A week in... 10% still playing

JoeSchmuckatelli

It's worth noting here that T2 boasted in its shareholder reports that they own a KSP franchise that has sold over 5 million copies. So I highly doubt that less than a million copies can be a success for them.

4 hours ago, Alexoff said:

It's worth noting here that T2 boasted in its shareholder reports that they own a KSP franchise that has sold over 5 million copies. So I highly doubt that less than a million copies can be a success for them.

To be fair 'they're probably also aware that those 5 million copies did not all sell in the first year of the game's availability. 

They've time to fix it and recover 

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

To be fair 'they're probably also aware that those 5 million copies did not all sell in the first year of the game's availability.

I have my suspicions that they originally wanted a million copies by 2021. In fact, we do not know exactly how much the KSP franchise was sold for and whether its purchase paid off with sales of KSP1 and DLC after 2017. Intercept games have not become famous at all since their inception, from the well-known recent - the release of KSP2 and a paid patch for Outer Worlds.

On 4/27/2023 at 7:00 PM, Alexoff said:

I have my suspicions that they originally wanted a million copies by 2021. In fact, we do not know exactly how much the KSP franchise was sold for and whether its purchase paid off with sales of KSP1 and DLC after 2017. Intercept games have not become famous at all since their inception, from the well-known recent - the release of KSP2 and a paid patch for Outer Worlds.

They certainly wanted a lot of early sales, given they started with a quickly-shut down marketting barrage, including ads and events. 

Another reason it's clear that, despite the way some people want to frame this EA as part of some well thought out plan to release an MVP and get feedback on it, it was actually a botched release that was forced on them by poor project planning, a hard date the publisher was not willing to let them delay past, and expectations that the title would be far ahead of where it's currently at + a bunch of after-the-fact justifications.

On 4/27/2023 at 11:36 AM, Alexoff said:

That's the most important point and the saving grace.  They know they are sitting on a goldmine with the KSP Franchise, it's the reason they bought it.   But for T2 to succeed, they need to let the devs work on it without pressure and keep funding it, which I believe they will.

2 hours ago, Buzz313th said:

That's the most important point and the saving grace.  They know they are sitting on a goldmine with the KSP Franchise, it's the reason they bought it.   But for T2 to succeed, they need to let the devs work on it without pressure and keep funding it, which I believe they will.

Unfortunately, they have decided to delay updates and new content while feeding us the same line they used for the last three years.  "We have no cadence for updates or features, but we swear we are working to make this awesome."

Are people tired of being lied to yet?  I am.

6 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

This is all a bad joke.

If they ever do a refund program I’m signing up for that. 

Same here.  I'd rather give back the game and get my $50, and then wait for the actual real game they are working on to drop.  I'd even be willing to pay more for that than try to play what they gave us.

Just an observation - but my walking away in frustration the day Patch 2 flopped hasn't hurt. 

Give yourselves a little space from this. 

It's pretty clear that for most of us, the game isn't in a playable state - so quit banging your head against the wall. 

The more I think about Nate's 'lengthy delay' post - the more I support it.  I'm guessing that the next drop will be more akin to an overhaul than a patch. 

At least that's my hope 

Actually - I think I need to meter my own expectation... 

I think we will see some HDRP implementation fairly early, since that is merely a feature of the Unity engine.   I write 'merely' advisedly (ironically) because that doesn't look all that simple. 

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/[email protected]/manual/Upgrading-To-HDRP.html

They have a lot of work to do just on this aspect. 

13 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

I don't understand what kind of expectations about HDRP can be when such pixel ladders are observed in the game?

PysraXe.jpg

(taken from Stratzenblitz)

Turn on AA, maybe?  I don't (didn't) have that when I played the game.

54 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Turn on AA, maybe?  I don't (didn't) have that when I played the game.

Even with AA on this seems to happen. Def not a rig issue either- I've got an RTX 4090. I can get 60 fps but still aliasing issues.

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

I don't understand what kind of expectations about HDRP can be when such pixel ladders are observed in the game?

If you are talking about the right edge of the door, the real VAB door is made of segments which retract vertically. GQMY4GCGXVTTNXC3SFAINGNMWI.jpg?auto=webp

47 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

If you are talking about the right edge of the door, the real VAB door is made of segments which retract vertically.

It's a joke? In the game, the edge of the hangar door is straight, and the ladder of pixels is a bug in the game.

40 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

It's a joke? In the game, the edge of the hangar door is straight, and the ladder of pixels is a bug in the game.

Load up a rover and go check it out - could just be the angle of the camera 

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:
2 hours ago, Alexoff said:

If you are talking about the right edge of the door, the real VAB door is made of segments which retract vertically. 

I see unhappy players have resorted to complaining about the topology of the KSC. Like, parts of the topology that are literally there because they imitate the IRL KSC.

I am this far from Kraken :confused: