[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

44 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, first off - I'm sure many people have noticed the... instability of the forums these days. In the event of them fully disappearing, we of course will be saddened at the loss of years of conversation, comradery, and explosions. It will not be the end of BDB though. If the forums ever fully die and do not come back, please check my Twitter or the BDB GitHub for updates on where to find us. Just wanted to put that out there while I can. :)

In any case, work continues. I got the Mariner 6/7 parts in game yesterday on stream, but of course forgot to take some screenshots. I also put some more work into the ablative-coated X-15 texture. Still a lot of work to do, but I feel like I've figured out what kind of effects it needs to get the look I want.

UuRw88o.png

Looks Purdy!   Thanks for the note on sharing out info as info happens via other means if the forums go down Long term!

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, first off - I'm sure many people have noticed the... instability of the forums these days. In the event of them fully disappearing, we of course will be saddened at the loss of years of conversation, comradery, and explosions. It will not be the end of BDB though. If the forums ever fully die and do not come back, please check my Twitter or the BDB GitHub for updates on where to find us. Just wanted to put that out there while I can. :)

In any case, work continues. I got the Mariner 6/7 parts in game yesterday on stream, but of course forgot to take some screenshots. I also put some more work into the ablative-coated X-15 texture. Still a lot of work to do, but I feel like I've figured out what kind of effects it needs to get the look I want.

btNybzR.png

UuRw88o.png

Amazing work as always bro!

By the way, where i can see more info about the state of the forums? I doubt they are gonna dissapear.. or are they?

The X-15 has a wonderfully high heat tolerance. It came in handy for a contract that required 3000 m/s speed while flying level inside the atmosphere.

Accelerating the X-15 that much given where I was in my tech tree needed a combination of supersonic airlaunch for a head start, the extended fuselage, and wing drop tanks. Science pods were stripped off to save weight.

I present F.I.S.H., the Fast Intercooled Spaceplane Holder. Nose and tail come from Mk2 Stockalike Expansion, wings adjusted with Tweakscale.

yMGoJCH.png

4 hours ago, ThatGust said:

Amazing work as always bro!

By the way, where i can see more info about the state of the forums? I doubt they are gonna dissapear.. or are they?

Posted (edited)

First, I want to thank @Rodgeragain.  The Hypergolic Patch was uploaded to the Dev earlier today.  Rodger found a couple errors in my Github copy (I was editing files in two places and thankfully he caught my mistake quickly)   Every titan Engine now has valid Hypergolic, Hydrolox or Kerolox (via LFO) configs again.   When the Tanks get merged one more small update will need to be performed on the patch.   THAT should not stop it from working however (it would be a B9Partswitch error warning is all about missing content)

To avoid confusion, there are actually two separate patchs.  You can apply EITHER  or BOTH.  The first patch is titled Titan AJ9 in the BDB Extras.  This actually gives you the LR87-AJ-9 from EARLY Titan III launches (about the first 20 Launches were AJ-9 powered)
It also gives you the LR87-AJ-11A from the late production Titan IV.     In the LR91 side it gives you the LR91-AJ-11A in it's various variants.   NOTE there USED to be a LR91-AJ-9 in this parts list.  It has been removed.  Use the LR91-AJ-5 as a valid replacement (same performance.)  The only difference between the LR91-AJ-5 and AJ-9 was related to the material of the bell (the AJ-9 has the darker "fiber" material of latter LR91s

Note the AJ-11A upgrade does not release with the AJ-11.  Instead it releases in the same node as SMRU.  While they entred service BEFORE SRMU, they are closer to that date than the Titan 23(C) was :D

Your Titan Engine list now includes:

Titan LR87 Twin (Titan Rocket) first stage engine:
LR87-AJ-3
LR87-AJ-5  <Also LR87-AJ-7 from Gemini Titan
LR87-AJ-5K  (As above)
LR87-AJ-9 <Via 2nd Patch!
LR87-AJ-9K <Via 2nd Patch! new variant!
LR87-AJ-11-1 (Groundlit LR87 for late Titan IIIB launches)
LR87-AJ-11-1K (Groundlit)
LR87-AJ-11-2 (AIRLIT LR87 for Late Titan IIIC and IIID type launchers and early (first production batch) Titan IV launchers
LR87-AJ-11-2K (AIRLIT Kerolox)
LR87-AJ-11A  <Via 2nd Patch AIRLIT ONLY!!!!
LR87-AJ-11AK <As above but Kerolox
LR87-AJ-LH2  <Hydrolox LR87!

