[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Just eve and scatterer.

Tried to use those, however I was unable to see any form of clouds on kerbin, or other planets. The only thing I saw was a higher quality blue atmosphere, that looked more atmospheric that previously, though looking at the stock gu visuals, even the atmosphere doesnt appear the same. I'd put a picture, but rn I don't have time to start ksp back up again.

7 hours ago, Hoovy said:

Tried to use those, however I was unable to see any form of clouds on kerbin, or other planets. The only thing I saw was a higher quality blue atmosphere, that looked more atmospheric that previously, though looking at the stock gu visuals, even the atmosphere doesnt appear the same. I'd put a picture, but rn I don't have time to start ksp back up again.

Sounds like scatterer was working but not eve.  Post your logs next time.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, Hoovy said:

Also, where would the logs be? This isnt a game crashing glitch or anything so I dont see any notification about logs and I dont know where the file would be located

13 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Sounds like scatterer was working but not eve.  Post your logs next time.

And where are the logs

4 hours ago, Hoovy said:

is there any mods I need besides scatterer and environmental visual enhancements redux?

Clouds and atmospheric effects should show up with just EVE and Scatterer installed properly. Judging from your loading screen, it seems that you have not installed a EVE config (link at the forum page), which is needed to add clouds and stuff to the stock system, but GU has it's own configs for EVE and Scatterer so the clouds should show up for the planets beyond the kerbol system. If not, you should ask @StarCrusher96.

Edited by Space Kerbalisation Tech

7 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

Clouds and atmospheric effects should show up with just EVE and Scatterer installed properly. Judging from your loading screen, it seems that you have not installed a EVE config (link at the forum page), which is needed to add clouds and stuff to the stock system, but GU has it's own configs for EVE and Scatterer so the clouds should show up for the planets beyond the kerbol system. If not, you should ask @StarCrusher96.

GU’s EVE configs also cover the stock system. It says in the OP that it is NOT compatible with other visual mods like AVP.

10 hours ago, Hoovy said:

Did you install the GU stockclouds?
They're under the Optional folder when installing GU.

https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey/blob/main/README.md

Edited by StarCrusher96

8 hours ago, Hoovy said:

Oh, I downloaded it with ckan, was I not supposed to do it that way?

Ahh, yeah it looks like the ckan metadata isn't set up to automatically install clouds.  I'm not sure why.

In any case you can do it manually by clicking on "Galaxies Unbound A Stellar Odyssey" then click the "Contents" tab in CKAN and then "Open Zip."  The clouds files are in the Optional folder in there.

Hey @ballisticfox0 and @HebaruSan - any idea if this was intentional?   The GU cloud config is in the GU_Core\Optional folder in the zip.  This could be a separate ckan entry but I'm not sure it does much good since you can't really opt into different clouds.

Edited by JonnyOThan

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Hey @ballisticfox0 and @HebaruSan - any idea if this was intentional?   The GU cloud config is in the GU_Core\Optional folder in the zip.

I don't remember seeing that before, so I'm going with "unintentional." I'll add it now, thanks:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/9288

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

This could be a separate ckan entry but I'm not sure it does much good since you can't really opt into different clouds.

But it does let you opt out, if your system can't handle it for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

I don't remember seeing that before, so I'm going with "unintentional." I'll add it now, thanks:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/9288

But it does let you opt out, if your system can't handle it for whatever reason.

Awesome.  But it looks like the recommendation for the base mod is wrong. GalaxiesUnbound-StockClouds is the identifier for the clouds module, but the base module recommends GalaxiesUnbound-Clouds

18 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Ahh, yeah it looks like the ckan metadata isn't set up to automatically install clouds.  I'm not sure why.

In any case you can do it manually by clicking on "Galaxies Unbound A Stellar Odyssey" then click the "Contents" tab in CKAN and then "Open Zip."  The clouds files are in the Optional folder in there.

Hey @ballisticfox0 and @HebaruSan - any idea if this was intentional?   The GU cloud config is in the GU_Core\Optional folder in the zip.  This could be a separate ckan entry but I'm not sure it does much good since you can't really opt into different clouds.

Due to the way EVE works and the way the GU homeswitch system works, you can't have the stock clouds installed while running a homeswitch, so the clouds had to be optional.

If it's possible to make a separate CKAN entry that'd be much appreciated.

4 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Due to the way EVE works and the way the GU homeswitch system works, you can't have the stock clouds installed while running a homeswitch, so the clouds had to be optional.

If it's possible to make a separate CKAN entry that'd be much appreciated.

Good call on homeswitch, I hadn't thought of that.  HebaruSan added the clouds as a separate ckan module that is recommended by the base mod, all should be well.