Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

On 2/24/2019 at 11:12 AM, adsii1970 said:

I've almost given up coffee. I am down to 1 cup a day (down from about 7). I cannot imagine having to give up popcorn, too...

Glad you're feeling better.

Braces.

Which are also my complaint for today- it makes brushing your teeth way too hard and my gums are a bit inflamed. I've been paying more attention to them though, and it's going down.

14 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Braces.

Which are also my complaint for today- it makes brushing your teeth way too hard and my gums are a bit inflamed. I've been paying more attention to them though, and it's going down.

I had braces about 30 or so years ago - complete with headgear, too. I sympathize with your efforts to brush your teeth. Oh, and let's not forget the fun of the quarterly tightening of the braces... I feel for you...

(oh, and then there was the endless jokes about television and radio reception or the train track jokes...)

Speaking of teeth...

I need a root canal. One tooth has been hurting a bit in the mornings every few days, and my dentist did an X-ray. Turns out that tooth has some issues with its dental pulp. I was surprised. I was expecting it to be a result of me grinding my teeth. So I got a root canal scheduled.

Then, last friday, the tooth started hurting again. But it got worse, and hasn’t stopped since. Now the pain is mostly gone but the swelling is up too. That root canal cannot happen soon enough...

7 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Braces.

I had braces as well. The only issues I had were with the rubber bands. Those things hurt.

Edited by Bill Phil

7 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Braces.

I purposely avoided them.

My teeth seem to work fine without them.....

Complaint for the day/concern? - Haven't felt like doing much lately. Not school, not work, not really even play. Just kinda.. tired.

Edited by qzgy

10 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Speaking of teeth...

Sounds like an infection, something to be concerned about.  Infection can spread along the nerve canal and affect other teeth as well as invade into the bone/marrow.  Been there, done that, major ouch.  You should inform the dentist's office before the appointment of infection suspicions and the swelling, as they should put you on an antibiotic before having the procedure - a prophylactic measure.

An advertisement I remember that I always got a chuckle out of ... Ignore your teeth and they'll go away.

Yesterday I sneezed so hard, and in such a way, that it felt like someone punched me really hard in the throat.  It hurts to swallow, my voice sounded fine last night, but was a little weird this morning.  Talking doesn't hurt, oddly enough. 

I just sneezed again.  Ow.

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

Sounds like an infection, something to be concerned about.  Infection can spread along the nerve canal and affect other teeth as well as invade into the bone/marrow.  Been there, done that, major ouch.  You should inform the dentist's office before the appointment of infection suspicions and the swelling, as they should put you on an antibiotic before having the procedure - a prophylactic measure.

An advertisement I remember that I always got a chuckle out of ... Ignore your teeth and they'll go away.

Yeah my dentist prescribed some antibiotics.

6 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Well, here I am back at work for another day of being fed mind-numbing tasks while I sit in solitary confinement. :/

Each morning I think about how the chances that I arrive at the office to find all my colleagues standing around a freak meteor crater where the office used to be, are technically non-zero.

Or how maybe society will suffer a total systems failure and we'll all have to live post-apocalytic mad-max lives from now on.

I wonder which one is more likely?

33 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

technically non-zero

One can hope, eh?

The truth is, your office is bombarded by hundreds meteorites every day, they just happen to be smallish. 

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Sounds like you're getting old. Happens to the best of us.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Yesterday I sneezed so hard, and in such a way, that it felt like someone punched me really hard in the throat.  It hurts to swallow, my voice sounded fine last night, but was a little weird this morning.  Talking doesn't hurt, oddly enough. 

They key is to let that sneeze roar.   Let it out, let it run.   Let the people in the next town know that you, Geonovast, have sneezed.  

That's what I do, but I've been known to scare small children and animals when I sneeze.  Sounds more like battle cry than a sneeze. 

58 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Each morning I think about how the chances that I arrive at the office to find all my colleagues standing around a freak meteor crater where the office used to be, are technically non-zero.

Or how maybe society will suffer a total systems failure and we'll all have to live post-apocalytic mad-max lives from now on.