LR91-AJ-3, and 3SV  <Titan I second stage with both Quad and Single Vernier
LR91-AJ-5, 5K, 5(V)4 and 5(V)4K  <--Titan II and early Titan III single and quad Vernier both Hypergolic and Kerolox
LR91-AJ-11, 11K 11(V)4 and 11(V)4K  <---  Titan III and CT3 Second stage engine (as well as early Titan IV
LR91-AJ-11A, 11AK, 11(V)4A and 11(V)4AK  <---  Late Titan IV Engine

Edited by Pappystein

4 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

The X-15 has a wonderfully high heat tolerance. It came in handy for a contract that required 3000 m/s speed while flying level inside the atmosphere.

Accelerating the X-15 that much given where I was in my tech tree needed a combination of supersonic airlaunch for a head start, the extended fuselage, and wing drop tanks. Science pods were stripped off to save weight.

I present F.I.S.H., the Fast Intercooled Spaceplane Holder. Nose and tail come from Mk2 Stockalike Expansion, wings adjusted with Tweakscale

None of that craft is in the bible

I have decided to take the Next Logical Step in rocket technology, my own Wonderful rendition of a """space shuttle"""
Forgoing such fanciful ideas like "Reusable rockets" and "technological advancement" and instead going with what definitely works and is assuredly cheaper. Mass producing the same engine and just changing it a bit.
4 sea level J-2's for the first stage, second stage powered by one sea level J-2. Heavily inspired by the NLS and crafted with love to be the catalyst for endless armchair arguments over its practicality in this fake worlds inevitable internet. 

image.png?ex=668e3b96&is=668cea16&hm=cc6image.png?ex=668e3b0e&is=668ce98e&hm=a55

@Rodger An update on my node situation. It is indeed a bug with the B9 part switching. The node is defaulted to the "Compact" location for some reason. Switching to Compact and then back to 1.875 fixes the node's location to the correct one. Might be an issue with the part config?

Anyway, "Booster time." - Koby Mcguire Kerman

Saturn Shuttle as many of you probably guessed. Also, I finally decided to access Blackrack's patreon and get his volumetric clouds. I also got Deferred Rendering and Blackrack's TUFX profile. My screenshots should look a little better now. :P

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

C70zt5Z.png

tAQLMqS.png

IuxQPbA.png

0Ug1nUj.png

DgQzxIf.png

0grNmtO.png

NwePTdh.png

2 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

@Rodger An update on my node situation. It is indeed a bug with the B9 part switching. The node is defaulted to the "Compact" location for some reason. Switching to Compact and then back to 1.875 fixes the node's location to the correct one. Might be an issue with the part config?

Uploaded an update that should fix, just changed the default part's location of the interstage nodes, even though B9 should update them anyway... Also the UA1206F decoupler is up.

Just now, Rodger said:

Uploaded an update that should fix, just changed the default part's location of the interstage nodes, even though B9 should update them anyway... Also the UA1206F decoupler is up.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Anyway, "Booster time." - Koby Mcguire Kerman

Saturn Shuttle as many of you probably guessed. Also, I finally decided to access Blackrack's patreon and get his volumetric clouds. I also got Deferred Rendering and Blackrack's TUFX profile. My screenshots should look a little better now. :P

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

C70zt5Z.png

tAQLMqS.png

IuxQPbA.png

0Ug1nUj.png

DgQzxIf.png

0grNmtO.png

NwePTdh.png

Wait, the SSMEs on Saturn-Shuttle ignited after first stage separation and not at liftoff?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Wait, the SSMEs on Saturn-Shuttle ignited after first stage separation and not at liftoff?

