What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Posted (edited)

{ARA] Y3, D36 - Microscopium 2 performs the first landing on an asteroid (this is a class A asteroid enlarged by Galaxies Unbound)

SDD8VrR.jpeg

Y3, D168 - Castor City, a permanent colony composed of 20-meter "Atlas" domes, is built entirely on Minmus using only local resources (MKS + Extraplanetary Launchpads)

D02sSXv.jpeg

(comparison with the old Castor Base before it was recycled into Material Kits)

TGTJ1Gs.jpeg

Edited by Pipcard

I built the Hail Mary  from the book Project Hail Mary, by Andy Weir.

xzVAaox.jpeg

The final version is more refined, and the centrifuge does work. It's a fickle beast but it only needs to work once for my project.

Spoiler

Then for fun, I built the other ship which shows up...

g6yPBqF.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Ticked over 1,000 hours (not that it is all active... I'd be coasting to Minmus and go to the shops and come back four hours later...).

My 2024 game BSOD'd and corrupted the save file, so my Duna, Dres & Eve missions were for nought.  So I started again, twice.  Once on 10% science return (Don't.  Just don't...) and again on 30% (which seems to be working ok).  My rocket files weren't corrupted, fortunately.

Still loads to explore.

Edited by Mickel

Been rewatching Battlestar Galactica, 20 years since the last series and got inspired.

So far I have created a Mk I single, a Mk I two seater and a Mk VII  that are fully functional. ( except for their own internals, I don't seem to enjoy making them so I leave them till last.)

And new style Cylon Raider that I need to chop up and rig so that it flies in a practical fashion. Most of the pictures I found to work from were of a special version someone had made so mine is part that and part TV series.

xjagSlc.jpeg

0p5ezqn.jpeg

Ck3qvqd.png

I rescued some long lost kerbals stranded on the top of the Mun!

Hy9ZdIO.pngFqHIvpe.pngESCXG70.pngH58nYtF.pngisHqasG.png4a3uxHH.pngQjVL9NA.pngJQgAH5I.pngXI4HjI2.png

And I made a monstrosity truly worthy of the title "Untitled Space Craft".
It can carry 52 kerbals to orbit!

ta8TNaZ.pngavwNnBu.pngD3iXKQg.pngDKcMtbv.pngxblcbfa.pngRkRhvMt.pngSiAEKIm.pngundLTjH.pngCDnmcyD.png

Surprisingly, everyone survived!

10 hours ago, Kimera Industries said:

hdQA004.jpeg

The Hail Mary (centrifuge demo only, though) is finished. I might upload a video soon.

Excellent! Also, really small detail, but how the triangular structural panel fits in perfectly with the double fuselage adapters for the engine segment is just so satisfying. :D

1 hour ago, TwoCalories said:

Also, really small detail, but how the triangular structural panel fits in perfectly with the double fuselage adapters for the engine segment is just so satisfying. :D

I know! :) There were a lot of parts that worked out well for this ship. 

Ever wanted a VTOL fighter aircraft, but tired of the issues with robotics parts or extra engines? Try making a tail-sitter!

g8SKH6I.jpeg

The HX-TSV-01 [WARNING: TOP SECRET: YOU WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL SECURITY BREACHES] is just that: an incredibly simple plane, highly maneuverable and fast. It's the literal embodiment of the KISS design philosophy.

hqAScHa.jpeg

It effortlessly transitions between horizontal and vertical flight, and its small footprint makes it ideal for cramped carriers.

msFlze6.jpeg

(Me struggling to land :D)

YFVwpx4.jpeg

Pre-order your squadron today, for only :funds:30,000 per unit!

[REMINDER: TOP SECRET: YOU WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL SECURITY BREACHES. THIS ADVERTISEMENT IS INTENDED FOR TOP-TIER PERSONNEL ONLY.]

This advertisement material is owned by the Hadley Corporation. Per the terms set in the Hadley-DoD Agreement, you are required to destroy this material after use. Thank you and have a nice day.

The Hadley Corporation also offers a slimmer variant of the HX-TSV-01:

BRrm9ac.jpeg

Built using standard Mk 2 fuselage pieces, the HX-TSV-01A has a lighter airframe and better performance. Now capable of supercruising at Mach 1.1 and reaching speeds of up to Mach 3 on afterburner, it makes for an unmatched interceptor.

hFVBa9j.jpeg

Thanks to the lower weight, VTOL can now be performed without afterburner as well.

[REMINDER: TOP SECRET: YOU WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL SECURITY BREACHES. THIS ADVERTISEMENT IS INTENDED FOR TOP-TIER PERSONNEL ONLY.]

