[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 8:49 AM, AdrianDogmeat said:

Early 2000 ISS

screenshot1060.png?ex=65398ce7&is=652717

screenshot1062.png?ex=65398ce7&is=652717

screenshot1063.png?ex=65398ce7&is=652717

It's... it's.... it's beautiful.....
also makes me think of what the ISS was going to be back in the 1990s during planning, especially the top russian module looking like Priroda mixed with the SPP (or Science Power Platform) from the early designs

I have been playing with this mod since last year and I LOVE it. However, I noticed that you cannot download the latest version of this mod from Spacedock, which I believe is a little inconvenient for a Spacedock user like me. Could you maybe update the version?

On 9/4/2023 at 9:24 PM, ThatGust said:

Excuse me for asking but, is Venera-2 in the mod? Yesterday i kitbashed one and just found out you were working on one, thanks in advance 

Edit: My TantaresSP was outdated, sorry for the inconveniencies.

My TantaresSP is fully updated, and I do not have any of these parts in my game. Is there a separate place to download a latest version besides GitHub? I do not know where you went to get a more updated version of the mod that includes Venera 2 parts.

8 hours ago, Noname115 said:

My TantaresSP is fully updated, and I do not have any of these parts in my game. Is there a separate place to download a latest version besides GitHub? I do not know where you went to get a more updated version of the mod that includes Venera 2 parts.

Coatl has some Venera-/Vega-Parts:

On 11/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, Alpha_star said:

I have been playing with this mod since last year and I LOVE it. However, I noticed that you cannot download the latest version of this mod from Spacedock, which I believe is a little inconvenient for a Spacedock user like me. Could you maybe update the version?

The "Raw" version on GitHub has those parts, and they are 99% complete (same for Soyuz). Unfortunately I can't commit to finishing anything right now - life gets in the way!

I've been considering making my own "Tantares Extended" (Not the name of the mod), as I believe Tantares lacks some features I want, namely Pre-Sputnik sounding rockets, and more LEO satellites. Any thoughts on this?

3 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

Я подумывал о том, чтобы сделать свой собственный "Tantares Extended" (это не название мода), так как я считаю, что Tantares не хватает некоторых функций, которые я хочу, а именно ракет, звучащих до Спутника, и большего количества низкоорбитальных спутников. Что вы думаете по этому поводу?

I think it would be great to add the old concept of the Garnet or Spectrum-UV telescope from 1989.

Edited by Yaroslav

Hello Beale

It has been a long time.  Last time I was here was 2021, but I am glad to see this mod is still under development.  One thing I would like to point out, I am not sure if you noticed, but all the Soyuz and LOK fuel tanks are set to crossfeed = false (the vehicle tanks, not the LV tanks.).  This means that while they carry fuel that fuel isn't actually accessible making the part useless.  Well if you empty the fuel in the VAB you can use it for decoration.  This has been the case for several versions now.

This isn't a problem for me, I have gone into all 4 of those tanks and just removed this line from the config.  Since they are still in there, it seems like you haven't noticed?

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you are aware if you were not already.  I didn't have time to search back through the thread so I hope I am not pointing the same thing out for the 100th time.

Leszek

Edited by Leszek

12 hours ago, Hypersonic Was Taken Again said:

Have you considered the LEK Energia proposal, or potentially further variants of the N1? (Like the N1M Series?)

Love that idea. I've always wanted an LEK or LEK based lunar bases for KSP. N1M is interesting, but personally I'd rather a Vulkan rocket family. I think I remember Beale talking about Vulkan, saying they'd love to add it but it's quite similar to Zenit. Also I do remember (more sceptical of this memory, my memory sucks lol) Beale talking about an LEK energia thing earlier but I don't know what culminated afterwards, maybe they're going to work on it, maybe not, I don't remember.

14 hours ago, Hypersonic Was Taken Again said:

Have you considered the LEK Energia proposal, or potentially further variants of the N1? (Like the N1M Series?)

I just read into both of those a while ago, they would be awesome to have in the mod. Kitbashing them is really hard, especially the lander.

On 11/23/2023 at 3:15 AM, Leszek said:

Hello Beale

It has been a long time.  Last time I was here was 2021, but I am glad to see this mod is still under development.  One thing I would like to point out, I am not sure if you noticed, but all the Soyuz and LOK fuel tanks are set to crossfeed = false (the vehicle tanks, not the LV tanks.).  This means that while they carry fuel that fuel isn't actually accessible making the part useless.  Well if you empty the fuel in the VAB you can use it for decoration.  This has been the case for several versions now.

This isn't a problem for me, I have gone into all 4 of those tanks and just removed this line from the config.  Since they are still in there, it seems like you haven't noticed?

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you are aware if you were not already.  I didn't have time to search back through the thread so I hope I am not pointing the same thing out for the 100th time.

Leszek

Dear god! This was not fun to read! :D
Thanks for flagging this to attention, and apologies if I missed this bug if reported before.

I have released a patched version, all fuelcrossfeed = false has been removed, except for decouplers.

Tantares 25.2 for KSP 1.12.X

This Update:
    - Fixed bug where certain parts were incorrectly marked FuelCrossfeed = False

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/releases/tag/v25.2

dnBtXKc.png

Okay, what about the actual update you disgusting hack fraud?

Yes, sorry for teasing a bunch of fancy new Soyuz rework and then vanishing (though, you can get them right now if you download the latest GitHub branch).
I've bought a new house, started a new job, changed my citizenship, then started a new job again, which tends to make me focus on one hobby or the other (and sad to say KSP lost out this time).

I'm hoping to give y'all the finished Soyuz, and 3MV Venera probe parts in December, but I can't promise nuffin.

Beyond that (and I know I've said this a million times) I'd like to move on to KSP 2 modding after this. Whenever that becomes a thing, if it becomes a thing?
Tantares is nearly 10 years old now, which is very cool! But, I was in my 20s when starting it, and now I'm a flabby middle-aged person, so I'd really like to move onto something a bit fresher :)

9AVHoDG.png

IzOc2e8.png

Edited by Beale