
    • The employees from the Wynter Kerman Warbird Emporium are welcome to the party too.
  • Every weekend of the month is Open Cockpit Day at the Wynter Kerman Warbird Emporium.
  • On Christmas Day, there's a large parade that goes on Main Street.
    • One of the floats features the oldest surviving biplane made by WinterOwl, which is usually on display at the Wynter Kerman Warbird Museum.
    • Near the end, Wynter Kerman's descendant flies over the parade in their Beachcraft. To the spectators and parade personnel, it truly is a sight to behold.
      • To the city's politicians and those who are aware, however, they see it as a show of power. Though the mayor and council members are elected, it is Wynter Kerman's family that really calls the shots behind the scenes.

SPACE

Spoiler

GENERAL

• The second Friday of the month, all the planets' general command personnel log into a videoconference along with Mission Control. The director of operations then gives this (often boring) speech on how well operations went that year and what else needs to be done. Near the end, the director of operations announces the winners of yearly performance-based awards.
    • For example: least casualties sustained, most new permanent residents, most positive reviews that year. 
      • They're calculated by percentage, otherwise Jool will have an unfair advantage due to size and variety of moons alone.

MOHO

• Due to how scorching hot the sunny side is, the surface personnel use that time to make "rockmen" - the rock equivalent of snowmen. There is no atmosphere on that planet, so they don't melt or get blown away. Unfortunately, some of them get destroyed by mobile bases and landing craft.
    • When asked why build at night, the kerbalnauts involved said that they wanted to work under a cooler environment.

JOOL - LAYTHE

• A small jet-powered drone flies a miniaturized CG-4 glider loaded with a present and drops it into the Fallout Zone, where Poseidon's Palace used to be, before returning for decontamination. Now anyone daring (or dumb) enough to venture in there will find a bunch of crashed gliders with unopened presents.
    • Despite the military's tanked reputation thanks to the Clivar Genocide scandal, most of the general public wanted a way to remember those whose lives were taken by Irpond Kerman.
      • "If it wasn't for that yandere, we still would be celebrating Christmas with our fellow kerbals as well as with our Laythan neighbors."
      • Although others argued that, despite killing more innocent Native Laythans as well as kerbals - and not just on Laythe's surface - Irpond was nothing compared to Victor Kerman and his men.
    • Mission Control and Kerbin's military agreed to load their next mass transport SSTO bound for Laythe with assembly kits for these small gliders. Assuming no screw-ups and the construction rate of one glider per year, there should be enough to last a kerbal from birth to old age.

EELOO

• Specially designed fake Christmas trees are placed around the surface bases. 
  • On Christmas Day, all the bases have a laser light show.
    • They used to have fireworks, but then they ran out quickly
      • And they were clearly marked "EMERGENCY FLARES. DO NOT USE FOR FIREWORKS DISPLAYS."

Phew, that was quite a ride. There are certainly a lot more different celebrations to be had, but this should be a good taste. I hope I win, and Merry Christmas to all.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, as of March 2023, I cannot play KSP2 myself. The game required around 3 GB of VRAM (I don't know if it's changed now) while my computer with its Intel 520 has 128 MB. Like Johann Schmidt in Infinity War, if I win this prize, I will be guiding someone to a treasure I cannot possess

• Even if my computer was able to run the game without a hitch, I'm still too attached to KSP1 to switch primary games - which means I'm still giving this key to someone else. Also, I would like to master getting kerbals on and off Eve before doing so. Furthermore, I still have an Air Force Museum replica thread to keep up.

My Kerbals sitting all together on the Christmas tree. Decorated with lil' rocket ornaments and a dapper kerbol decor on the tip of the tree.
Enjoying the nostalgic scent & look of the tree. Slurping their tasty hot space chocolate. Slowly and delightfully. They realized eventually: Jeb isn't here. Strange. Where is Jeb? Ah yes, of course. Jeb was the one getting the Christmas present in the last minute. No surprise. He's very busy taming rocketry all the time. But if you know who Jeb is, you know he can only come in one way to the party. PHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeww.... KABOOM!
Half the buildings may be destroyed, but no worries. The Christmas tree is fine. Jeb is here to finally hand his presents out: Brand new space suits, perfectly fitted for everyone! Jeb saved the day once again.

Yes, that's Christmas the Kerbal way for me.

Jebediah and bill will celebrate this holiday in a spacecraft in route to rendezvous with a satellite in route to Jool whose Nuclear reactor had a malfunction. The rest of the kerbonauts will stay in the mun station because a proper transport is too expensive (I spend all the money in the repair mission).

img%5D

Mine set off the biggest fire crackers they managed to scrounge together and dance around menacingly dressed as cachalots* to scare off the Kraken and bring on a new year of only planned rapid disassemblies.

*I wont tempt the forum censor module with the name this marine mammal is usually known as. A famous, although fictional, individual was white.