Benjamin Kerman

[1.8.x-1.9.x] Kerbal Changelog v1.2.1 (3.7.20)

In addition to the latest release, I have just figured out how to include some basic formatting in your changelog. Details can be found at https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.ugui@1.0/manual/StyledText.html

I will not be releasing this immediately, in order to include any style change requests for the in game changelog display. If no style requests come in, it will be released along with the requested .cfg->html/markdown converter also requested by zer0Kerbal.

3 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

In addition to the latest release, I have just figured out how to include some basic formatting in your changelog. Details can be found at https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.ugui@1.0/manual/StyledText.html

I will not be releasing this immediately, in order to include any style change requests for the in game changelog display. If no style requests come in, it will be released along with the requested .cfg->html/markdown converter also requested by zer0Kerbal.

If I could just have a way to indicate breaking changes in big red letters that would be great (even if it's just a bool that prints some standard text in red at the top of the changelog when true)

Hi, I'm having an issue with the current version in both KSP-1.9.1 and KSP-1.8.1

KerbalChangelog doesn't remember that I closed the display window, and insists on showing me the changelogs over and over again.

Whether I exit KSP and launch again, or if I return to the main menu from a session, the changelog is always there again. I can't remember this happening in KSP-1.8.1, with one of KCL's previous versions. I'm going to see if I can find which version I had last installed when it worked as supposed to.

Maybe you could look into this?

1 hour ago, Corax said:

Hi, I'm having an issue with the current version in both KSP-1.9.1 and KSP-1.8.1

KerbalChangelog doesn't remember that I closed the display window, and insists on showing me the changelogs over and over again.

Whether I exit KSP and launch again, or if I return to the main menu from a session, the changelog is always there again. I can't remember this happening in KSP-1.8.1, with one of KCL's previous versions. I'm going to see if I can find which version I had last installed when it worked as supposed to.

Maybe you could look into this?

That would be a problem! Could you please follow the instructions in this thread?

This will help get us sorted out in the shortest time possible. Thank you!

I installed the previous version of KChangelog, 1.1.7, and the window behaves as expected.

4 minutes ago, Corax said:

I installed the previous version of KChangelog, 1.1.7, and the window behaves as expected.

It does work in 1.1.7. However, 1.2.0 included a large rewrite of the code base, and bug reports like these are vital to ensuring that the mod functions properly. If you could send me your KSP.log after running KCL 1.2.0, I would be able to sort out this problem for the rest of the community. Thank you!

Possibly relevant part of the log

Spoiler

[...snip...]

[LOG 16:00:20.381] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KISAddonCursor' from assembly 'KIS'
[LOG 16:00:20.382] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'MainScreenTweaker' from assembly 'KIS'
[LOG 16:00:20.383] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'FMRS_Main_Menu' from assembly 'SlingShotter'
[LOG 16:00:20.386] windowPos loaded from file
[LOG 16:00:20.392] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ChangelogController' from assembly 'KerbalChangelog'
[LOG 16:00:20.398] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TRActivator' from assembly 'TextureReplacer'
[LOG 16:00:20.399] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KerbalAlarmClockTextureLoader' from assembly 'KerbalAlarmClock'
[LOG 16:00:20.399] 3/7/2020 4:00:20 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Textures
[LOG 16:00:20.408] 3/7/2020 4:00:20 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loaded Textures
[LOG 16:00:20.411] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KACEventHandler' from assembly 'kOS'
[LOG 16:00:20.412] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KerbalismCoreSystems' from assembly 'Kerbalism18'
[LOG 16:00:20.427] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 16:00:21.462] [KCL] Starting up
[LOG 16:00:21.462] [KCL] Loading changelogs...
[LOG 16:00:21.463] [KCL] malformed version string: 3.0 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.463] [KCL] malformed version string: 2.2 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.463] [KCL] malformed version string: 2.1 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.463] [KCL] malformed version string: 2.0 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.464] [KCL] malformed version string: 3.0 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.464] [KCL] malformed version string: 2.0 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.464] [KCL] malformed version string: 2.0 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.465] [KCL] malformed version string: 2.0 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.465] [KCL] malformed version string: 1.7 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.465] [KCL] malformed version string: 1.6 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.465] [KCL] malformed version string: 1.5 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[LOG 16:00:21.465] [KCL] malformed version string: 1.4 in directory UrlDir+UrlConfig
[ERR 16:00:21.468] Material doesn't have a texture property '_BumpMap'

[...snip...]

Posted (edited)

Kerbal Changelog v1.2.1 has been released for KSP 1.9.1.

This version introduces styling in changelogs, see GitHub issue #6 for more information on how to utilize it!

This version also fixes a bug found by @Corax where changelogs would be displayed when they weren't supposed to be. Thank you!

Edited by Benjamin Kerman
insert link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.