Actually excited about the future of KSP 2

Vl3d

Take2 would want at least to cover their investment to date. That said, it means that they would propably a few millions to sell the IP, than you have to account for additional investement from new owner to finish the game.

With game that has so many negative reviews on steam, and is played currently by 149 people on average, no one will invest that kind of money.

There is simply no ROI on this IP. So i doubt someone will buy it.

Maybe after a long time, when KSP2 brand is worth nothing more, in 5 years or so, the price of the IP would be reasonable enough for someone to pick it up. But at that point, who will play KSP?

I don't see it comming. PD just demolished the game.

54 minutes ago, Siska said:

But at that point, who will play KSP?

I probably will. 

I mean, how many people keep buying updates of the same game?  Civilization as an example. I was in to it. For a long time, but i skipped #3, and played #5 until I discovered KSP.  I didn't bother with #6...  MAYBE I'll look at whether #7 might be worth getting, but itbis Take2, so maybe not.

KSP 2 is a good game and a lot of work went into it. I doubt it will all just be discarded. The mind space and unreleased stuff is really a gold mine, there's nothing like it on the market. So I'm 100% sure the game will eventually be fine.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

KSP 2 is a good game

Ehhhhhh.....    That's very much debatable, as evidenced by the last patch that got pushed out.  

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

there's nothing like it on the market.

And there's a reason for that.     It's a very very niche game.    Always has been.   Its never been marketable to the general public,    Not even if it was made an MMO.   If it was marketable, things like Simple Rockets or other KSP clones would have stepped in already, it's been over a decade, none of them are that successful.     Rocket Surgery is _hard_ and most people aren't into having to at least appreciate simple calculus to understand what is happening in a game. 

I'm not sure if you're being serious with this thread or not, I know you were extremely enthusiastic, to put it mildly, about KSP2 pre-release, but there's some harsh realities that need faced.    Even if TTi would even bother selling off the IP, they're going to milk it first, squeeze out those last few final sales.  And then there's the actual development time.     At best, and that's an extreme longshot it even happens to begin with,  we're looking at close to a decade before we'd see KSP3.    That's if it even happens.  

I'd even bet there would be a developer on that team, if it evens happens, that wasn't even born yet when 0.17 released.     It'll be that long. 

Edited by Gargamel

I do not have the certainty of the Eternal optimist. Life sucks. That fact has predispositioned me to doubt and cynism.

I feel relieved that it's over. The graphic overhaul of KSP2 initially had me quite excited.. the subsequent for science press releases claimed it was the answer to all I ever wanted.

After completing the majority of missions.. I was lost.

It's 110-115°F and  I work through the moee mild temperatures. My evening are spent reading or gaming. 

KSP2 had me rudderleds for a bit in terms of gaming tastes. It had failed to deliver on the gameplay loop I most enjoyed.. & many of the immersion features which made the KSP1 experience so satisfying.. were not merely absent, but purposefully Omitted.

I do not know all the intrinsic minutiea of KSP1 developement, or be able to give detailed accounts of what's going on behind the hood. Do not work in Aerospace & hate flight simulators... but Kerbals are my bag.

My bipolar has dipped into a depressive episode I cannot loveing shake. Until the day after WARN.

For some reason I came home after work with a new mind for a mod build. Spent days curating the list.. fired it up and have been playing KSP1 again.

That.. is why I am happy KSP2 is dead. My weakness has been overlooked. My first love has forgiven my fleeting moments of infidelity and accepted me back with open arms.

KSP1 .. I missed you.

4 hours ago, Vl3d said:

KSP 2 is a good game and a lot of work went into it. I doubt it will all just be discarded. The mind space and unreleased stuff is really a gold mine, there's nothing like it on the market. So I'm 100% sure the game will eventually be fine.

I won't reitirate what @Gargamelsaid, but honestly..this is just copium at this point. The Kerbal Space Program IP has been tainted by this godawful sequel and will remain that way for years to come. KSP2 is pretty much dead. The last steamDB update was 3 days ago and it is Thursday. The company has shut down, Take Two is sweeping this under the rug and you should just accept that.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Vl3d said:

KSP 2 is a good game and a lot of work went into it. 

You got it half right. Yes, a lot of work went into it. Good game? I think you may be talking about KSP1.

Edited by Observe

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I'm not sure if you're being serious with this thread or not, I know you were extremely enthusiastic, to put it mildly, about KSP2 pre-release

I'm very serious. Even if I'm the last person on this forum that thinks KSP 2 will be the greatest game ever made.. I'll never give up on it.

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

I'm very serious. Even if I'm the last person on this forum that thinks KSP 2 will be the greatest game ever made.. I'll never give up on it.

Well, good on ya then.   I wish I could share the enthusiasm, so keep it up for the rest of us.  

Jeb. 12:345:  "And when the weak men left us in despair, the only man standing kept praying for all of us in the desert. Where the Kraken remains were lying, he kept praying."

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Jeb. 12:345:  "And when the weak men left us in despair, the only man standing kept praying for all of us in the desert. Where the Kraken remains were lying, he kept praying."

