[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

10 hours ago, Biggs said:

Thank you! i really appreciate the reply.
mind if i ask why they're included by default?
Thanks again!

The nuclear parts are added by default because they also work without NFE and are a meaningful component for bases, especially those that are far away from the sun :wink:

Is it possible to edit the tanks that you can fill any resource into them? I use it with kerbalism there you can fill any resource into the tanks. For example the greenhouse needs ammonia but there is no KPBS tank for it.

Edited by Z4ys

Is the Greenhouse container supposed to work on its own or is it just a container to use with the larger greenhouse part? I'm using MKS, just in case.

It says "start converter" but even if I have two scientists on board, it simply displays "zero efficiency"

I managed to write a cfg file to add support for SSPX (aka StationPartsExpansionRedux) and it's science called PlantGrowthExperiment which is available in 2 parts in that mod originally. With this cfg the KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g and the small container equivalent gets this kind of science too.

file location: ./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/SSPX/science.cfg

//------------------Station Parts Expansion Redux---------------------
@PART[KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceExperiment
		experimentID = sspxPlantGrowth
		experimentActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_PlantGrowth_Action_Name
		resetActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_PlantGrowth_Action_Reset
		useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		hideUIwhenUnavailable = True
		xmitDataScalar = 0.35
		dataIsCollectable = True
		collectActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_PlantGrowth_Action_Collect
		interactionRange = 1.85
		usageReqMaskInternal = 1
		usageReqMaskExternal = 8
	}
}

@PART[KKAOSS_LS_container_greenhouse]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
	MODULE
	{
		useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		xmitDataScalar = 0.35
		dataIsCollectable = True
		interactionRange = 1.85
		usageReqMaskInternal = 1
		usageReqMaskExternal = 8
	}
}

What do you think of it? will this be added in future?

EDIT: I also noticed the KBPS lab does not successfully clean experiments (seems the clean function there is bugged, or Bob did not work properly :D)

I noticed this log spam too:

[ERR 00:49:57.300] Exception handling event onPartActionUICreate in class ModuleScienceLab:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 00:49:57.300] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI ()
	ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (.Part p)
	EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Part)
	UIPartActionWindow:CreatePartList(Boolean)
	UIPartActionWindow:UpdateWindow()
	UIPartActionController:UpdateActiveWindows()
	UIPartActionController:UpdateFlight()
	UIPartActionController:Update()

EDIT2: I found something in the ./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Science/ScienceLab_g.cfg or here
shouldn't that be like this?

// --- editor parameters ---

Edited by LatiMacciato

On 23.3.2018 at 4:51 PM, Klirtek said:

Hello i wanted report a bug in 1.4.- when i got kerbalism mod in the some of systems dont work well like a water drill i can toggle it but i cannot start drilling

For the water drill, are you sure that there is water on the planet? Not all planets have water. So if the Drill shows that there is no water on the planet, this is intended behaviour.

You said that some systems do not work. What other systems have problems and what are the problems? I can't find the errors and fix them without more information.

14 hours ago, Z4ys said:

Is it possible to edit the tanks that you can fill any resource into them? I use it with kerbalism there you can fill any resource into the tanks. For example the greenhouse needs ammonia but there is no KPBS tank for it.

You can take a look at the configs for the KPBS/MKS Integration Pack i think it adds modular tanks.
On the long run i will have to switch to modular tanks altogether because maintaining countless of different parts with one part for each resource that is added by a mod proves to become quite exhausting 

9 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Is the Greenhouse container supposed to work on its own or is it just a container to use with the larger greenhouse part? I'm using MKS, just in case.

It says "start converter" but even if I have two scientists on board, it simply displays "zero efficiency"

Hmm, will have to look at that. Do you have the MKS+KPBS patch installed? If yes you should probably ask in its dedicated thread :wink: 

7 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

I managed to write a cfg file to add support for SSPX (aka StationPartsExpansionRedux) and it's science called PlantGrowthExperiment which is available in 2 parts in that mod originally. With this cfg the KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g and the small container equivalent gets this kind of science too.

file location: ./PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/SSPX/science.cfg

//------------------Station Parts Expansion Redux---------------------
@PART[KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
	MODULE
	{
		useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		xmitDataScalar = 0.35
		dataIsCollectable = True
		interactionRange = 1.85
		usageReqMaskInternal = 1
		usageReqMaskExternal = 8
	}
}

@PART[KKAOSS_LS_container_greenhouse]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
	MODULE
	{
		useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		xmitDataScalar = 0.35
		dataIsCollectable = True
		interactionRange = 1.85
		usageReqMaskInternal = 1
		usageReqMaskExternal = 8
	}
}

What do you think of it? will this be added in future?

EDIT: I also noticed the KBPS lab does not successfully clean experiments (seems the clean function there is bugged, or Bob did not work properly :D)

I noticed this log spam too:

[ERR 00:49:57.300] Exception handling event onPartActionUICreate in class ModuleScienceLab:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 00:49:57.300] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI ()
	ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (.Part p)
	EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Part)
	UIPartActionWindow:CreatePartList(Boolean)
	UIPartActionWindow:UpdateWindow()
	UIPartActionController:UpdateActiveWindows()
	UIPartActionController:UpdateFlight()
	UIPartActionController:Update()

EDIT2: I found something in the ./PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Science/ScienceLab_g.cfg or here
shouldn't that be like this?

