[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

i found a weird issue where the magnetic field survey of the Mun contract doesn't seem to register my inclination as correct despite it being correct AFAIK. I don't know what logs to provide exactly but if you need them I can go looking,

You're right, logs aren't gonna help. Screenshots of the contract objectives and a readout of your actual orbital situation with KER may help however.

38 minutes ago, yut said:

Hello, I used your mod, one of Saturn V's mods. His engine is always overheating, even if I set the throttle to 30%, he's still overheating.

Hello, if you are using Kopernicus too: the bleeding edge dev version (and i think some of the newest releases too) has at the moment a bugged heating system. I didn´t had problems with the sarnus engines 1 week ago but i too hadn´t any problems with the BDB Ion engine a week ago.... yesterday it detonatet in orbit because it overheatet.... just after a few Kopernicus updates.

16 minutes ago, JoeSheridan said:

你好,如果你也在使用哥白尼的话:出血边缘开发版本(我认为一些最新的版本也是如此)目前有一个安装了窃听器的加热系统。一周前我的萨努斯引擎没有问题,但一周前我也没有BDB离子引擎的任何问题。昨天它在轨道上引爆是因为它过热了..。在几次哥白尼更新之后。

Yes, I use the latest version, so it's strange why it overheats. Then I used some of the other engines and found that they overheated too.

On 12/3/2020 at 2:29 AM, Morphisor said:

You're right, logs aren't gonna help. Screenshots of the contract objectives and a readout of your actual orbital situation with KER may help however.

So it turns out I was orbiting the wrong direction around the Mun, sorry for not catching that sooner.

3 hours ago, yut said:

Yes, I use the latest version, so it's strange why it overheats. Then I used some of the other engines and found that they overheated too.

I think it will be Kopernicus or another mod problem. the BDB release itself works fine for me. Have you updated any other mods recently? it you have: revert to old versions of them or delete them.  And if you can findout which mod did cause that then you can ( if you want) contact the authors of that mods too so they can look into it and fix the heating problem :)

A workaround for the moment could be to use Mechjebs´s "prevent engine overheating" utility function. you won´t have the full throttle and have to burn longer but nothing will detonate ;) that´s how i fly my ion powered craft for the moment until Kopernicus is updated to fix this problem.

1 hour ago, hemeac said:

@Morphisor, In regards to those parts, I put a PR through to BDB a couple  weeks ago that was meant to stop B9 errors with those parts when BDB was installed alongside Kerbalism.  By any chance did you also update? 

Yeah the very last commit to the bdb dev build is in fact my own pr for a compatibility update for cls.

11 hours ago, Morphisor said:

I just updated kopernicus bleeding edge to the latest v50 release and now I'm getting those B9ps solar panel errors again for the mariner2 and OAO parts. @R-T-B is this expected behaviour?

I am once again using a new, rewritten solar panel code section.  As thus, solarpanels.cfg again saw a rewrite.  So yeah, probably not unexpected, but I was hoping to avoid it.  Guess I failed lol.

I realize this is somewhat irritating.  I will see what can be done from my end soon.  On the bright side the new rewritten system actually does work as intended, so don't expect another drastic change like this any time soon.

23 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

Hello, if you are using Kopernicus too: the bleeding edge dev version (and i think some of the newest releases too) has at the moment a bugged heating system. I didn´t had problems with the sarnus engines 1 week ago but i too hadn´t any problems with the BDB Ion engine a week ago.... yesterday it detonatet in orbit because it overheatet.... just after a few Kopernicus updates.

Hmmm.  This is odd.  Are you by chance near a star when this happens?  More than one in your system?  I could use a log file report on this in my thread if someone is willing.

Edited by R-T-B

4 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Hmmm.  This is odd.  Are you by chance near a star when this happens?  More than one in your system?  I could use a log file report on this in my thread if someone is willing.

I don´t have the log on hand now but i can look later. And to your questions: There is only Kerbal itself in the system and i was in a high kerbin orbit. 

8 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

I don´t have the log on hand now but i can look later. And to your questions: There is only Kerbal itself in the system and i was in a high kerbin orbit. 

Weird.  Stock parts don't do this with me for sure.  Would appreciate that log when you can.

Strawman is finished, (apart from the fairing) and is all up on github. For anyone who doesn't know, Strawman was a signals intelligence reconnaissance satellite from the late 60's/early 70's that was agena-based. These strawman parts add a new 0.9375m to 1.25m bus/fairing for the agena, a solar panel designed to fit in the agena aft rack, some sigint experiment parts, and a few antennas. Here are some pics:
Sanbnp0.png
pG4N5yU.png
Some more pics:

Spoiler

FaIqDCE.png
2ftINrc.png
0EnJXmK.png
KwKC44U.png
JIQ7ItE.png
P5oUwM8.png

Edited by Invaderchaos

9 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Strawman is finished, (apart from the fairing) and is all up on github. For anyone who doesn't know, Strawman was a signals intelligence reconnaissance satellite from the late 60's/early 70's that was agena-based. These strawman parts add a new 0.9375m to 1.25m bus/fairing for the agena, a solar panel designed to fit in the agena aft rack, some sigint experiment parts, and a few antennas. Here are some pics:
Sanbnp0.png
pG4N5yU.png
Some more pics:

Hide contents

FaIqDCE.png
2ftINrc.png
0EnJXmK.png
KwKC44U.png
JIQ7ItE.png
P5oUwM8.png

Stupid question:

Will the point release be on github's dev branch or an official release on Spacedock?

2 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Stupid question:

Will the point release be on github's dev branch or an official release on Spacedock?

By a point release we mean it will be packaged together and released on Spacedock/CKAN/Github releases page. Theres still some bug fixes and a few small content updates before that happens, likely sometime after KSP 1.11

10 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Sanbnp0.png
pG4N5yU.png
Some more pics:

Reveal hidden contents

FaIqDCE.png
2ftINrc.png
0EnJXmK.png
KwKC44U.png
JIQ7ItE.png
P5oUwM8.png

So cool!!

3 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Congrats on getting this in. The animations  all look great, and the solar panels are a huge addition to the Agena. Thanks for working on this! 

Yea I’m happy it turned out well. As for agena solar panels... I might make just a couple more that will be a somewhat more generic then Strawman.

3 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Yea I’m happy it turned out well. As for agena solar panels... I might make just a couple more that will be a somewhat more generic then Strawman.

Wow thanks for these parts, they look amazing!  Any chance you will be doing the wrap around half circle  tube stacked tracking panel like depicted on most of the later KH-8 Gambit satellites?

KH-8_GAMBIT_3_(Block_3_&_4).jpg

Edited by Pappystein