KSP Tutorial: Missing the Ground

Ghostii_Space

Love the tutorial, great visual style and great voice! Always remember that this kids stuff is the price we have to pay to build the future on a solid KSP2 foundation! We'll make the game our own in due time. ;)

Also, LIFE SUPPORT CONFIRMED!

Just now, The Aziz said:

Just because something is simple and funny animated, doesn't make it childish.

All the tutorial have been reviewed by the ~5 years old daughter of the CEO. It's mentioned in one of the Feature Videos. If kids get it, adults will also!

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Kids stuff? I'm nearing 30 and I enjoyed it, pretty sure there's plenty of people older than me who liked it. Just because something is simple and funny animated, doesn't make it childish.

I agree, that was pretty funny, even for me!

1 hour ago, Yellowburn10 said:

Man, new players are going to be so spoiled. Imagine having this kind of information available to you right off the bat when we first played KSP1.

These new kids won't have to suffer and get the grit the same way we did by watching KSP youtubers for hours on end!

Lucky?

But in all seriousness, this tutorials are really awesome! I really believe that this game'll spawn the next generation of aerospace engineers!

29 minutes ago, Teilnehmer said:

At 1:15, the animation is a bit inaccurate:

3d3mELH.png

The closest point of an orbit to the planet should be its periapsis which is opposite the apoapsis.

But that's also not an ellipse, it's egg shaped for artistic reasons.

3 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

But that's also not an ellipse, it's egg shaped for artistic reasons.

In a game that relies on realistic orbital mechanics for playability, the _last_ thing I want is a tutorial to be illustrated with an “artists interpretation” of something.     Do it right or don’t do it at all.  

46 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

In a game that relies on realistic orbital mechanics for playability, the _last_ thing I want is a tutorial to be illustrated with an “artists interpretation” of something.     Do it right or don’t do it at all.  

I tend to agree. All animations should be redone to fix all realism inaccuracies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.