Bug Status [12/22]

• KSP Team

image.png

Hey all,

FOR SCIENCE! is out and you all seem to be loving it! It's been fantastic seeing the reactions to all the new features, bugfixes, and Discoverables that arrived in the milestone. As we head out the door for the holiday break, we just wanted to do a quick check-in on the K.E.R.B. to take a look at the community's top issues.

For those who are just now discovering the K.E.R.B. (Kerbal Endusers Report Bugs!), welcome! This subforum is dedicated to tracking community bug reports and allowing the community to vote on issues that they are also experiencing. This helps the development team prioritize which issues to fix and also get in-depth information to help during investigations. You can submit bug reports to kerb.al/bugreport where they then will be evaluated and categorized by our Bug Hunters.

If you're running into issues with For Science!, here's some common solutions:

1. Quicksave, quickload
  2. Try a new save file
  3. Restart game
  4. Remove mods
  5. Verify game files
  6. Update drivers
  7. Reinstall game

Thanks again to all of you who submit bug reports. We've seen a tremendous influx of bug reports and it's been extremely helpful during our immediate investigations post-FS! release.

Also, yes we have seen Having to eat prevents players from being able to play the game non-stop but you won't see it on this list. We're prioritizing this and have moved it up to the top of our internal bug list. We'll let you know when we have more info to share.

Appreciate you all and Happy Holidays,

KSP Team

Fundamental Feature Status Updates:

Upper atmospheres heat up and destroys parts far too quickly (new)
We don't consider this really a bug, the heat system just needs some tuning once we can take some time to gather feedback. As we said in the v0.2.0.0 patch notes, do not expect parity between KSP1 and KSP2 in this area!

Current Top Issues: 

# Bug Status
1 No trajectory lines in map view Reproducible
2 Rovers are Hitting a Physics Glitch Every 1000m from the Location of Rover Being Loaded into the Game With Disastrous Results Should have improved with v0.2.0.0, investigating more robust fix
3 Moving a radially attached part with a strut on it, break the game Investigating
4 Stage activation requires a double click / double spacebar pressing Reproducible
5 Landing gear blocked when it is not [also happens with other deployable parts] Unable to reliably reproduce
6 SAS does not hold orientation during time warp Reproducible, investigating alternatives

Control Surface Oscillation in Atmosphere

Reproducible
8 Inconsistent Framerate During Launch [Edit: The Video Shows a Gradual FPS drop as the Launch Continues] Need to confirm post v0.2.0.0
9 Almost all of the Navball stuff disapears Need to confirm post v0.2.0.0
10 Cannot create/edit a maneuver node when game is paused Reproducible, investigating solutions for this and other pause-related issues
11 "Experiment" button shows available experiments even though the experiments have been done before Reproducible
12 Incorrect "landed" status while in orbit causes trajectory to disappear in Map View and shows landed for the available experiment UI Need more information
13 In "Deorbiting" there is no heatshield in the craft. Investigating
14 More often than not parts are still blocked after fairings are jettisoned Investigating
15 Planets collide after switching vessels Need to confirm post v0.2.0.0
16 Moving a strut reset the camera Investigating
17 FPS drops critically in flight / wing trails in atmosphere are rendered multiple times Investigating

Wobbly navball pro/retrograde markers at low relative velocities

Investigating
19 Dres's rings always rendering behind the planet Reproducible
20 Game Thinks Entire Craft Is Destroyed Even Though Command Pod Is Still Intact Reproducible

Note: this report is not fully representative of the work our team is focused on. This is just to provide insight into our progress on the most concerning issues to our community. Additionally, the lack of a status update does not imply a lack of importance or general progress - we just do not have anything to share at this time.

I expect this list will change quite dramatically in a couple weeks given the amount of people playing the game now.  I know I have personally seen 2, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 16, and 18 just this week, but there are a lot more irritating bugs than those ones as well that haven't climbed their way up the list yet. (Have I mentioned how much I despise the camera yet?)

1 hour ago, Intercept Games said:

Upper atmospheres heat up and destroys parts far too quickly (new)
We don't consider this really a bug, the heat system just needs some tuning once we can take some time to gather feedback. As we said in the v0.2.0.0 patch notes, do not expect parity between KSP1 and KSP2 in this area!

While I have no issues with it as such, I did lose few parts on the way up due to overheating. And that was waaay below orbital speeds.

There are few more, quite crucial bugs that I need to report that should go a bit higher on top list than, say, Dres rings.

• Community Manager
24 minutes ago, Clayel said:

does the ksp team get to eat, and if so does the eating bug take away from work productivity too?

we have lots of snacks at the office. no comment on the second question

15 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

I expect this list will change quite dramatically in a couple weeks given the amount of people playing the game now.

They might tick over to reproducible, but we're heading into our holiday break - so there might be a delay in progress just to give our team a deserved rest.

56 minutes ago, Dakota said:

They might tick over to reproducible, but we're heading into our holiday break - so there might be a delay in progress just to give our team a deserved rest.

Ya I meant the list of community most wanted fixes, not the actual status of the existing issues.

2 Rovers are Hitting a Physics Glitch Every 1000m from the Location of Rover Being Loaded into the Game With Disastrous Results Should have improved with v0.2.0.0, investigating more robust fix

Yeah, had a feeling this wasn't going to be easily solved. If you want to test this build a big rover massing about six tons or so with six TR-4Ls and just start driving north. Not only will you understand my frustrations with torque but you'll experience this issue first-hand.

Also:

12 Incorrect "landed" status while in orbit causes trajectory to disappear in Map View and shows landed for the available experiment UI Need more information

Where do I send save files experiencing this? I had just landed at the Mun arch, made a short hop to get closer, then got out to grab the science, then experienced this when attempting return to orbit.

50 minutes ago, regex said:

Yeah, had a feeling this wasn't going to be easily solved. If you want to test this build a big rover massing about six tons or so with six TR-4Ls and just start driving north. Not only will you understand my frustrations with torque but you'll experience this issue first-hand.

I just make a rover out of a fuel tank with a vector in the back. You see the issue pretty fast lol. 

11 hours ago, regex said:

Where do I send save files experiencing this? I had just landed at the Mun arch, made a short hop to get closer, then got out to grab the science, then experienced this when attempting return to orbit.

You can create a new bug report and put the link of this bug report in it. After that we will merge it.

22 hours ago, MechBFP said:

I expect this list will change quite dramatically in a couple weeks given the amount of people playing the game now.  I know I have personally seen 2, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 16, and 18 just this week, but there are a lot more irritating bugs than those ones as well that haven't climbed their way up the list yet. (Have I mentioned how much I despise the camera yet?)

100% Agree, I think I encounter a new (or new presentaion of a) bug every time I play and push a bit deeper into space and further up the tech tree. Although I will say the game is 10x more soild then it was prior to 0.2

thanks for letting me know! THis will be helpful when more updates are out! 0.2.1 or 0.2.2..sometimes the FPS is inconsistent, it sometimes slows down the game (with lags!) over some time, unless I restart the game!

I also can't wait for Colonies for next great update to 0.3.0! 

Edited by kennyc222