TriggerAu

[1.6.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.10.0.0 (Dec 31)

16 hours ago, ObsessedWithKSP said:

Man, am I glad this mod is still around...

My alarm just triggered, and it looks like @ObsessedWithKSP re-entered KSP's sphere of influence after two year long trajectory....

• Like 7

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

My alarm just triggered, and it looks like @ObsessedWithKSP re-entered KSP's sphere of influence after two year long trajectory....

It's not that the flight went wrong per se (I prefer to call it a surprise slingshot), but it's certainly been a while since I saw the verdant meadows of Kerbin. Glad to see you're still around as well!

• Like 3

Looks like KAC impacts performance way too much in Tracking Center:

Clean install, new campaign, no vessels in orbit. Both performance tests from inside of tracking center

NXSQT7K.png

1 hour ago, Ravien said:

Looks like KAC impacts performance way too much in Tracking Center:

Clean install, new campaign, no vessels in orbit. Both performance tests from inside of tracking center

NXSQT7K.png

workin on that over the christmas break

• Like 14

now that we have deltaV ingame, might be nice to have KAC too stock ;)

just saying

• Like 6

On 12/25/2018 at 5:23 AM, genbrien said:

just saying

That tiny "just saying" made me chuckle

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 9:23 PM, genbrien said:

just saying

As well as 68 more essential mods that I can’t imagine playing without...

57 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

As well as 68 more essential mods that I can’t imagine playing without...

While there are separate arguments for (and against) many of the mods on each person's individual list of 68 essentials, there are particularly good ones for having some way to be notified when you near an event on a ship you don't control, like an SOI change or maneuver node.

• Like 6

v3.10.0.0 Released

Happy New Year everyone. this one has a few bits in it to get things up to date including a 1.6.0 recompile

• Recompiled for 1.6.0 (Issue #199, #199)
  • Fix for hyperbolic orbits (Issue #210) - Thanks @taniwha
  • Fix for version check issues (Issue #208) - Thanks @MWerle
  • Removed some compiler warnings and deprecated calls
  • Change the way UI Hiding works (Issue #206)
  • Fix perf issue in TS (Issue #207)
  • Add UI scaling to the app (Issue #204)
  • Add MapUI lock in TS for click through - as much aas can do with current locks (Issue #192)
  • Add prevention of jumping to unowned vessels in career (Issue #154)
  • Change the datetime formatting stuff so its Kronometer compatible (Issue #202, Issue #194, Issue #157) - Thanks @Aelfhe1m 
  • Fix for vessel name locazlization
  • Updated some of the common UI calls to reduce GC Churn
  • Updated WarpRate checking to rewmove GC Churn
  • Removed some Triger specific stuff from the build scripts (Issue #196) - Thanks @MWerle

The date formatting changes can be reversed via the UseStockDateFormatters value in the KAC settings if you find issues with them in any ways. 

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from SpaceDock

• Like 24

@TriggerAu: awesome. Thank you.

I expect I'll have more hyperbolic related fixes later: I've found a need for good target info when the target is hyperbolic, too.

• Like 2

Is this compatible with 1.5.1 also? Would love to get the "Fix perf issue in TS (Issue #207)" in my current game. I had not planning on switching to 1.6 for at least a month or two.

@BlackHat seems to be (and should be anyway: KAC has generally been very version agnostic over the years (just the big mess of 1.3, iirc)).

(I just did some quick testing in 1.5.1 for other things but with the latest KAC installed: nothing obvious went wrong)

• Like 1

Ok Thanks, I looked at the version file on Github and it looked like it was strictly 1.6.0-1.6-99

I will wait for it to be in CKAN before i try to install it.

12 hours ago, TriggerAu said:
  • Change the datetime formatting stuff so its Kronometer compatible (Issue #202, Issue #194, Issue #157) - Thanks @Aelfhe1m 

Thank you so much.  This feature particularly has been something I've been anxiously awaiting.

15 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Ok Thanks, I looked at the version file on Github and it looked like it was strictly 1.6.0-1.6-99

I will wait for it to be in CKAN before i try to install it.

I "think" from memory you can just change the .version file in gamedata as well - it says 1.6, cause thats what I compiled against. The Unity version is the same and I didnt hook any "new" stuff intentionally so like Taniwha says it should be good (but I didnt test it meself).

Give it a try and if theres issues yell out, I can probs do an extra build for 1.5 if theres an issue

Thats fantastic! Just one question, I'm currently running the unofficial version. Can I just migrate to this shiny new official version without loosing all my existing alarms?   

Posted (edited)

@TanDeeJay try keeeping ./TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Plugin/Data/Data/settings.cfg. I believe the rest is saves in the savegame file.

OT: Happy New Year everyone!

Edited by LatiMacciato

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

@TanDeeJay try keeeping ./TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Plugin/Data/Data/settings.cfg. I believe the rest is saves in the savegame file.

OT: Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks, I'll check that out once my son is off the computer...

You should be able to just drop in the new DLL, none of the other content changed.

In the bigger picture the alarms are in the sfs as LatoMacciato mentioned and settings.cfg is not in the download, so you should be able to just install the new one in your usual ways and not lose settings or alarms - do the usual make a backup and give it the beans I say

• Like 1

I have noticed somthing weird with the map screens after the latest update. The arrows for zoominging to ap/per/soi are in the wrong place, and they move as the screen is zoomed in and out. see screenshots below.

zoombug1

zoombug2

I am running at minimum UI zoom level

OK, I have found one incompatibility with KSP 1.5.1 (and ealier): ProtoCrewMember.displayName (new in 1.6.0). I ran into it while building KAC locally (I hadn't set any kerbal alarms so didn't run into the problem in-game).