Actually excited about the future of KSP 2

Vl3d

5 minutes ago, dprostock said:

He is warning that after having participated in the destruction of the Kerbal franchise, at the same time as having sunk his profession, he is now going to dedicate himself to being an Uber driver, trucks in the Canadian oil industry, or failing that, going out to fish for Spider crab in Alaska. 

Of course, he does not take responsibility (as if he had ever gone to the office) and says that Nate Simpson is a cool guy (at least he seemed that way in video conferences, no idea if he bathed or wore perfume)

Moderators removed the OP. I bet there would have been more concurrent viewers than KSP2 avg player count should there ever be a real AMA.

Cease and Desist on the Gag Violation was probably overnighted.

9 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

Moderators removed the OP.

It was not removed, it was locked due to the normal off topic bickering that erupts in most of these threads.    The thread is still there, and a second one is open.     We would rather like to see people stop making false claims about the moderators.   

51 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

We would rather like to see people stop making false claims about the moderators.   

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from a guy who knows a kid who's going with the girl who saw a moderator pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

I think it's serious.

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

We would rather like to see people stop making false claims about the moderators.  

I'm aware there's been some pretty baseless accusations thrown around recently with regards to moderators, but I'm pretty sure that this in particular is referring to the OP of the Reddit AMA original thread, which has indeed been taken down (by the unrelated Reddit moderators, not the KSP forum moderators) :) 

Edited by GluttonyReaper

22 minutes ago, GluttonyReaper said:

I'm aware there's been some pretty baseless accusations thrown around recently with regards to moderators, but I'm pretty sure that this in particular is referring to the OP of the Reddit AMA original thread, which has indeed been taken down (by the unrelated Reddit moderators, not the KSP forum moderators) :) 

Ah, ok, fair enough.    Carry on then.    :D 

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

It was not removed, it was locked due to the normal off topic bickering that erupts in most of these threads.    The thread is still there, and a second one is open.     We would rather like to see people stop making false claims about the moderators.   

Was referring to the "Reddit" 

As far as off topic.. I guess I mis understood what AMA meant.

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

Guys, don't insist, "IG" still has the property rights of Kerbal, if you want and if it suits you, they mobilize the lawyers and start actions to prevent their trademark from being used and make all forums, streaming channels and whatever wants to use their brand close by applying severe economic fines. Everything else is an illusion.

2 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

Was referring to the "Reddit" 

Yeah, that was pointed out, my apologies, but next time specify which set of mods, that way we know who should be insulted.   ;)   

4 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Yeah, that was pointed out, my apologies, but next time specify which set of mods, that way we know who should be insulted.   ;)   

10-4. Will do.

I was almost as excited for the AMA as I was for KSP2 launch. 

Seems dumpster fires are allowed to burn out on their own.

• 3 weeks later...

any sane person can see that KSP2 is dead

the dev team doesn't exist
the community team don't exist
the dude heading the whole thing was laid off
they have been trying to get rid of the IP since the closure and there are no buyers

Unless you yourself intend to fund development, you will never get KSP2

14 hours ago, AaronDoesSpace said:

Unless you yourself intend to fund development, you will never get KSP2

well i already have ksp2.

and i'm not funding it.... I'm modding it ;) 

9 hours ago, NexusHelium said:

I'm modding it ;) 

Just that one non-functional part though, yeah? You tying it into "science" or is it purely aesthetic?

I'll be damned if I try to tell anybody else what to do with their time but I'd be equally damned if I sunk any "dev time" into KSP2... It's like buying a burger at Wetherspoons and taking your own relish to make it more palatable.

Paying $50 for a game and having to finish the dev yourself is a new one though... I don't think it will catch on but you've got to admire Take 2's style :)

13 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

Just that one non-functional part though, yeah? You tying it into "science" or is it purely aesthetic?

The plan is to make everything functional at some point, yes. And for now, yes it'll just be the ring to test out the implementation of a gravity ring and a colony building block to see if a mod of this scale can actually be done in ksp2

13 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

I'll be damned if I try to tell anybody else what to do with their time but I'd be equally damned if I sunk any "dev time" into KSP2... It's like buying a burger at Wetherspoons and taking your own relish to make it more palatable.

Eh... to be honest I got more time right now then I have the right to be unproductive with :)