Beale

[1.8.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [20.0][10/11/2019]

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Derb said:

I was wondering whether someone would notice! :wink: What I did: I imported the .mu into Blender, and scaled the upper outer ring x2 in the xy plane, did the math for the inner ring scale (to keep same thickness of the ring), and calculated the new position for the top strut vertices based on their original position relative to the edges of the top ring. Then I modified the collider to fit the new shape, and exported the .mu. From there you can copy the cfg and texture files, and give the part a new name in the cfg. This is probably the first real work I've done in Blender, and it helped me to figure out a lot of the functionality. The main challenge was dealing with all the calculations to keep the struts the right thickness.

Nice! have you considered publishing it? maybe creating a set of them with various diameters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New version, updated to stock texture switching, get it while is hot!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tyko said:

Nice! have you considered publishing it? maybe creating a set of them with various diameters?

@Horus@Tyko

Maybe 0.625m, 0.9375m (default Tantares), 1.25m, and 1.875m? Any other weird sizes? I think BDB uses 1.5m for some parts... Any objection to stock variant switching for clutter reduction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Derb said:

@Horus@Tyko

Maybe 0.625m, 0.9375m (default Tantares), 1.25m, and 1.875m? Any other weird sizes? I think BDB uses 1.5m for some parts... Any objection to stock variant switching for clutter reduction?

That sounds amazing! I'd add 2.5m and think that using stock variant switching is a great idea if it doesn't get too complicated. Maybe you have one part for each size and then the variants allow you to scale up one end if you need different diameters. So you'd pick the 1.875m part, one end is fixed at 1.875m, using part variants you can choose if the other end is  either 1.875m or 2.5m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@BealeAre the black radial tanks supposed to hold oxidiser as well? It seems they only hold liquid fuel.

They absolutely should do. :confused:

I will fix soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I think the VA parachute is broken, it doesn't slow down a craft when deployed.

Try deleting your partdatabse.cfg this is a stock bug usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Nope, VA parachute still doesn't slow down.

Do you have any mods like realchute etc.? 

I will investigate when I have a chance, but the VA chute has been working for a while I think / hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Beale said:

Try deleting your partdatabse.cfg this is a stock bug usually.

@Beale, @sslaptnhablhat

 

Please check this:

- delete all ModuleManager Files in the GameData directory (not the MM .dll File!)
- delete the PartDatabase.cfg in the KSP root-directory
- delete the Physics.cfg in the KSP root-directory (Holds all DRAG Modells and will be rebuild only when PartDatabase.cfg and Physics.cfg does not exsist)

Restart the Game and check the Parachute again.

Hope that will fix the Problem

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Beale said:

Update just released which should fix the fuel issue.

Thanks @sslaptnhablhat and @cineboxandrew (You should take a look at his mods) for bringing that to my attention.

Tantares 12.2

I am currently working on a side project!

Check it out here!

PqsTmKt.png

 

wow, that's cool! Are the textures going to be close to Tantares style for interchangeability? CobaltWolf uses more metalicity in his textures, so wasn't sure where Commonwealth rockets would net out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tyko said:

wow, that's cool! Are the textures going to be close to Tantares style for interchangeability? CobaltWolf uses more metalicity in his textures, so wasn't sure where Commonwealth rockets would net out.

We are still working on making our textures converge :) I believe at this point, moving forward Beale's style will be the default for Commonwealth Rockets. The goal would be for all stockalike mods to be interchangeable, but of course we know that is not the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyko said:

wow, that's cool! Are the textures going to be close to Tantares style for interchangeability? CobaltWolf uses more metalicity in his textures, so wasn't sure where Commonwealth rockets would net out.

Yes, more or less what @CobaltWolf said.

One large improvement in the CRE parts is the texture speculars are much more detailed - where metallic areas are shiny and the painted areas are more dull (Tantares generally has a flat level of specular everywhere) but I will apply that to the existing Tantares textures eventually.

dPNNMDU.jpg
8VLR2Zl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 @Beale

Um, I am confused. Updates 12.1 and 12.2 are listed on Spacedock as Tantares-LV, but they contain Tantares spacecraft in the zip file. The previous update to Tantares Launch Vehicles on Spacedock was 9.1 per the changelog. 

If I missed a post in the thread explaining this, just put me in a Vostok to Minmus.

Edited by Voidryder
Oops, I didn't mean to quote Beale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Voidryder said:
 

 @Beale

Um, I am confused. Updates 12.1 and 12.2 are listed on Spacedock as Tantares-LV, but they contain Tantares spacecraft in the zip file. The previous update to Tantares Launch Vehicles on Spacedock was 9.1 per the changelog. 

If I missed a post in the thread explaining this, just put me in a Vostok to Minmus.

I have brain problems, I think this is evidence.

It will be fixed soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starts unstrapping from Vostok.  Well, doggie, I was looking forward to the in-flight snacks. :cool:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The A-USF01 LFO tank seems to hold more than it should for it's size. It's just a bit more than half the size of the C-81, yet holds more fuel. Not sure if this is intentional...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hraban said:

@Beale, @sslaptnhablhat

 

Please check this:

- delete all ModuleManager Files in the GameData directory (not the MM .dll File!)
- delete the PartDatabase.cfg in the KSP root-directory
- delete the Physics.cfg in the KSP root-directory (Holds all DRAG Modells and will be rebuild only when PartDatabase.cfg and Physics.cfg does not exsist)

Restart the Game and check the Parachute again.

Hope that will fix the Problem

cheers

Nopety-nope, parachute is still broken. I'll reinstall the mod.

EDIT: Reinstalled mod, parachute seems to deploy at, like, 24,000 km and 600m/s or something crazy at minimal pressure set to 0.01 and doesn't fail, and still doesn't slow crafts down when deployed. I have done everything suggested by @hraban.

Edited by sslaptnhablhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

We are still working on making our textures converge :) I believe at this point, moving forward Beale's style will be the default for Commonwealth Rockets. The goal would be for all stockalike mods to be interchangeable, but of course we know that is not the case.

Well Tantares and BDB fit preety well in terms of models and textures, tough the Soyuz and Shenzu are too small compared to the DBG rockets and most other stock-alike mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tyko said:

The A-USF01 LFO tank seems to hold more than it should for it's size. It's just a bit more than half the size of the C-81, yet holds more fuel. Not sure if this is intentional...

Probably needs to be tweaked, what values should they hold? It is 10 or so currently?

6 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Nopety-nope, parachute is still broken. I'll reinstall the mod.

EDIT: Reinstalled mod, parachute seems to deploy at, like, 24,000 km and 600m/s or something crazy at minimal pressure set to 0.01 and doesn't fail, and still doesn't slow crafts down when deployed. I have done everything suggested by @hraban.

I will investigate when I have a chance, anybody else have this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beale said:

Probably needs to be tweaked, what values should they hold? It is 10 or so currently?

I will investigate when I have a chance, anybody else have this issue?

I had an issue with the vostok parachute displaying similar behavior. Opened, but seemed to produce no drag. (It actually happened while streaming on twitch, a bunch of people got to see my confused face as Jeb pancaked into the side of a mountain a few times as I tried to cheat my way out of the situation lol)

I gave up trying to fix it,and just substituted in a different 'chute in my .craft

The soyuz/va chutes (all of them) are working fine for me as recently as yesterday.

Edited by tjsnh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beale said:

I will investigate when I have a chance, anybody else have this issue?

I got a same problem. Vostok, Soyuz, VA parachutes don't slow. ;.; New LK parachute and Squad parachutes are working well.

And LK drogue parachute has wrong description (with russian).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.