All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yep. In a nut shell. I don't necessarily need this today.. tomorrow. But I do want to see discussions on it. How to they plan on injecting longevity into the ganeplay? Do they think go here drop bubble, make colony will satisfy or replace missions? Any plan at all to implement procedural elements? What is planned regarding this massive interstellar void. Colonies and Resources is not the answer to this question. Like all things. There is little to no mention of what is in store for that aspect of the career gameplay loop. It is definitely something that could use some attention in this "increased communication" we are asking for.
  3. I have a buddy here in town, one of my shooting friends. He's...opinionated. He's been thrown in Facebook jail more times than I can count. He's been banned from multiple firearms boards for arguing and personal attacks. So, last year, we're driving out to our shooting spot together, and he's complaining about the fact that he has some stuff to sell and he has to borrow another friend's logon to one of the firearms boards to post it there. And I was all, "You realize that this is entirely self-inflicted, right? Nobody forces you to go out onto the Internet and argue with people, and the only one who is injured by it is you. Nobody goes onto the Internet to change their mind." And that shut him up for two minutes, which, if you knew him, you would find remarkable. So, a couple of weeks later, I'm on Facebook and I happen to notice one of his posts. Someone replied trying to start an argument about something he posted, and his response was, "Look, nobody came here to change their mind." I did the meme.
  4. Clouds from a KSP 1 mod and several paragraphs that say a whole lot of nothing. Great update!
  5. Given that the devs want acceleration-under-time-warp to be possible (still buggy at times) especially for hyper-efficient engines doing week-long interstellar burns, the game does need to be able to take into account the duration of the burn and the (likely) changing TWR throughout said burn.
  6. Sorry I misunderstood you initially so made an edit. I don't understand your point though?
  7. While I can't speak for anyone else, I think the big issue here is the lack of missions available. I also think that the story missions are too rigid, which can hamper gameplay. Don't get me wrong - we have missions to go to the Mun, to go to Minmus, to go to Duna, and other bodies. Some are story, some are side, and all do encourage exploration. But are there enough of them? And is it possible to have the devs implement some form of randomness to them so it isn't the same "drop a lander on Dres" or "get a Mohole in one" every time out? I think that is where the issue with the gameplay resides. Not that the game isn't playable, but that after the first run-through there just isn't enough there to make people (some, not all) go through again OR to keep playing. I mean, as bad as the KSP1 contract system was, it was at least random enough to keep some people playing. I do agree with you that colonies and interstellar and resources should all provide more gameplay options, as well as (hopefully) missions. But the same question about replayability will remain if those missions are all rigid and stagnant.
  8. Today
  9. Can't believe this argument is still being used. I mean yeah sure maybe it does. But perhaps it's because it ain't finished? Call me back when we're at 1.0. with colonies with almost complete freedom in their placement (and related missions), two additional solar systems (and related missions), and resources (and related missions). My gods the first public release of Terraria had 3 bosses and playthroughs ended at Skeletron. Look where it is now. Same can be said for any early access game across the last decade and a half. They become less repetitive when more content arrives, I don't think that's something I have to explain. The autogenerated missions are as boring as procedurally generated planets would be, and that's why they're gone. But also, it's because a slighty different gameplay loop is planned than just sending a 158th tourist to space (why bother, they're not paying anything) or send another useless piece of scrap metal into designed orbit for no reason. That's no incentive to exploration. A handcrafted mission to scan for anomalies, and once found, to land (and perhaps, drive to the location because landing zone is too difficult, has steep slopes or large rocks or near bodies of liquid) to discover an interesting geological formation or an artifact, that will give you some hint about the history of the place or planet? Yep that sounds better. Handmade is better than generated.
  10. Now THAT'S what I've been waiting x-15 for. We are going to the Moon with this baby. Saturn V is waiting
  11. It maybe trivia, the stock skybox contains a few familiar constellations from the Earth https://ibb.co/7t3ktpB Bottom: Sagittarius, Right: Scopico https://ibb.co/m8K10nJ Bottom left: Orion, Top: Gemini, Right: Auriga, Bottom right: Taurus with Pleiades in the square lower right.
  12. The harsh Squak of the alarm clock was grating on Kip's Nerves. It's sound was amplified through the induction speakers mounted into the walls of the patented "Somnolence Chamber" by GooGrate Inc. Well, at least he gets to fly again. Once part of the Dynamic Daredevil Duo he thought those dreams were gone. After that last scandal where he ended up doing a short stretch in jail & that treacherous Jeb ended up will Val. Luckily the new startup, Kerfarious Enterprises doesn't care about a criminal record. MEANWHILE...
  13. Textbook escalation on both sides. Déjà vu all over again. <sigh>
  14. ColdJ

Meanwhile

I had seen many creative members who create interesting stories in the games threads, so I thought this would be something they might like. Any thoughts on why this is of no interest?
  15. Science that is magic is cheating.
  16. Here's an experiment: in ksp2, plan a 1000 dv maneuver with a rocket with a 1.0 twr. Now plan the same expenditure with a .01 twr. Notice any difference?
  17. Calling 911 because you are bored.
  18. ColdJ

Atlas!

Kiama (A town in NSW Australia.)
  19. When you hit "stage" by accident... Poor cow. https://medium.com/@shermikeholmes88/the-time-we-accidentally-nuked-new-mexico-301489770be2
  20. Floor 4766: A Shelby Cobra display room and a test track.
  1. Load more activity