@Nate Simpson

Posted (edited)

Jeb 01:234:
"And once the man called @Vegatoxi came to their town, and started teaching them that no renegades of the First Game would see a success, the success won't come into the home of untrue Another Game, and they should not follow blindly the way of heresy, as that uncertain trail would fool them, and lead them into the swamp behind the rocks, them will lead there.
But they were laughing at him, and throwing stones at him, and made him run away from their town from the stoning, from the town of those who had left The First Game to delight their eyes and hearts with Another Game, which wasn't given to them, but was made by people who were competing the First Game from their vanity.
And @Vegatoxi left their town with sadness and sorrow in his heart, sprinkling ashes on his head, as he was seeing that his word can't touch the hard hearts of the False Another Game believers, their hearts can't be softened by his words of exhortation."

Jeb 23:456:
"And the people of the town which had fallen into heresy started crying: Look, N-TE S-N, we are left by everyone, and we are thirsty for water and supplies, and we need the colonies to live there, and the multiplayer is not connecting us in the desert, we are alone, and nobody helps us!
But the rocks were keeping silence, and the swamp was silent, and nobody responded their cries and complaints, because the First One, The Harvester, left the worldly needs for His Own aims and paths, and the true believers of the First Team, making the First Game, didn't respond, because they were scattered around after the Heresy."

Edited by kerbiloid

On 7/5/2024 at 5:38 AM, kerbiloid said:

Group prayer on Bop?

On 7/1/2024 at 7:38 PM, rebel-1 said:

And what is the gratitude for? The project is a complete failure. An absolute failure! What should I thank them for? I am ready to thank the developers of Battletech or HomeWorld 3 again and again.

It's just a game.

On 7/4/2024 at 5:52 PM, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I do not have the certainty of the Eternal optimist. Life sucks. That fact has predispositioned me to doubt and cynism.

I feel relieved that it's over. The graphic overhaul of KSP2 initially had me quite excited.. the subsequent for science press releases claimed it was the answer to all I ever wanted.

After completing the majority of missions.. I was lost.

It's 110-115°F and  I work through the moee mild temperatures. My evening are spent reading or gaming. 

KSP2 had me rudderleds for a bit in terms of gaming tastes. It had failed to deliver on the gameplay loop I most enjoyed.. & many of the immersion features which made the KSP1 experience so satisfying.. were not merely absent, but purposefully Omitted.

I do not know all the intrinsic minutiea of KSP1 developement, or be able to give detailed accounts of what's going on behind the hood. Do not work in Aerospace & hate flight simulators... but Kerbals are my bag.

My bipolar has dipped into a depressive episode I cannot loveing shake. Until the day after WARN.

For some reason I came home after work with a new mind for a mod build. Spent days curating the list.. fired it up and have been playing KSP1 again.

That.. is why I am happy KSP2 is dead. My weakness has been overlooked. My first love has forgiven my fleeting moments of infidelity and accepted me back with open arms.

KSP1 .. I missed you.

I mean this in the most sincere way possible, you could turn away from the computer for a bit instead, then maybe game-related drama wouldn't be so upsetting.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

It's just a game.

I mean this in the most sincere way possible, you could turn away from the computer for a bit instead, then maybe game-related drama wouldn't be so upsetting.

You have no idea how much time I spend on a computer VS engaged with the real world.

(Snip) this is advice I follow every day.

Got a nice 5 hours of yard work I  yesterday while the temps rose from a bally 90 @ 7am to 103 @ noon.

Then I can in and finished book 5 in the original  Honorverse series.

Then cooked dinner.It's funny. Despite all the "grass touched" I still love KSP1, am disappointed In KSP2 (snip)

Edited by Gargamel
Content redacted

I’m sure we will get a Kerbal Space Program 2 someday. Whether it’s continued work on the current KSP2 from a bought out/new team, or a complete remake from a new team and publisher.   It’s bound to happen.   It just might not happen anytime soon.   

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

I read soemewhere yesterday that Take2 were working on an undisclosed remake of something. Can't remember where.  I had 502 errors when i tried to post.

I think you may be referring to the following article from thegeek.games?

Is a New Mafia in Development at Take-Two alongside an Unannounced Remake? - theGeek.games

The short version:  2K animator Brett Shupe has had a lot of projects under his belt since 2022, one of which is an "upcoming unannounced remake".  Could be anything, from literally anywhere in the TTi catalog.

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I think you may be referring to the following article from thegeek.games?

Is a New Mafia in Development at Take-Two alongside an Unannounced Remake? - theGeek.games

The short version:  2K animator Brett Shupe has had a lot of projects under his belt since 2022, one of which is an "upcoming unannounced remake".  Could be anything, from literally anywhere in the TTi catalog.

It wasn't the Geek, but many gaming news websites lift news off each other. So yeah.

On 7/4/2024 at 3:06 PM, Vl3d said:

KSP 2 is a good game and a lot of work went into it. I doubt it will all just be discarded.

The community director was fired just like everyone on the team. The game is definitively dead.

On 7/1/2024 at 7:18 PM, Vl3d said:

I say that I am excited about the future of KSP 2 because this is a pivotal moment for the game. It's a hard reset.

Reinstalling KSP1 is not a hard reset. :)