Nyan Cat in the loading screen? Am i tripping?

milosv123344

Things are back to normal.  The anomaly has disappeared.  The Kerbals should be meeting to discuss options in case it returns: would not want to risk, among other things, a collision between the intruder and one of their craft.

8 hours ago, Razorforce7 said:

^Just my two cents.

You forgot to talk about me making all this to build up my ego and save myself from a meaningless life.

9 hours ago, jros83 said:

No that is not the point. People were doing this same thing with the same mod with another splash screen a while ago, and it had nothing to do with April 1.

Some people just think it's amusing to stir people up and hope for a bunch of "omg but I don't see it how can I see it?!" comments. Annoying.

I do believe you have just lost won the "How to lose at April Fools" game. 

51 minutes ago, sarbian said:

You forgot to talk about me making all this to build up my ego and save myself from a meaningless life.

Well aside from 3 seconds of "What The he..." panic mode yesterday, I'll have to thank you for bringing a smile to my meaningless life!

Edited by gargamel

Summation: some people like the jokes and some violently hate them. Why don't we all move on now, since it won't be seen for another year anyway? 

Meanwhile, the prank threads have been merged. 

On 02/04/2017 at 10:01 AM, cgwhite4 said:

steve_v: If it can be enabled on any day of the year, can it also be disabled on any day of the year (without removing MM, that is)?

Not without modifying and recompiling the source code.
But why would you want to? 'tis just a harmless joke after all.
I really don't understand why some people get so worked up about this, it's just a cat.

19 hours ago, Razorforce7 said:

Impersonation of people who like this: Yay a new flash screen that is so L33T and whatnot and makes me rub my *bleep*. OeOeOOoowh boy this is so satisfying, my whole day is a sudden success now.

Grip: lost. :confused:

Edited by steve_v

8 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Not without modifying and recompiling the source code.

Change the date on your computer?

(Of course, that's just too much effort for me to go to to avoid a silly little amusement.  Not that I am usually around the computer during the loading screen, anyway.)

12 minutes ago, razark said:

Change the date on your computer?

You could, but most machines will automatically correct it via NTP (or whatever time.winblows,com uses). Changing the system time also tends to have unforeseen consequences, particularly if moved backwards.
I would consider recompiling ModuleManager less hassle, and neither worth the effort to remove a once a year joke.

28 minutes ago, horace said:

nayan cat not= to april fool's day

nyan cat == April fools, running ModuleManager on an unsupported KSP version (e.g. prerelease), or Sarbian just felt like stirring up the forum today.

22 hours ago, cgwhite4 said:

Things are back to normal.  The anomaly has disappeared.  The Kerbals should be meeting to discuss options in case it returns: would not want to risk, among other things, a collision between the intruder and one of their craft.

Oh, no, they never do, at least not for me:

On 01/04/2017 at 3:25 PM, steve_v said:

You can have an april fools loading screen any time you like, just add -nyan-nyan to your KSP launch options. :D

:D 

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

nyan cat == April fools, running ModuleManager on an unsupported KSP version (e.g. prerelease), or Sarbian just felt like stirring up the forum today.

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

Sarbian just felt like stirring up the forum tod

:P

steve_v: Understood.  At least things are back to normal and likely to remain that way for some time.  Back to eliminating space junk, finalizing my Extraplanetary Launchpads supported colony on Dres, and sending a drill rig to my colony on Pol to enable refueling from there.  Over and out.