I wonder which one is more likely?

We're not that lucky.  :D

I mostly sit and imagine which of the folks who work here would be packed on the "B" ark. (Answer: Most of them.)

22 minutes ago, Shpaget said:

Sounds like you're getting old. Happens to the best of us.

I resemble this remark.

58 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I mostly sit and imagine which of the folks who work here would be packed on the "B" ark. (Answer: Most of them.)

Pff. knowing my luck and this world, I'll probably have to do a Gattaca.

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

They key is to let that sneeze roar.   Let it out, let it run.   Let the people in the next town know that you, Geonovast, have sneezed.  

That's what I do, but I've been known to scare small children and animals when I sneeze.  Sounds more like battle cry than a sneeze. 

Yeah, my wife used to complain that it hurt when she sneezed. I told her not to fight it and just let it rip. Problem solved.

6 hours ago, p1t1o said:

A warehouse I used to work in almost went kablooey when a forklift driver hit a natural gas line. And didn't even realize it! After we were evacuated I think a lot of us were hoping for a spark that never came...

It rained a lot around here today. To tell you the true, since yesterday night. And some ferocious winds. For 7 hours.

This morning, the city was in chaos. Fallen trees (damn it! it's 15 to 20 years for a replacement to grow up!) everywhere. The only place I didn't saw a fallen tree in on the subway - but sooner or later, I will see one there by how things are going here. =/

https://globoplay.globo.com/v/7413061/

(cut the sound - it's all on PT_BR anyway)

edit: The counting by now is about 411 fallen green warriors. ;.;

Edited by Lisias
body count.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:57 AM, kerbiloid said:

Only obscura, only hardcore!

Pfft, I just see the scene, remember it and describe it to others instead

22 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Why is everyone suddenly going on about teeth right when I get a moderately annoying gum inflammation!?

14 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

Pfft, I just see the scene, remember it and describe it to others instead

This is why the no. -1 lesson is "have a working eye" !

Edited by YNM

1 hour ago, DDE said:

Why is everyone suddenly going on about teeth right when I get a moderately annoying gum inflammation!?

All of them are tools of the Universe making you to visit a dentist.

(Or maybe use some miramistin.)

Edited by kerbiloid

12 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

All of them are tools of the Universe making you to visit a dentist.

(Or maybe use some miramistin.)

Did both. Had a bit of a scare because, after taking my weirdest selfie ever, I could see something awfully resembling an outright hole.

I imagine the rest of the audience is very puzzled by the mention of 0.01% solution of benzyldimethyl[3-(myristoylamino)propyl]ammonium chloride monohydrate. It’s one of those Soviet meds unheard of in Western literature.

4 minutes ago, DDE said:

I imagine the rest of the audience is very puzzled by the mention of 0.01% solution of benzyldimethyl[3-(myristoylamino)propyl]ammonium chloride monohydrate. It’s one of those Soviet meds unheard of in Western literature.

It was created for space. So, it's KSP-related.

Catch-22.
I'd really want to draw, but knowing my history with it I cannot bring up the courage, much less the motivation, to even consider actually drawing something.
I'm too afraid of failing yet again to even try it another time.

This has been pulling me down for around two months now, much longer than any other period. Yes, it occurs somewhat regularly. Though normally I can stop thinking about it after perhaps not even a week and everything's fine again.

Right now I'm sort of able to forget about it by doing something else, but as soon as that is done I'm going back to thinking about drawing, whether I want to or not.

I don't want to use the word "depression" as I don't have it myself and don't want to deny what depression really is like. Still, for lack of better words: It really feels like depression.

Edited by Delay

So, early in the year, during basketball, I was required to do film over the varsity basketball game. At halftime, I came up with a fun idea; "What if I turn boring film into a fun basketball game with commentary?" I managed to get the Athletic Director to do commentary with me, and we went on a three-game "EduCast" roll before the season ended. Now, with track coming up (First meet is tomorrow, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh) I've decided to start up an Instagram account as well as our own separate email for the 'Cast. Only problem? Gmail won't let me change the stupid profile picture of the email. RAGH