[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

Some off-topic content has been removed, and other content moved to the separate thread linked above.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:21 PM, steve_v said:

That is, frankly, ridiculous.

There are good reasons for the add-on posting rules (practical as well as legal). We realize that those reasons may not be obvious to someone who's neither a mod author nor a forum maintainer, and that's perfectly understandable. If you're having difficulty understanding the reasons and would like to learn more and/or suggest ways to improve, then you're welcome to ask and discuss as much as you like, over in the Add-on Discussions forum (feel free to start a thread, if you like). This thread, however, is about this particular mod, so a general discussion about forum rules is off topic here; please take such discussion elsewhere.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this mod, but if an update will be done please accept my humble sugestion: No spoilers in the contract :kiss:!

The thrill from seeing a anomaly "for the first time" is so nice! I mean, the instruments spoted the object, the lander (or the rover) is closing but I dont know that exactly the object is. I love this, I feel like I´m a real explorer.

But the contract shows:

"Investigate a Munar crash site

We've detected a signal similar to the arctic UFO you discovered, but this time on the Mun.  We'd like to find out what's out there.

Investigate a crashed vessel."

It kills the suprise, don´t you agree?

Edited by RichardD
Add love in the text

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 5:15 PM, arcaios26 said:

@nightingale hey, I was just curious if there is any plans to continue work on this pack? If not I was wondering if you would be ok with a revival? I was planning to see if I could get the Jool stuff working again and get it recompiled for current version.

This is my favorite contract pack, and I'd love to see a continuation or revival! This is one of those threads Ive been keeping a hopeful eye on!

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everyone knows, I haven't forgotten about this pack.  The goal is to get Contract Configurator working properly on KSP 1.10 (biggest issue being vessel spawning), then revisit this.  What needs to be done:

• Fix the Jool stuff (it's seriously broken, and it's more than just vessel spawning).
  • Add randolith support
  • Go through this thread for other suggestions (I see a few valid things from just skimming).

On 8/4/2020 at 12:38 PM, nightingale said:

Just so everyone knows, I haven't forgotten about this pack.  The goal is to get Contract Configurator working properly on KSP 1.10 (biggest issue being vessel spawning), then revisit this.  What needs to be done:

• Fix the Jool stuff (it's seriously broken, and it's more than just vessel spawning).
  • Add randolith support
  • Go through this thread for other suggestions (I see a few valid things from just skimming).

That would be amazing! This was always one of my old favorite contract packs.

• 4 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 3:38 AM, nightingale said:

just wondering what other things you had in mind? Was it changing details on contracts or was it more to do with the location of things?
Also just noticed a  few commits to the github source a few months back. Did you want anyone to compile a version to test or is it not worth it yet?

Edited by cyberKerb

Yeah I've been using this one in my 1.10 game and it's fine. The only problem I've had so far is that the last Mun monolith (#7 total I think?) the marker was a couple hundred meters too high.

I know about the Jool monolith problems so I'm just not going to accept that contract until it's fixed. But as an anomaly checklist/guide this pack is fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 8:51 PM, Superfluous J said:

Yeah I've been using this one in my 1.10 game and it's fine. The only problem I've had so far is that the last Mun monolith (#7 total I think?) the marker was a couple hundred meters too high.

I know about the Jool monolith problems so I'm just not going to accept that contract until it's fixed. But as an anomaly checklist/guide this pack is fantastic.

Do you know if this works in KSP 1.11? I would test it myself but I'm a little too busy at the moment and my KSP install is really modded.

18 hours ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Do you know if this works in KSP 1.11? I would test it myself but I'm a little too busy at the moment and my KSP install is really modded.

I'm using it in my current series on YouTube and so far (all Kerbin anomalies) it's been exactly the same as it was in 1.10

I expect that to continue, up to and including "Don't do the Jool Monolith Mission"

Edited by Superfluous J

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Anyone have the coords for the new easter eggs and launch sites in the current patch? I'd love to add them in to this pack.

Here you go ;) :

I'd put them in a txt file so no one accidentally clicks an spoiler and sees the locations.

Edited by Overlocker96

9 hours ago, Overlocker96 said:

Here you go ;) :

I'd put them in a txt file so no one accidentally clicks an spoiler and sees the locations.

Are the first two on Kerbin? I hadn't heard of those yet, not sure what body they go on.

I've created a few updated contracts that work with this pack to add the new anomalies from 1.12 in, until/unless such time as the pack is officially updated.
If you find any bugs in these, let me know - I just did a quick cheatthrough and they seem to work ok. The altitudes of the waypoints may need tweaking, direct message me any feedback/fixes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m54h23ooqugfsk0/UpdatedAnomolies.zip?dl=0

Just put the .cfg files in your GameData/ContractPacks/AnomalySurveyor directory. The contracts on Kerbin require you to reach space, and the ones beyond Kerbin require you to have orbited the respective body before becoming available. The contract rewards are modest/simple, mostly just pointing the way to the new goodies rather than giving some huge artificial funds/science boost.

Edited by tjsnh

• 1 year later...
On 6/29/2021 at 4:00 AM, tjsnh said:

I've created a few updated contracts that work with this pack to add the new anomalies from 1.12 in, until/unless such time as the pack is officially updated.
If you find any bugs in these, let me know - I just did a quick cheatthrough and they seem to work ok. The altitudes of the waypoints may need tweaking, direct message me any feedback/fixes.

Just put the .cfg files in your GameData/ContractPacks/AnomalySurveyor directory. The contracts on Kerbin require you to reach space, and the ones beyond Kerbin require you to have orbited the respective body before becoming available. The contract rewards are modest/simple, mostly just pointing the way to the new goodies rather than giving some huge artificial funds/science boost.

Can you reupload the file please ? Link shows deleted for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 2:00 AM, tjsnh said:

I would love if you could re-upload this!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.