There's no documentation on how they would launch Saturn Shuttle, afaik. 

The way I usually do it is the RS-25s are air-started 10 to 20 seconds before the F-1s cutout, like the Titan did with its SRBs and Main Engine. I just wasn't paying attention and missed T-10 and started then after F-1 cutout, lol. 

The F-1s are more than powerful enough to lift the Orbiter and whatever payload it may have, and the RS-25s would be putting unnecessary torque on the entire craft, because keep in mind, being so high up and angled, the RS-25s would want to pitch the whole craft "Downard" (Relative to the shuttle's orientation), and while the RS-25s would still gimbal to counteract this, being off center they would still produce a "Downard" pitch which the F-1s would then gimbal to counter act themselves, leaving little room for them to gimbal to steer the whole craft on the gravity turn.  At least, that's how I see it.  And the pour interstage would get crushed probably with two forces pinching it on one side. 

Also, @Pappystein You got anything in your vault about the Saturn Shuttle?

Edited by GoldForest

Heads up, I'm seeing a lot of this message, "the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings."

It's refusing to compile the effected parts. To be fair, I'd refuse a bunch of things if if I couldn't access my skin. XD

It's the X-15 ablative textures, and from my understanding is due to an incorrect toggle in the dev software, rather than in the game it's self.

Specifically, its "bluedog_X15_Skin_Ablative_NRM". Every one of those errors lists that texture name, specifically. Guessing that's "bluedog_X15_Skin_Ablative_NRM.mbm"

Did someone forget to select "Read/Write enabled" on something when importing into unity?

Btw, Apparently my log must be huge.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gtibmat8dyjnlrutedo0v/KSP.log?rlkey=eia41001lu1bhs02dc10wpwzt&st=o9xzeh2n&dl=0

3 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

Heads up, I'm seeing a lot of this message, "the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings."

It's refusing to compile the effected parts. To be fair, I'd refuse a bunch of things if if I couldn't access my skin. XD

It's the X-15 ablative textures, and from my understanding is due to an incorrect toggle in the dev software, rather than in the game it's self.

Specifically, its "bluedog_X15_Skin_Ablative_NRM". Every one of those errors lists that texture name, specifically. Guessing that's "bluedog_X15_Skin_Ablative_NRM.mbm"

Did someone forget to select "Read/Write enabled" on something when importing into unity?

Btw, Apparently my log must be huge.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gtibmat8dyjnlrutedo0v/KSP.log?rlkey=eia41001lu1bhs02dc10wpwzt&st=o9xzeh2n&dl=0

25 megabytes is actually kind of below average. 30 MB to 40 MB is around average. If you get more than 50, Might want to inspect your log file if you haven't been playing for literal hours. If it's 100+, something's wrong and null refs are usually repeating themselves to infinity. 

@Rodger I get a strange issue whenever I try to play KSP as of yesterday, I narrowed it down to the BDB development branch. Every time I try to enter the VAB or SPH, I can't enter, clicking on it does nothing. If I try to load a quicksave, the screen breaks and the KSC goes underground. I have attached KSP.log file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q7uw7yp298pt6fhwl56l7/KSP.log?rlkey=jxjghpd00606e2re7dlq3jvju&st=7ia2bnic&dl=0

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

You can get around this for now by installing KSPCF, which I highly recommend anyway, if for nothing other than the game load speed increases.

37 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

@Rodger I get a strange issue whenever I try to play KSP as of yesterday, I narrowed it down to the BDB development branch. Every time I try to enter the VAB or SPH, I can't enter, clicking on it does nothing. If I try to load a quicksave, the screen breaks and the KSC goes underground. I have attached KSP.log file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q7uw7yp298pt6fhwl56l7/KSP.log?rlkey=jxjghpd00606e2re7dlq3jvju&st=7ia2bnic&dl=0

Honestly, see above and try KSPCF. Though I have no idea what might be causing that. Your log shows quite a lot of errors from KerbalHealth, and maybe some warnings from JNSQ height map textures, which seems like it would possibly be the culprit? You could update ConformalDecals/Shabby too, but likely unrelated. And maybe update Kopernicus to a newer version if possible (I can't see the version in the log). It doesn't need to be locked to an old version for JNSQ like scatterer. And apparently a sinking VAB is an old kop bug.

