[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 5/19/2024 at 1:51 AM, yourboi said:

@CobaltWolf Would you consider to add a stockalike mars exploration rover and pathfinder plus their landing system in this 1.14 update?

No, though I appreciate the boldness of asking for it in the next update and not just "in the future".

19 hours ago, GoldForest said:

BTW, Cobalt, still waiting for the white variant. :D

As I said before, paint variants won't come until I'm 100% finished with a texture sheet, otherwise I'd be trying to make changes on multiple versions at once...

15 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

laughs in waiting for Viking

by the end of the year

Not even joking, I will specifically not work on it now just because you said this.

Modified ventral fin and dummy scramjet for X-15A-2. These are some of the last historical parts for the X-15. The only parts left after that are the science experiments for the little cargo bay, and then the ahistorical SERJ parts.

R49yuzR.png
xmtAafj.png
lH29b1n.png

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

As I said before, paint variants won't come until I'm 100% finished with a texture sheet, otherwise I'd be trying to make changes on multiple versions at once...

I know, was just pulling your leg. 

1 hour ago, GuyWhoEnjoysFlyingThings said:

Wow, I truly appreciate every single one of your responses, and I didn't think I'd get that much feedback. I have tried making my own rockets, and I won't quit until I get good, but I also want to learn the game's core fundamentals before I go out a bit more, I guess it's just my playstyle? Thank you all

I'd recommend playing the stock game for a while until you get the hang of it before jumping into mods.

@CobaltWolf That scramjet is looking hella fine, I'm immensely happy with all the experiments you have included.

Also, I have a little petition, hopefully, something not so difficult and in line with the current development of the X-15 :D.

Can we get a single XLR-11 in the near future? or perhaps do you know about a package that looks in-line with BDB that has a single XLR-11 other than Taerobee?

6 hours ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

Ballistic Series-Boosted Orbiter [BSBO]

From Time After Time Alternate History

cUo0S4F.png

You can't fool me, that's just Shuttle II!

ShuttleIId.jpg

Also, @CobaltWolf will we be getting the extended version of the delta wing for the extended X-15? 

serjx15c.jpg

Wait... does that extended delta wing variant also have a 2-seater cockpit? And the ventrals are taller too? And and it has rear wheels?!

Cobalt, you've been holding out on us! JK! :P

But in seriousness, what all else do you have planned for the X-15? I'm rather curious. Besides payload bay experiments, SERJ and white paint scheme of course. 

Posted (edited)

Saturn er... VB for lack of a better name, launching Pioneer 13 interstellar. 

Saturn VB consists of five stages plus kick stage. S-IC, S-II, S-III (Based off S-II-C3 from the Saturn C3), S-IVB, S-V (Centaur) and Star 37EV.

And sorry for dark pictures, had to launch at night for the interstellar transfer.

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Pomzlre.png

9kIYj0d.png

BwYj0Vi.png

hSwzlYN.png

EDEdB7i.png

K72lleM.png

MeZsrTI.png

Btw, that's not Kerbin, that's Kerbol. 

*Notices the Star boosters can be put in inventory as cargo parts*

wq5N29t.png

Edited by GoldForest

Jeb got an awful idea and forced Bill to go along with it. They secretly packed a Star 20 and a command seat into the cargo bay of an Aardvark. They then launched. In orbit, Bill built the death trap for Jeb before Jeb boarded it. Before KASA knew what was going on, Jeb had already lit the rocket and was spiraling away from the command pod. Valentina gave chase with Apollo, managing to catch up and rescue Jeb, who was still somehow in orbit. Jeb was disappointed as he wanted to ride the rocket through deorbit. Next time, Jeb thought, next time we'll bring some way to control the rocket.

ZYBvi7x.png

XYGLOKX.png

p7acmHT.png

nOy1LPY.png

UfN5EVj.png

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Gupyzer0 said:

Also, I have a little petition, hopefully, something not so difficult and in line with the current development of the X-15 :D.