This advertisement material is owned by the Hadley Corporation. Per the terms set in the Hadley-DoD Agreement, you are required to destroy this material after use. Thank you and have a nice day.

screenshot302.jpg 

This rather bland screenshot features the Superstorm, my sleekest spaceplane yet. At around 50 tons of liftoff mass, it packs an SSTA package on just 2 RAPIER engines. There's a 10-degree offset NERV between the RAPIERs to avoid thrust torque in vacuum and a tiny rover in the Mk2 cargo bay. The spaceplane flies about as well as you'd imagine with all these wings (stall speed could not be measured), and somehow does not have a travelling CoM. It's a surprisingly useful, beautiful and stable spaceplane for me, who can usually only manage any two of the three.  

The upgrades for Everyone program gets under way with a mission to the Mun on an upgraded booster.

xAYA2LG.png

Lener does some science .

MSZI41W.png

The new lander can carry surface experiments.

HSpOJQ5.png

Lener heads back to orbit and catches a view of Kerbin on the way up

P1pQUsM.png

Science gets transferred 

Ny9HNwf.png

And the mission concludes with 2 good chutes

5fBtn85.png

2 hours ago, SpacePixel said:

screenshot302.jpg 

This rather bland screenshot features the Superstorm, my sleekest spaceplane yet. At around 50 tons of liftoff mass, it packs an SSTA package on just 2 RAPIER engines. There's a 10-degree offset NERV between the RAPIERs to avoid thrust torque in vacuum and a tiny rover in the Mk2 cargo bay. The spaceplane flies about as well as you'd imagine with all these wings (stall speed could not be measured), and somehow does not have a travelling CoM. It's a surprisingly useful, beautiful and stable spaceplane for me, who can usually only manage any two of the three.  

That's the most beautiful plane I've ever seen in my life. It sounds amazing, too. 

LJP410 crew is about half done hopping around Duna for science and anomalies. I can't be lackadaisical with nuclear engines, an annoying atmosphere and JNSQ size. I have "not landed" several times.  To stay stable, I need to transfer fuel forward for ascent and pump it aft when flipping at AP. Long distance flights take up to 4 km/s dV. Got many nice screenshots though.

aFaV3tC.png

8rQijd2.png

Spoiler

HES5ebl.jpeg

VEpG9ZB.jpeg

R7fTEnz.jpeg

qJZOMuG.jpeg

zeV9SWI.jpeg

Going to Ike for an ore hauling contract

CyNK572.jpeg

zVmYAdO.png

z518K1Q.jpeg

AhYvkVb.jpeg

7lPivMo.jpeg

YgMpb7k.jpeg

SC9xG5K.jpeg

qnVmtoz.png

Nvi39bn.jpeg

L0LXLBj.jpeg

The pale blue dot of Kerbin overhead at dawn

bPytUuJ.png

z8QLPDs.jpeg

9 hours ago, SpacePixel said:

screenshot302.jpg 

The plane is beautiful, and the picture is beautiful as well! What visual mods and TUFX profile are you using?

@TwoCalories, @Kimera Industries thank you for the kind words and I managed to snap a picture which looks a little better to my taste:

screenshot338.jpg 

The TUFX profile is Lighthouse 2 I think from this pack, and clouds are Blackrack's volumetrics. I tweaked no settings, but I do photoshop the colors in my screenshots. I guess one could tweak TUFX and PlanetShine to achieve the same end result, but more often than not I go for a particular feel and Lighthouse 2 offers a great baseline from which you can go pretty much anywhere.

A Mission to the last unvisited biome on Minmus. The polar one

6CbzLdJ.png

Capture at Minmus

nMs51Nd.png

There is not much to choose from in LZ's. Anything resembling flat will do.

mF7YAiR.png

But like golfing, I hit the hole between the mountains, landed and was able to explore a bit.

bWlzkYg.png

Time to leave. We landed in shadow and the batteries were draining. So it was grab what science we could and hope sunlight will eventualy  allow the surface experiment to work.

SzndlJS.png

But after that, routine operations ending in a successful landing

DhbKhoU.png

I got inspired by @Kimera Industries and decided to build a Hail Mary replica of my own. This is how it's going so far:

Oh wait I don't know how to paste pictures :/. Can someone help?

Long story short, it mostly works, but it's very vigorous in some edge cases. Also it's 2.5m instead of the 1.25m version that Kimera Industries made. I think it's more realistic.

11 hours ago, ironcal67 said:

Long story short, it mostly works, but it's very vigorous in some edge cases. Also it's 2.5m instead of the 1.25m version that Kimera Industries made. I think it's more realistic.

I would have done 2.5m but I don't have Tweakscale, so I stuck with 1.25m because it had the bi-adapter thingy.

If you go to imgur.com/upload, you can browse your files until you find your screenshots folder (it's somewhere in the Steam folders) and upload pictures to Imgur. When Imgur is done uploading them, you can right-click the image and select "copy image." You can then paste it in a post.