Also if people have large log files, zipping them can really save a lot of size for easier uploads (I don't mind either way, but in case upload space is a concern)

Edited by Rodger

36 minutes ago, Rodger said:

You can get around this for now by installing KSPCF, which I highly recommend anyway, if for nothing other than the game load speed increases.

Honestly, see above and try KSPCF. Though I have no idea what might be causing that. Your log shows quite a lot of errors from KerbalHealth, and maybe some warnings from JNSQ height map textures, which seems like it would possibly be the culprit? You could update ConformalDecals/Shabby too, but likely unrelated. And maybe update Kopernicus to a newer version if possible (I can't see the version in the log). It doesn't need to be locked to an old version for JNSQ like scatterer. And apparently a sinking VAB is an old kop bug.

Also if people have large log files, zipping them can really save a lot of size for easier uploads (I don't mind either way, but in case upload space is a concern)

Wow. Seeing more benefits than just load time, which was under 10 minutes for the first time in half a decade.

It fixed the issue too, which is awesome. So, was it the extended texture format support, or what? I'm curious.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shakuvendell said:

Wow. Seeing more benefits than just load time, which was under 10 minutes for the first time in half a decade.

It fixed the issue too, which is awesome. So, was it the extended texture format support, or what? I'm curious.

I'm not really sure to be honest. That particular texture is currently a .mbm which is a KSP specific format, so it's likely a unity setting that caused the issue vs an incorrect format. But then I'm not sure why KSPCF fixes it lol

Also just so people know, dev branch currently has some new merged titan tank parts that are waiting on model updates, and so are currently buggy. No cause for panic, it’s a known issue. The hypergol patch is updated in preparation for the merged tank parts too.
I’ve also added paint switches for the LR91 “housings”, added a missing paint option to the interstage (3B, not applicable to all variants), and merged the Transtage RCS parts into one (this wouldn’t have worked a couple of KSP versions ago!)

Edited by Rodger
Recent dev updates

2 hours ago, Rodger said:

Honestly, see above and try KSPCF. Though I have no idea what might be causing that. Your log shows quite a lot of errors from KerbalHealth, and maybe some warnings from JNSQ height map textures, which seems like it would possibly be the culprit? You could update ConformalDecals/Shabby too, but likely unrelated.

Okay, thank you, KSPCF fixed it, I have no idea what caused the issue or why that fixed it....

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

That sounds more like a KSP error than a mod error to me. Might want to verify your files or reinstall KSP as well. 

I don't think it's a problem with KSP itself, I have a ton of mods that don't all work well together, like degradeable solar panels, which spews hundreds of serious warnings for any solar panel with more than 1 B9PS module. But it seems to work, and I have some very important memories in my KSP saves of a now deceased person, so I really don't want to reinstall the game ever again, not to mention the horror of having to do it every single time there was a KSP update.....

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:
13 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

I present F.I.S.H., the Fast Intercooled Spaceplane Holder. Nose and tail come from Mk2 Stockalike Expansion, wings adjusted with Tweakscale

None of that craft is in the bible

The name of the craft is very biblical. "Fish" get mentioned a lot in some bibles.

3 hours ago, Rodger said:

Also just so people know, dev branch currently has some new merged titan tank parts that are waiting on model updates,
I’ve also added paint switches for the LR91 “housings”
added a missing paint option to the interstage (3B, not applicable to all variants)
and merged the Transtage RCS parts into one (this wouldn’t have worked a couple of KSP versions ago!)

I woke up to a message from Rodger containing this image:

QztbyZU.png