Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

2 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but will the KSP forums be renamed to the KSP 2 forums when KSP 2 comes out?

Hmm. I don't know. KSP1 will still exist so the forum would represent both, but they may want to emphasize their new product. I don't believe anyone has given this any thought yet so we'll have to wait and see. 

4 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but will the KSP forums be renamed to the KSP 2 forums when KSP 2 comes out?

For my mind. It is all KSP and there may be more numbers (KSP3) in the distant future. These are the KSP forums, not the KSP1 forums, so why would you need to change the forum name?

7 hours ago, Souptime said:

is there a limit for warning points until ban, or does it shift from person to person?

There is a point at which the forum software will automatically apply restrictions if a certain number of points are aquired, but that doesn't really come into play because we prefer humans to make such important decisions. 

When I did my very first post after I joined, one of the first members to respond was called FruitGoose and had a Banana Goose avatar. They now no longer seem to be a member. Can anyone tell me if they know why they are gone?

7 hours ago, ColdJ said:

When I did my very first post after I joined, one of the first members to respond was called FruitGoose and had a Banana Goose avatar. They now no longer seem to be a member. Can anyone tell me if they know why they are gone?

Possibly had his/her account name changed, or requested an account deletion? 

9 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Here's that user's departure announcement:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

Can I claim it because I like it?

You're supposed to win it. It was a unique prize and something special for the winner. Don't you think it makes it less special if just anyone takes it? 

2 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

Do you read all of our posts?

Yes, we do. I will admit that after I read them, I feel that not all questions are serious enough to get me to invest my time to give them consideration for a well-crafted answer. 

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

I am pretty sure I have thread out there somewhere that nobody replied to ever.

I'm sorry and that does happen time to time. There are days I am good if I log into the forum at all. Yesterday is a good example. Met my Dad and stepmother in Paducah for lunch yesterday - a two hour drive from where I live. It wasn't planned but the opportunity arose. 

And then there is work requirements that also interfere. And sometimes, I'm not the best person to answer a question someone asks in this thread or on a new thread. And for those, I simply don't reply because I don't want to give out bad advice. :confused:

13 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I'm sorry and that does happen time to time.

Hey, not your fault. I was just pointing out that not having a post since yesterday was nothing to fret about, even if they or I or both of us were possibly having a harmless joke. When I joined there was lots I didn't know (not that that has changed greatly) and so I started topics in hopes of getting answers. Generally, even though you could see that over one hundred members had viewed the question, they never got replies. Some of those questions I have answered through my own experimentation, others I have dug back through years of threads and found where it has been discussed and mostly answered. Sadly there are times when a member who is still quite active could have directed me to the relevant previous discussion, but chose not to. That is why if I see someone ask a question that I have experience with I do my best to either answer it or point them in the right direction, I prefer to treat others as I would like to be treated. It is just the way I am.