[APRIL FOOLS] The Empire Strikes Back: KSP2 Adopts Imperial Units

Happy April first Intercept :)
There is nothing that could possibly happen on this day that could render this untrue.

Edited by NexusHelium

8l79nu.jpg

That's how I felt reading that whole post.  Especially the Apollo stuff.  Gotta say I was even a bit fooled into thinking it was real.  If you'd have stopped before mentioning fractions, I might have fallen for it totally.

This is a lose-lose for the devs.  If it's a joke then someone spent a collosal waste of time typing all that non-sense out and creating graphics for the post.  If it's not a joke, is this is really what they have been working on?!?  What about the damn bugs??  No one cares about metric vs imperial!

Who comes up with this crap?

Edited by Biggen

24 minutes ago, PicoSpace said:

Its a good thing I'm a Canadain and an Engineer, we had to learn both systems!

Oh boy do I know that fun. I had a project want metric materials but measurements in imperial.

Nothing in my professional life has felt as dirty as making drawings with 30M bar at 12" OC spacing.

3 hours ago, Stephensan said:

yeah really cannot take this as a meme, its been a hot debate recently about adding more than just m/s or m.. and i don't even want to use imperial

km/h

knots 

and imperial units.

all needs to be added, certain vehicles be much better for km/h like planes and ground vehicles etc.

sorry, please add more units of measurements..

-gaming community

This could be a good mod

SILLY ME. Hoping for an actual dev update. This is what they call "throwing salt on a wound." Maybe if they were more frequent. -_-

• Community Manager

Alright, we hear you - imperial isn't as precise as you'd like it to be!

We've gone ahead and changed our plans in accordance with your concerns.

Our imperial units will now be calculated up to 20 significant figures.

Unfortunately this has led to a 50% reduction in overall performance....

But we know that it'll be worth it for you all :)

Hope that helps!!!

Is there any update to the game? I get that its April Fool's Day and all...I'm not sure if Intercept Games gets that they have a game to deliver, not lolz.

4 hours ago, Biggen said:

This is a lose-lose for the devs.  If it's a joke then someone spent a collosal waste of time typing all that non-sense out and creating graphics for the post.  If it's not a joke, is this is really what they have been working on?!?  What about the damn bugs??  No one cares about metric vs imperial!

Who comes up with this crap?

You want the CM to work on the bugs? I think that will lead to more bugs.

theres people who do specific things on the team. 

3 minutes ago, Icegrx said:

You want the CM to work on the bugs? I think that will lead to more bugs.

theres people who do specific things on the team. 

And to this point, the CMs really haven't kept the community informed as to the entirety of what is happening.  Instead of bi-weekly KERBS, we got weekly challenges and the KERB pushed to monthly.  We haven't had Upnates, or AMAs.  Instead of giving us real information, we get jokes.  We BEG for more communication, and we get jokes.

56 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

And to this point, the CMs really haven't kept the community informed as to the entirety of what is happening.  Instead of bi-weekly KERBS, we got weekly challenges and the KERB pushed to monthly.  We haven't had Upnates, or AMAs.  Instead of giving us real information, we get jokes.  We BEG for more communication, and we get jokes.

Honestly, I can agree with that statement. 

“Howdy Kerbonauts!

We've got some BIG KSP2 NEWS that's going to rock your world!“

This part was a slap in the face in particular. tone deaf in my opinion. 

but, not much the CM can do if there’s literally nothing to report, and you have to remember the CM has a boss they have to report to. The real issue is management, and not the CMs in particular. 

Edited by Icegrx

10 minutes ago, Icegrx said:

not much the CM can do if there’s literally nothing to report, and you have to remember the CM has a boss they have to report to. The real issue is management, and not the CMs in particular. 

I personally think that no one REALLY cares that much that IG is not COMMUNICATING with us, no matter how much anybody say that they care.

People care that there's nothing to communicate.

I cannot believe that ANYBODY would be satisfied with a daily 5-paragraph essay stating that there is still nothing to report, no matter how well-written and customized to the particular thing that's still not seen enough progress to report on.

I also don't believe that ANYBODY would complain if KSP2 1.0 dropped tomorrow fully written, with no communication about it at all except a bare-minimum "hey it's out go download it"