im going to call a tech support scam and troll them

eee

should i do it?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. should i sdo it/

5 hours ago, Shpaget said:

You open up yourself for potential trouble. I'd advise against it, unless you know very well what you're doing.

im using a vm, and i have the safe version of memz.

If you want to waste scammers time, much safer is to engage the ones that email you love letters, lottery winnings, and ultra rich orphans whose uncles are evil dictators. That way you can dictate the tempo to suit your desires and avoid rushing with decisions. Also they don't request access to your PC and you don't risk them being better than you.

Just because you have a VM, it doesn't mean they can't detect it and bypass it. Once you give them access via TeamSpeak, or other more nefarious remote control software, they need only a few seconds to run a script that could make you sorry you ever decided to do that. Don't think they are stupid. While the people you may be on the phone with are not the best ITs, the guys that designed the scam are most definitely not idiots and certainly gave some nasty tools to the phone operators. 

11 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Eh. I spend enough time on the phone with people of questionable intelligence and low moral integrity at work. Why would I want to do it in my free time?

ive never worked a job where i didn't feel like i was exploiting people.

Guys, if you're going to do something that's deliberately harmful and which potentially has legal ramifications, do it somewhere other than this forum, okay? We'd rather not get sued.