Wonder what happen to original KSP after KSP2 failure?

On 6/3/2024 at 1:45 AM, Bej Kerman said:

There will be an impact on the popularity of the IP as a whole.

But the game itself will be pretty intact, which is nice! :)

On 6/2/2024 at 4:45 PM, Bej Kerman said:

KSP2 developement defnitely had an impact on KSP1.

Hype leading up to launch saw a spike in recorded player counts (likely higher than reported due lack of launcher use). They are falling off slightly but still remain higher than before.

2 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

Hype leading up to launch saw a spike in recorded player counts (likely higher than reported due lack of launcher use). They are falling off slightly but still remain higher than before.

And what does KSP 1's purchase rate look like over the same time span?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

No clue. You didn't state specific impacts to the IP.  So i provided an example. 

If you want other examples you provide them.

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

On 6/5/2024 at 11:52 AM, Bej Kerman said:

Okay, I'm not sure what your point was then.

Original Comment

On 6/2/2024 at 4:45 PM, Bej Kerman said:

The impact i remarked on

KSP1 player counts are greater than they were prior to the existence of KSP2

The Point?

Me providing a single representative indication of a single specific impact to the IP.

On 6/5/2024 at 8:18 AM, Bej Kerman said:

So some how.. me failing to answer a request for specific info some how makes the spike in player count invalid? 

You didn't make a comment like "There will surely be an impact upon the future SALES of the IP in general."

The root of my point wast to completely an wholeheartedly 100% totally agree with you that there will be impact to the IP in general. Part of the impact is a resurgence in the popularity of the OG epic title.. KSP1. This is supported by the evidenced rise in player count.

Bc i did not come to the point you are trying to browbeat upon everyone, does not diminish the point i was making. Your complete and utter inability to parse the most simplistic of logic baffles me.

I am only baffled bc when there in some other person that agrees with you.. you can do intellectual summersaults to align it with reality. 

I only mention these others that provide posts to support your view.. bc you yourself never post anything remotely close to a supportING argument.

This is fun. I should structure all my replies as if I am trying to explain 1+1 with rocks.

On 6/10/2024 at 4:20 AM, TechieV said:

I did get influenced by how much I play KSP. I play more than ever now!

^^^^^

Someone else arrived at the same point

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

I moved from console to PC due to the recent shenanigans with KSP2. It became apparent that console was never getting the last update which would have brought EVA construction. I am now delving into the world of modded KSP. I think it will survive just fine as long as it runs on newer hardware/OS platforms.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:40 PM, Fizzlebop Smith said:

Someone else arrived at the same point

:huh:

I'm just stating the facts. I'm just saying I play more KSP 1 now. So what if someone else feels the same???

On 6/17/2024 at 12:40 PM, Fizzlebop Smith said:

So some how.. me failing to answer a request for specific info some how makes the spike in player count invalid? 

Let me correct this for you:  Somehow, you failing to provide an answer to a specific question that wasn't even asked is making your example invalid.  Bej has a history of moving the goal-posts to suit their own narrative.  The issue that was brought up, as you quoted, was that there would be an impact on the IP.  You gave an example - which wasn't asked for, by the way - and that's all you can do.

On 6/19/2024 at 8:09 AM, TechieV said:

I'm just stating the facts. I'm just saying I play more KSP 1 now. So what if someone else feels the same???

No need to get angry.  Your playing more now actually helps the argument the Fizzlebop made about player counts going up due to there being an impact on the IP.  There's really no need for you to get upset over something that he is actually agreeing with you on.

On 6/19/2024 at 8:09 AM, TechieV said:

:huh:

As Scarecrow has pointed out. 

Your comment was essentially supporting an earlier claim that i had made. Therefore, you arrived at the same point as I did.

My claim was that people are now "playing more than ever" 

Not to change the subject, but I have always gotten to this forum through a link from the Wiki.  This morning that link went down.   I click on it and nothing happens except a blank screen.  I then typed in this forum in the search bar and got here fast.  Is this a general issue or is it a personal problem?

40 minutes ago, miklkit said:

Not to change the subject, but I have always gotten to this forum through a link from the Wiki.  This morning that link went down.   I click on it and nothing happens except a blank screen.  I then typed in this forum in the search bar and got here fast.  Is this a general issue or is it a personal problem?

It was likely do to something happening on the server end. Maintenance or moving...

The wiki link will probably work now buy everyone has been having bad connectivity

On 6/20/2024 at 8:04 PM, Scarecrow71 said:

No need to get angry.  Your playing more now actually helps the argument the Fizzlebop made about player counts going up due to there being an impact on the IP.  There's really no need for you to get upset over something that he is actually agreeing with you on.

On 6/20/2024 at 9:17 PM, Fizzlebop Smith said:

As Scarecrow has pointed out. 

Your comment was essentially supporting an earlier claim that i had made. Therefore, you arrived at the same point as I did.

My claim was that people are now "playing more than ever" 

Oh sorry! I thought you were being negative towards me. My bad!

I'm noticing that a lot of modders are advertising mods that 'fill in' what KSP2 promised, like automated routes, and 'in flight construction'.

Or maybe that's just me noticing an abundance of what I'm mourning the loss of. 

15 hours ago, stephensmat said:

I'm noticing that a lot of modders are advertising mods that 'fill in' what KSP2 promised, like automated routes, and 'in flight construction'.

I hope so.  I have started DLing a few mods and they are all old and have issues.  Also dependencies on old mods that are not compatible with KSP v1.12.5.

16 hours ago, stephensmat said:

I wish there was documentation available and a tutorial on how to mod the game.  I can code, but I need help when diving into something new the first time or two.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2024 at 10:53 PM, Pawelk198604 said:

Wonder what happen to original KSP after KSP2 failure?

KSP (the original) is destined to become a legacy game. I believe it is already in the early stages.