// --- editor parameters ---

Thanks, will take a look at it later and also try to find the reason for the big in the Lab.

4 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

@Nils277 Do you intend to give this mod the TU PBR treatment as well?

It is planned. Will however take rather months than weeks to finish because wanted to also add specular information and bumpmaps for that.

@Apollo13 You mentioned something about a jumping central hub but deleted the post before i was able to answer. Have you solved the problem? What did you have to do, might be good to know of other with that problem appear :wink: 

@Nils277, I was testing the recent version of KPBS on the runway. A simple modular base craft was moving on the retractable mod wheels perfectly well on the runway, but when I moved a bit aside of it - on the grass - it could barely move there.

What might affect that? I had no log error spamming of else.

@Horus can you post a screenshot of your craft? When updating FUR for 1.4.1 i noticed that the wheels do behave differently. The rover tipped over more frequently. I quess they have changed something in the wheels system, most probably the friction. Maybe the friction is different depending on the surface. The landing strip would logically have more friction than the grass. Maybe the wheels are just sliding rather than rolling there

Edited by Nils277

@Apollo13 You mentioned something about a jumping central hub but deleted the post before i was able to answer. Have you solved the problem? What did you have to do, might be good to know of other with that problem appear :wink: 

I'm not sure.  IT occurred on Minmus, which has very light gravity.  There was a 3x2 solar panel that opened, partially covering the door.  When a Kerbal exited the vehicle, it bumped the panel, causing the hub to jump.  When climbing up the ladder to the door, the Kerbal would press against the solar panel, causing the hub to tilt and jump about a bit.  When I moved the solar panel, the kerbal was able to move freely in and out of the hub door.

Bottom line: I believe it was Minmus' light gravity or KSP's errant physics at fault.  You may wish to try the same experiment.  The hub weighs 9 tone.  Kerbal should not be able to move it under any circumstances.
Edited by Apollo13

40 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Bottom line: I believe it was Minmus' light gravity or KSP's errant physics at fault.  You may wish to try the same experiment.  The hub weighs 9 tone.  Kerbal should not be able to move it under any circumstances.

There's lots of things Kerbals shouldn't be able to do, yet are. Such as surviving a 6 ton lander coming down on them when it retracts its landing gear....

Edit: Or destroy utterly demolish said lander by paragliding into it at top speed!

Edited by Starwaster

Hi I wanted to report a possible bug in 1.4. For some reason my Mk2 spaceplanes no longer work (too much drag?) and I have isolated the problem to your mod. once I uninstalled it my spaceplanes worked again. Btw they were fine in 1.3 so its something in your 1.4 patch that changed it.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Starwaster said:

There's lots of things Kerbals shouldn't be able to do, yet are. Such as surviving a 6 ton lander coming down on them when it retracts its landing gear....

Edit: Or destroy utterly demolish said lander by paragliding into it at top speed!

So true.  LOL  You made my day.  Oh, and you owe me a new keyboard. I was drinking coffee when I read your post and did a spit-take.  One of those fancy, mechanical-key gaming keyboards would be much appreciated.

Edited by Apollo13

Hey! I've edited some configs of this mod for better integration with Kerbalism. I figured out that small food container and big waste container are not visible in lifesupport category; big co2 container was not added into the game; also, some processes missed in PBS IRSU. I fixed that, if you are interested, you could download all edited configs by this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbIBju7uFFVdabEryo7iiQLznz4iqjsx/view?usp=sharing

18 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, will have to look at that. Do you have the MKS+KPBS patch installed? If yes you should probably ask in its dedicated thread :wink: 

Oh, I didn't even know that patch existed. It's still not working now that it's installed, but I'll ask in that thread

22 hours ago, metzgerov said:

Hi I wanted to report a possible bug in 1.4. For some reason my Mk2 spaceplanes no longer work (too much drag?) and I have isolated the problem to your mod. once I uninstalled it my spaceplanes worked again. Btw they were fine in 1.3 so its something in your 1.4 patch that changed it.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks!

Thanks. This has been reported before from another user via PM too :wink: Already found a fix for that really strange bug. Will make a release once the other loose ends are fixed.

Update to 1.6.2

Changelog:

General:

• Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.1    

Localization:

• Added localization for italian (thanks to @Simog)
  • Updated/corrected russian localization (thanks to @Sebra)

Mod Support:

• Added support for PlantGrowthExperiment from SSPX (thanks to @LatiMacciato)
  • Enhanced support for Kerbalism (thanks to @player101)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed lights of Central Hub
  • Fixed bug in module of central hub which messed with KSPs physics
  • (Potentially) fixed NRE in ModuleScienceLab
  • Fixed several config errors

Download:

oYvtZpW.png UVVt0OP.png lMOxt2k.png

@MikeO89 The normal version of the nuclear reactor for KPBS does not even have an efficiency. (Or at least it is not showing anything in that regard) Just tested it and it seems to be working as expected.

I need some more informations about that. How does your base look like? (Craft file or screenhot would help). What other mods are you using? Are you using Near Future Electrical by any chance? It has not yet been officially updated to KSP 1.4.+ so there might/will still be bugs.

Edited by Nils277