Can we get a single XLR-11 in the near future? or perhaps do you know about a package that looks in-line with BDB that has a single XLR-11 other than Taerobee?

Probably not? Honestly I really cheaped out on the XLR-11 and didn't model anything besides the nozzle tips.

11 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Also, @CobaltWolf will we be getting the extended version of the delta wing for the extended X-15?

Wait... does that extended delta wing variant also have a 2-seater cockpit? And the ventrals are taller too? And and it has rear wheels?!

Cobalt, you've been holding out on us! JK! :P

But in seriousness, what all else do you have planned for the X-15? I'm rather curious. Besides payload bay experiments, SERJ and white paint scheme of course. 

That's pretty much it. I wasn't going to do much based on that one illustration, at least not the bottom craft. I've tried adapting the cockpit to dual-seat but it came out rather poorly. I'm open to giving it a whack again. I will be out of town all next week though.

5 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

@CobaltWolf im sorry i was saying that in jest with gold forest

lol ur good.

Speaking of the SERJ intake... I don't think I'll be able to get it all working in game before I leave, but we can dream!

Dks0cHG.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

53 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Speaking of the SERJ intake

Looking at one article on the internets:

"Marquardt expected that post-1975, Mach 4 would be a necessity."

XB-70, Mig 25, Concorde, TU-144, and retired SR-71: 

Untitled-1.jpg

Oh wait, the hypersonic missile race...

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Oh wait, the hypersonic missile race...

Those words together kind of urk me. Hypersonic missile race is a misnomer really. It should be called the Hypersonic MANUVERABILITY race. Missiles have been Hypersonic for decades in terms of speed. For instance, the AIM-54C made exclusively for one of the most beautiful planes in history, the F-14, was Mach 5. But it couldn't turn much. 

HSMs today seek to be able to turn at those speeds, faster than 1 degree per minute at least. (1 per minute is me being dramatic, idk the real manuverability of missiles)

Edited by GoldForest

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think I need to toss out my SERJ model and redo it... I finally found some cross sections, and this thing is way weirder than I thought...

pDvlzn6.png

05VZG8r.png

Yeah that’s weird alright.

is the “translating ring” some kind of thrust vectoring mechanism or something? It looks like it extends in and out of the engine bell…

On 5/20/2024 at 11:13 PM, CobaltWolf said:

No, though I appreciate the boldness of asking for it in the next update and not just "in the future".

Not even joking, I will specifically not work on it now just because you said this.

Modified ventral fin and dummy scramjet for X-15A-2. These are some of the last historical parts for the X-15. The only parts left after that are the science experiments for the little cargo bay, and then the ahistorical SERJ parts.

R49yuzR.png
xmtAafj.png
lH29b1n.png

well i was really hoping to see pathfinder and MER in kerbal since buliding them in game is hard

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

I think they're a little outside the scope of BDB -It seems to me to be more the purview of a mod like ProbesPlus

Probesplus is essentially in life support mode only. Akron had joined the BDB team and mentioned they would be slowly moving over all the probes to BDB, at least, that's what I last heard. They've been gone for half a year, so idk how relevant that is anymore. 

Also, Viking is still on the table to be entered into BDB, so getting MER into BDB is not outside the question. 

Edit: Also @Rodger The Gemini Lunar Service Module says it has extra batteries to help with a Lunar mission, but the SM has no EC. 

Edited by GoldForest

21 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

is the “translating ring” some kind of thrust vectoring mechanism or something? It looks like it extends in and out of the engine bell…

its only translating back and forth. To me it appears to mainly be involved in adjusting the expansion ratio of both the inner and outer annular nozzles simultaneously.

For people plying with X-15, there’s now a patch for RealChute compat, which fixes the issues with the ventral fin. You’ll now be able to have it actuate for yaw control, and the parachute will work when staged. It will also actuate with FAR, with or without RC. Going forward, RealChute is basically going to be a soft dependency for the X-15 to have a fully functional ventral fin.

The FilterExtensions patch and Community Category Kit optional patch have also been updated to include a category for X-15 to make building it a little easier.