Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

18 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

What happened to the little "reactions" widget? Looks like it's back to just "likes," now.  That one had potential. 

Also, yes, new emoticons sorely needed. :/

Stopped for reasons. Ask Vanamode about that, I think it was mentioned earlier somewhere....

Just now, AlamoVampire said:

Can that not be done on mobile, im not seeing on mobile :( this new layout is too sterile and painful to me :( 

op 19:31:30

Oh, that's for youtube on desktop. I don't know of a way to change back to the old forum style.

Sorry. :(

10 hours ago, YNM said:

Some people like white themes. I'm not one of them though (reasons, reasons, reasons, reasons), so I propose a selectable forum colour scheme.

At least the "dark" theme I made from @n.b.z. 's theme still seems to (mostly) work... whew

5xv2wzG.png

https://imgur.com/a/eLpXv

https://userstyles.org/styles/128030/darkblack-kerbal-space-program-ksp-forum

Right off, I have to say I dont like the "hide signatures" function... It hides the "content", but still shows dead space the SAME size as the signature took up...So whats the point of hiding it, then?
Not to mention then you have to dig in your profile settings to change it back... :(

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

At least the "dark" theme I made from @n.b.z. 's theme still seems to (mostly) work... whew

http://imgur.com/a/qrYRO

https://userstyles.org/styles/128030/darkblack-kerbal-space-program-ksp-forum

Right off, I have to say I dont like the "hide signatures" function... It hides the "content", but still shows dead space the SAME size as the signature took up...So whats the point of hiding it, then?
Not to mention then you have to dig in your profile settings to change it back... :(

when I hid your sig, it removed the space, did not show dead space.

Another problem which I see is that new Imgur albums aren't being honored, only the link is shown, not the album

Edited by linuxgurugamer

51 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

when I hid your sig, it removed the space, did not show dead space.

Seems to leave deadspace for some people, and none for others... this is using hide ALL sigs... vOv

EDIT: also, now that I tried individually hiding yours and qzgy's sigs, resetting view sigs in Profile settings, does not seem to reset individually hidden sigs... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

odd...
Heh... for you alone, 3 of your posts on this page each have different sized sig dead space... :P

Maybe its a browser thing? I'm on FF 55.0.3

I have the same browser, so I don't think so....

Edit: Actually, now that I look at it, seems to be happening inconsistently, and it appears you are correct...

Edited by qzgy

As far as I understand things, this is pretty much the standard look of the updated forum software. In other words, the update brought with it a new look. Still too early for me personally to form an opinion on it, but the main thing for me when reading a forum is that the text is visible, so at least that is intact :)

For those of you who were asking, the reactions button was a great idea but the problem with some of the reactions was that they could be misused. Imagine taking time to make a suggestion or a challenge etc. and someone uses the "haha" reaction as a way of digging at you. How would you feel? Then imagine if someone didn't like it that you put "confused" as a reaction to their post, so they look back at your posting history and spam everything you write with "confused" or "haha". It's a function that can cause unnecessary issues in a large community, which, as they say, is why we can't have nice things. :(

What happened to the little "reactions" widget? Looks like it's back to just "likes," now.  That one had potential. 

16 hours ago, qzgy said:

Stopped for reasons. Ask Vanamode about that, I think it was mentioned earlier somewhere

@Vanamonde ..well?? :mellow:

Or do this... we do not speak of? :ph34r: