All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Is that a satellite launcher? Or a mega sounding rocket
  3. Sweet - making some tutorial vids with USI/MKS/LS - going through the scripts now for taping - all the functions other than the container issue seem to be working 100% - so yay!
  4. Hey, I haven't played KSP for more than 12 months and now I'm trying to update all my favorite mods, but many aren't marked as compatible in CKAN. And here on the forum, they said, that most mods, that are marked as compatible with 1.7/1.7.1/1.7.2, are also compatible with 1.7.3. But are you sure that it goes even further? I thought you had to recompile the most mods after a new (bigger) version and that it could have problems with new features, bug-fixes and API-changes...
  5. I think this has been since the most recent forum update. When I double click on a picture I'm embedding into a post, it's usually to resize it. The checkbox for "Keep original aspect ratio" is unchecked by default now. It did not used to be this way. Can we get this fixed? It doesn't make sense to have it off by default, since you'll want to maintain the ratio almost all the time when resizing.
  6. Jokes aside I prefer and a lot more people do that KSP doesn't have violence...and BTW Why does a space game need guns?!
  7. Inspired by your question I made a solar-powered science / exploration plane. You can find it at kerbalx: https://kerbalx.com/AHHans/Eve-Hawk
  8. Thanks for the sharing dude, a lot of new infos. This guy Nate Simpson really made me confident they will do fine work on KSP2, he seems very aware of what's making ksp so unique
  9. The Artemis crew get their first fresh, hot pizza delivery in 30 months. In 30 minutes or less! This delivery boy has had his ship upgraded from four whiplash, two hemicuda engines to two whiplash, two RAPTOR engines. The tech base is a little steeper, but the overall performance of the craft benefits quite a bit. I think it's got a little bit more TWR and a little bit less delta-V on its orbital push, but I think I'm making the docking with about the same total delta-V remaining. Next the Artemis crew, including the rescuee, will all pile into the pizza boy's ship for delivery back to KSP. Also in 30 minutes or less, but they are packing extra vomit bags just in case. Maybe pizza BEFORE deorbiting wasn't such a great idea.
  10. What I hope is that they won't waste time on mechanics related to combat. Rocket parts are already very easy to weaponize. Mass drivers are even easier, if the devs decide to add them (with the focus on SF tech and colonization, highly likely). In multiplayer, this will inevitably happen. What I hope the devs won't do is carter to those kinds of players by adding features endorsing that kind of behavior. It'd be a huge waste of time, and the result would turn off exploration-minded players while likely not being much good as a combat game, anyway. There's already a realistic space combat game, much more realistic than KSP, in fact, called Children of a Dead Earth. Bellicose players can go try that (it needs more love, anyway).
  11. As excited I am for KSP2 I wont be buying it until it either 1) has RSS implemented by default 2) there's a mod to change it to RSS. It's that simple for me, don't care to play KSP anymore not in RSS.
  12. I've completely loss track of what the current status is. I'm as confused about what is going on as you are. Maybe @Galileo or @JadeOfMaar can give us an update.
  13. Could be a lot worse. On my very first interplanetary mission (Duna) I left a man behind in orbit of Ike.
  14. Exactly what the title says. Can't see the next topic that I'm going into on computer, tablet, or phone. Didn't it used to work so that you could check what the next thread you were clicking into was?
  15. Alright, while I won't have time until Monday to do a real write-up, I have tried things out and can post a teaser.
  16. excuse me what lag i barely see any I would kill for this sort of performance.
  17. Maybe it’s not fully n-body but a kind of restricted n-body - where they set up a simulation and take out ephemeris data and just have that in the game - it’s how trajectory analysis is done in real life (at least initially). That would allow for full n-body for all planets without simulating the physics in game. Only the affects on spacecraft have to be calculated, and there may be a “range of ignoring” where the physics calculation ignores bodies beyond a certain distance. Or perhaps have a selective system that selects which point masses to use for the gravity simulation.
  18. Saw an article who talked about around 1000 parts or 5 times better than KSP1 You could also set up burns so you could do them under warp who would resolve lots of the slowdown problems
  19. This. We already have enough games glorifying violence, KSP2 shouldn't be one of them. It should be one of the few that glorifies learning new things to gain a better understanding of the world around us. Just like KSP1.
  20. Pretty sure collonies will be build in an way who is an mix of VAB and build mode in the sims. First you put down an foundation as we saw all items was standing on, then put down various modules like habitats or tanks. Then you would put down mining facilities and ISRU until finally getting to the point were you can make parts. Makes me wonder if this unlock in steps, fondations and tanks are pretty easy to make as its just metal, habitats is harder and industrial systems like ISRU is even harder We might well get an KIS like system with containers containing parts for colonies. But could you recycle an rocket stage as an fuel tank?
  21. Alexander Skvortsov’s crew. I think they will all be on the ship. Skvortsov, Morgan, Parmitano. Otherwise there will be a situation when there aren’t enough lifeboats on the station.
  1. Load more activity