What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

50 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Quickly slapped together a ship with an empty pod, to orbit and retrieve Jeb, I used FL-T tanks and slapped on a couple Thuds for the booster stage. I think it is the first time I've ever used them. Kind of liked them. @Sigma88 if that was YOU, I'm still in orbit awaiting April 2! 

Wut?

Finished my moon base, in a couple of days it'l be time to send the crew back to kerbin!

I also brought new crew up to my space station and brought some back down.

And really nothing else.

So I had a ship returning from Dres. I was doing other things meantime. I forgot that the ship had ISRU running. There is a bug in KSP that if you leave ISRU on a ship that is simulating in the background, for a long time, it will explode when you switch back to it. And no amount of struts will help. Even KJR won't help.

So I have six Kerbals now, orbiting the sun in a lone, powerless command module now. Cursed mission.

So another rescue. The module doesn't even have a docking port anymore, will use the claw for the first time. Sending a vessel to pick them up. Hope they have enough snacks to make it.

Edit: Yikes, the explosion threw the lone command module on a long orbit with Ap near Jool's orbit! MechJeb says ETA over a year using already tweaked engines. Cheat time.

Edited by Kerbital

21 hours ago, Bornholio said:

send three man ship to orbit, forget not playing RSS size

I got a good laugh out of this :D

10 hours ago, DDRocketsInc said:

Moho Express Mk II managed flyby and transmitted science back to Kerbin.

That pic looks suspiciously like Dres...

As for me, I am playing RSS size, and I finally got my latest lifter to work. Rook will put 50 tons into LEO. More than enough to send up the core of my fuel depot space station, OS Bedrich Smetana, which is 30 tons dry but add a 10 ton ( :o ) fairing and some fuel for good measure. I still have to make the stage separations on the lifter less explosioney though.

Putting our new lifter to use, launching OS Bedrich Smetana

MOAR BOOMS!

OS Bedrich Smetana in 300 km Low Earth Orbit, ready for additional modules and visiting ships

So after my previous save died ( I checked for the autosave but decided that there was something rong with it anyway, something seemed to be making it buggy and crashy!) So I booted up a new game and tried out 10 times scale!

My first real scale orbit, a tiny probe about 1 tonne

HUGE LAUNCHER!!

UgJeB0K.jpgTiny probe

dRdkDOH.jpg 

This is just to get a simple 4 tonne craft to orbit

e48jDxM.jpgaVAg4Rg.jpgcIDMZyJ.jpg

Reentry speed is about 7,500m/s so burns through a whole heat shield and then some! 

sBa4n24.jpg

Then for laughs I Built a shuttle for this scale! It's ugly, can't carrymuch payload and return from orbit is hairy!

VhCNdSL.jpgowKDyKe.jpg

I put about 6 hours into this save just to try it out. 10 times is fun, challenging, but I have a few issues with it. Mainly I feel that a lot of the stock balancing just does not hold (SRBs are a good example!) and I don't have the hardware to go full RSS/RO at the moment!  This leads to the next issue, there are quite a few parts I simply did not use, and likely would never in this scale )like almost all the 1.25m equipment, that's why I made the shuttle!

So yeah probably going back to 6.4, or maybe even 4 times!

7 minutes ago, Kertech said:

So after my previous save died ( I checked for the autosave but decided that there was something rong with it anyway, something seemed to be making it buggy and crashy!) So I booted up a new game and tried out 10 times scale!

I put about 6 hours into this save just to try it out. 10 times is fun, challenging, but I have a few issues with it. Mainly I feel that a lot of the stock balancing just does not hold (SRBs are a good example!) and I don't have the hardware to go full RSS/RO at the moment!  This leads to the next issue, there are quite a few parts I simply did not use, and likely would never in this scale )like almost all the 1.25m equipment, that's why I made the shuttle!

So yeah probably going back to 6.4, or maybe even 4 times!

Change up to using SMURFF  or other mods to get a realistic tank mass fraction.  Try out SaceY for solids.  Cryoengines are good for midgame.  If you are not running FAR atmosphere is a bit soupy too.  My machine is not great either but its all doable.  I just leave off all the eye candy mods.  I used the 1.25m stuff a lot for early manned stuff and return craft. Manned return from Venus was one place I can't imagine not using that scale.

RO/RP-0 is great but its a lot of complexity.  1.2.2 is getting closer but it is not ready yet (MJ is broke by it).  Discovering KSP RSs RO RP-0 (Mobylette Space Industries) is a great example of current gameplay in it.

1)launched the game 

2)entered VAB

3)built weird construction

4)failed to space

5)Alt+F4'd

I really need to start new career. Almost two real years is enough, I'm bored as hell

Edited by The Aziz

14 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Wut?

Never mind. I thought it was one of your pranks but I'm just an idiot. You can't do a reentry burn if you have no electricity. In the length of time it took Jeb to do a 30 m spacewalk, I lost all power. I little solar panel would have been a good idea. Uhm, rescue mission?

With the concept validation iteration holding up well at KSC the first missions to establish Munbase were flown.

screenshot163_zpsfjpczqg9.png

Despite arriving at night the controllers were able to use the PARKERE system to help line up the MOM.s.

screenshot164_zpsuokacwpc.png

With the core modules in place mining and ore storage are being prepped for launch.

Meanwhile back at KSC trials are being held of a rover docking system to remove the need for EVA's and mucking about with pipes. The engineers have already pointed out they will have to EVA anyway if it keeps breaking wheels...

screenshot167_zpsdidez02b.png

1 hour ago, Red Shirt said:

Never mind. I thought it was one of your pranks but I'm just an idiot. You can't do a reentry burn if you have no electricity. In the length of time it took Jeb to do a 30 m spacewalk, I lost all power. I little solar panel would have been a good idea. Uhm, rescue mission?

there was an april's fools easter egg, but I didn't see anyone reporting it on the forums