[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Yeah, I made one too and had the same problem. It's a one way trip lol. 

There's only really one solution. It can't be fuel, that adds weight, and to have enough fuel to get to orbit and back, even at least once, would be a lot and weigh the craft down. The lunar landing/accent engines might be able to take the fuel, but it's not worth it. The only way I see making LSAM even feasible is to give the decent/accent engines 1000s in ISP. That way they just sip fuel.

Yeah, better have a refuelling station in orbit  :D.

So, I've been checking wiki for build guides and wanted to ask, @Friznit is there any plans on updating sdlv section, or perhaps making separate page for SLS and oranges stuff?

Those mods are amazing and totally deserve proper docs.

Edited by ra4nd0m

2 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

So, I've been checking wiki for build guides and wanted to ask, @Friznit is there any plans on updating sdlv section, or perhaps making separate page for SLS and oranges stuff?

Those mods are amazing and totally deserve proper docs.

It's on my to do list but BDB stuff is a priority and there are kinda lots of updates to catch up on rn.  Nice problem to have, mind.

ISS page also need redoing, and the Tantares stuff...and...and...

21 minutes ago, Friznit said:

It's on my to do list but BDB stuff is a priority and there are kinda lots of updates to catch up on rn.  Nice problem to have, mind.

Take a breath. Lol

Also, page 1300 beat BDB reaching a GB in size. Well, let's see. 1350 or 1GB compressed BDB zip? 

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, Friznit said:

Okey! Perhaps you can share your toolset for those illustrations? I have some free time and maybe can do some "pull requests" :)

Also, @Zorg is there any chance of changing side node attachment of atlas V upper stage tank to have an option of selecting side?

Right now atlas heavy is asymmetrical. Perhaps instead of simple "side node" option having "side node left" and "side node right" is a better option?

Delta 4 also suffers from this.

Perhaps @Rodger can take a look at this since they're config wizard 

Edited by ra4nd0m

7 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

Okey! Perhaps you can share your toolset for those illustrations? I have some free time and maybe can do some "pull requests" :)

Also, @Zorg is there any chance of changing side node attachment of atlas V upper stage tank to have an option of selecting side?

Right now atlas heavy is asymmetrical. Perhaps instead of simple "side node" option having "side node left" and "side node right" is a better option?

Do you mean the fact that 1 booster is rotated the other way? thats the way it is in the IRL design.

The nodes on the Delta IV should allow for all 3 cores to be oriented identically like the real thing.

Edited by Zorg

21 minutes ago, Zorg said:

IRL design

For sure?!?! Then it seems my autistic mind got an allergic reaction on asymmetrical design and said "it's bad"

Sorry for the false ping! 

Won't happen again!

Pinky promise ;)

53 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

Krono Vessel Veiwer is used for taking the pictures. Idk what they use for the pencil effect. 

29 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

For sure?!?! Then it seems my autistic mind got an allergic reaction on asymmetrical design and said "it's bad"

Won't happen again!

Pinky promise ;)

It's actually rotationally symmetrical :cool:

58 minutes ago, Socowez said:

1310 or forums shutdown? :p

Honestly, I wish Forum members would stop trying to copy the forums as a "BACKUP."   That is 95% what the problems with this server are right now in my opinion.

Back on Topic.  Thanks for the Explanation Rodger on why the Abort mode didn't work and how you fixed it!

2 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

Personal Opinion here:  It wasn't a false ping.  you were unaware of something and were asking if it could be corrected... and by default asking if it SHOULD be corrected :D

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Zenith Star launched by Titan Barbarian to GEO.

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

uCgLYoh.png

Impressive Launch  Also nice kitbash

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Impressive Launch  Also nice kitbash

Thanks! Now if only we didn't have to kitbash. Hmmm. I wonder if we could get Zenith Star into BDB if we convince Cobalt to make a non-laser version that is instead a space telescope. :D

The laser exhaust ports can be replaced as... telescope exhaust ports? The imaging sensor gets hot, right? Need to cool it off. Maybe not make it exhaust and instead a radiator. :P

Also, I did have one hiccup during the launch. The nose cones for the SRBs exploded as you can tell in the pics.... Cobalt! We need a special LDC decoupler! Also, a 5 engine smooth mount without those bumps would be nice too so they don't clip into the SRBs. 

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Personal Opinion here:  It wasn't a false ping.  you were unaware of something and were asking if it could be corrected... and by default asking if it SHOULD be corrected :D

Thanks, mate! THose words were the best thing that happend to me this month! I wish I could buy you a beer, or a can of soda, dunno what you enjoy...
Does anybody know who's responsible for CCK patch?  I think that either patch itself or tags on new atlas parts should be updated. This patch is a real life-saver and I really hope for the update.

47 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

happend to me this month! I wish I could buy you a beer, or a can of soda, dunno what you enjoy...
Does anybody know who's responsible for CCK patch?  I think that either patch itself or tags on new atlas parts should be updated. This patch is a real life-saver and I really hope for the update.

It’s mine, and I’ll double check later, but it should have all of the new stuff already. There should be less parts in atlas category now as a lot of the different tanks got converted into part switches. Also make sure it is updated when you update dev, it’s quite easy to forget “extras” patches when updating, speaking from experience haha

But yeah if there are specific missing parts from the FE/CCK patches, please do let me know and I can check/update

On 7/11/2024 at 10:35 PM, Rodger said:

This is basically everything that was planned for the mini Titan update done. Some other parts may still get some part merges too, like the LDC interstage for eg

What about Transtage? RCS did get an update, but the stage itself didn't.

38 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

What about Transtage? RCS did get an update, but the stage itself didn't.

Does it need something in particular? I'm not aware of any particular issues, and I don't think it's really required to switch it to solid interstages.

1 hour ago, Rodger said:

Does it need something in particular? I'm not aware of any particular issues, and I don't think it's really required to switch it to solid interstages.

I did indeed mean solid interstages - or at least an optional B9 switch that would disable stock engine fairing and add an interstage node (if such a thing is even possible in B9, that is). This would allow players to use Transtage with current conical 1.875m interstages without adding extra height to their rockets.

Edited by biohazard15

On 7/12/2024 at 1:02 AM, GoldForest said:

The problem with LSAM is that it realistically can't hold enough fuel to be used as a reusable taxi. Four engines run through the fuel fast. For All Mankind just used movie magic to make it have infinite fuel of course.

well considering they have a moon base, wouldn't that mean they would have a refueling set up already on the base? like they had landing pads and everything, yet forgot to make the fuel? and considering how the early stages of that base was made to get water and make fuel from liquid hydrogen, I'm pretty sure it would be realistic 

Edited by Starhawk
FTFY - Moderation Team

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

I did indeed mean solid interstages - or at least an optional B9 switch that would disable stock engine fairing and add an interstage node (if such a thing is even possible in B9, that is). This would allow players to use Transtage with current conical 1.875m interstages without adding extra height to their rockets.

The main issue is I think the colliders would need changing for clearance with interstages, which is a little more involved than I’d want to get into. You can also currently disable the shroud in the PAW anyway (a stock feature), and offset tool a interstage upwards to fit too. But you may get some slight bumps on decoupling due to the colliders of the transtage not being set up for this, though it will kinda work.

The fact the transtage is an all-in-one part too with integrated engines also means there’s basically no difference in stability between a shroud or an interstage. There isn’t a low mass engine part sandwiched in the middle of the stack that an interstage would bypass.