Jump to content

KSP Loading…: Leading up to something special


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, MR L A said:

If that were true, wouldn't KSP have gradually got less and less stable?

As it stands we're about as stable as the game has ever been and bugs seems to be far less game breaking and less frequent than they used to be

That is correct. People who don't understand software development think it is more buggy, when in fact it is LESS buggy for the majority of the users, which is their target, as those are the ones that make the sales.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MR L A said:

As it stands we're about as stable as the game has ever been and bugs seems to be far less game breaking and less frequent than they used to be

While I largely agree, the memory leak issue (as a specific example) has varied over time, but by my estimation at least is worse in 1.11.x when working in the VAB/SPH for significant time than I remember it at any point since at least 1.4...

Edited by dnbattley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EVA construction issues aside I have had a lot more nullrefs and errors with 1.11 than I have had in any other version of KSP.

New bugs for 1.11: Decouple bugs, bugs where parts disappear when attaching something in the VAB/SPH, VAB/SPH where I cant interact with the the parts for some reason

I do a lot of KSP bug reports and 1.11 was more concerning to me than 1.8 which was the last major update in my opinion. But I see the bug reports, I see the amount of them fixed and the amount of

them that aren't fixed. The amount of bugs are climbing fast with each update.

But I also don't play KSP like other players. I have over 5000 hours so I don't just launch normal rockets like I used to. I create crafts that are complex and have to counter or work around lots of bugs and glitches to get KSP to do what I want. I am not sure what my experience would be like if I was a new player or someone who has less than 1000 hours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Now that I think about it, round solar panels just get better. A lot of missions can now be recreated. :) 

Proposed flavor text: "Warranty Void if used as Wheels."

Edited by StrandedonEarth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Now that I think about it, round solar panels just get better. A lot of missions can now be recreated. :) 

The precise rover balance.

Spoiler

walkingwfan.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ground anchor plus the engineer assembly is a game changer for me.  Finally we can construct stock bases in situ if we wish!
A self levelling option would be amazing. Also a heavier duty size 2 node version may be an idea.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A ground anchor with attached rotating docking adaptor with attached rover body with attached on top command seat, two round solar panels at the sides, and a firework launcher in tail,
let the player feel like a firebird rotating the planet.

Isn't it something special???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 3:37 PM, kerbiloid said:

When a bug survives for several years, it can be considered fixed.

Because it's always at the same place, where it always was.

That makes sense but also doesn’t 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2021 at 5:22 PM, kspnerd122 said:

Mechjeb is cheaty, real KSP players play the game legit(no mods that play the game for you)

highly disagree, in reality rockets are automatically controlled via autopilot infact mechjeb is pretty useful if you are playing rss, personally i play around with alot of part mods myself and im not a fake ksp player for doing so, even the top ksp players like matt lowne use mods like kerbal engineer redux they're not fake ksp players for using them

 

either you dont know what your talking about or you are just a troll, either way idc

https://imgur.com/gallery/O4kkq

Edited by Probro
had to do it to em
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, Anth12 said:

@dok_377 Wasn't done on purpose. Chill

If the docking port drift and the robotic drift are the same cause then the solution might be closer than we think now

 

 

 

 

I'm not implying anything, just want to hear something on this topic.  If the phrasing was a bit rough, I apologize. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 7:51 PM, Probro said:

highly disagree, in reality rockets are automatically controlled via autopilot infact mechjeb is pretty useful if you are playing rss, personally i play around with alot of part mods myself and im not a fake ksp player for doing so, even the top ksp players like matt lowne use mods like kerbal engineer redux they're not fake ksp players for using them

 

either you dont know what your talking about or you are just a troll, either way idc

https://imgur.com/gallery/O4kkq

Absolutely^^

I don't use MechJeb, because I just don't want to.

If I am doing multiple repeated fuel runs to LKO I just use the AltF12 'Rendezvous' cheat.  In practice not a lot different to having it automated, but it saves time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, epicgamerpro1111 said:

Where is the ground anchor?

They found some issues with it before release that prevented them from shipping it with the main update.

The original plan was to release it in the 1.12.1 update but that was a hotfix for a particularly nasty bug, so we'll probably see it in 1.12.2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

They found some issues with it before release that prevented them from shipping it with the main update.

The original plan was to release it in the 1.12.1 update but that was a hotfix for a particularly nasty bug, so we'll probably see it in 1.12.2.

So the question is now:  Where is 1.12.2 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...