[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Pxtseryu said:

On the topic of Voyager, the Kepler probe core makes a good temporary stand-in, which is helpful for Mariner MK2

Reveal hidden contents

Cassini-Huygens_planning_status_in_1988.jpg

I couldn't find an efficient enough engine for MK2's purposes so I added ion engines.  All things considered I don't think I did too bad :)

image.png

image.png?ex=654d343f&is=653abf3f&hm=45bd56cafa23307ebcf34c854ebe52459ecd23c7cf673a35c0d6bf7218fb075c&

Also, possibly dumb question - are the remotetech configs up to date? Asking because I'm considering installing RT2 mid playthrough (which yeah not the greatest of ideas but something something solar flare is my in-universe reason)

Ah cool! I think that is a really nice build of the Voyager!

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I know @Invaderchaos has one on his to-do, but I'm not sure where it falls exactly.

I'll be sure to check it out, thanks!

On 10/24/2023 at 9:55 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Not dead, still just a lot of Real Life going on... and I made the mistake of buying Baldur's Gate 3.

I started working on one at some point, but stopped partially since the sources I had covered the proposed configuration, not the as-flown configuration.

You aren't allowed real life.  But then again, real life has happened with me, thus a hiatus in playing for many months.  I seriously need to get back to this hobby though.  My home computer looks at me and my work computer like the two girls and the distracted boyfriend meme- only I don't oh la la at my work pc

2 minutes ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

You aren't allowed real life.  But then again, real life has happened with me, thus a hiatus in playing for many months.  I seriously need to get back to this hobby though.  My home computer looks at me and my work computer like the two girls and the distracted boyfriend meme- only I don't oh la la at my work pc

pov me playing KSP every night after school lol

1 minute ago, kspbutitscursed said:

pov me playing KSP every night after school lol

Oh for those simple and carefree days.  Enjoy them.  And what ever you do, non't abuse your joints.  It will catch up to you and you will wish that you could undo twenty or thirty years of not taking care of them.

2 minutes ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Oh for those simple and carefree days.  Enjoy them.  And what ever you do, non't abuse your joints.  It will catch up to you and you will wish that you could undo twenty or thirty years of not taking care of them.

well i guess playing cricket is ok then lol. yeah currently i have been messing around with starship expansion project KOS interface 

Delta IV-H (DV-007) Preparing for a Wet dress rehearsal at SLC-37B, Cape Canaveral SFS, FL in support of its upcoming NROL-1 mission for the National Reconnaissance office.

D1qbdia.png

Spoiler

More Screenies

71FSZow.png

JsB5A5o.png

Not the best quality screenies but I'm working on my photo skills. :) 

This mission also has its own mission emblem, created by me, which i shall release closer to the launch date. if you look closely, you might be able to see a preview of it on the LUT.  ;) 

Edited by CollectingSP
GO DELTA! GO L-1! GO TEAM!

On 10/25/2023 at 4:47 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Oh god I've already beaten it... twice... I'm just still playing. Last couple months have been a combo of great games coming out, IRL obligations, and a lot of energy getting spent at my day job just means I haven't even looked at any KSP projects in weeks. I'm still coming back, I always do, just not sure when.

My priorities would still be Mariner 8 and Viking. There has not been any communication/update on the lander since whatever was last shared here, sadly. But when I'm back to it, it's getting finished one way or another even if I have to start it from scratch myself.

Seeing as KSP2 has turned out to be a soulless critical and financial failure with unreasonably high minimum PC spec requirements, are the plans to port stuff over to there out the window?

On 10/8/2023 at 4:16 PM, Pxtseryu said:

Setting a $10 bounty on updated USILS configs from whoever makes them. Double that if MKS configs are possible.

giphy.gif (and by that i mean fail at my first attempt and get @JadeOfMaar to handhold me through it, he basically wrote the entire B9 patch :) )

UNOFFICIAL BDB SUPPLY SHIP (Augustus Pod, AARDV, etc.) USI-LS SUPPLIES PATCH

Uses the B9PS Cargo node as a blanket patch to allow a B9PS option for supplies and a supplies/mulch mixture into every module designated as a cargo one (don't worry this just includes the things intended to be cargo in BDB). Want more mulch, or just mulch? Change the ratio "0.04:0.96" in the second subtype to whatever you want, as long as the total ratio adds up to one.

An optional self-made configuration with numbers I thought would work realistically, for personal use may be made available if you guys want - adds supplies on top of the B9PS options.

TO INSTALL:

-Open notepad/basic text editor

-Copy everything in the spoiler

-Paste then save as something like "BDBUSISuppliesPatch.txt"

-Insert into gamedata outside of any other folder and change the extension to .cfg, confirming when Windows/Mac warns about the file becoming nonfunctional.

-Launch KSP :D 

Spoiler

@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#switcherDescription[Cargo]]]:AFTER[USILifeSupport]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#switcherDescription[Cargo]]
    {
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = Food
            title = Supplies
            primaryColor = Asparagus
            secondaryColor = Asparagus
            RESOURCE
            {
                name = Supplies
                unitsPerVolume = 1
            }
        }
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = FoodWaste
            title = Supplies & Mulch
            primaryColor = Asparagus
            secondaryColor = BabyPoop
            RESOURCE
            {
                name = Supplies
                unitsPerVolume = 0.96
            }
            RESOURCE
            {
                name = Mulch
                unitsPerVolume = 0.04
                percentFilled = 0
            }
        }
    }
}

Edited by Pxtseryu
words

On 10/26/2023 at 4:14 PM, Pxtseryu said:

Also, possibly dumb question - are the remotetech configs up to date? Asking because I'm considering installing RT2 mid playthrough (which yeah not the greatest of ideas but something something solar flare is my in-universe reason)

Checked for that like a month ago, and no. I was going to make them myself but sadly don't have the time right now.

On 10/30/2023 at 12:06 AM, Pxtseryu said:

image.png?ex=6551a08a&is=653f2b8a&hm=3c36dd9c44caf44b512af7b1c9662f33fc425751a7b7fbf8b2fd987d45afe78c&

Never knew about this X-20 configuration. Who here wants to be insane enough to fly this first?

So I have flown this in BDB,  In various configurations of Saturn Cluster stage.   My best performance was with the 10ft extension to the tanks and 4 H2s on the outer bays.  The H-2s provide better thrust control and more thrust at the cost of a slightly higher fuel consumption... But the extra thrust allows you to overcome the drag at Low altitudes (2.7x KSRSS)  You can achieve a 26ish degree orbit with this... but Boiloff in the S-IV stage is enough that you will want to add the Transtage in-between it and the S-IV stage... also you will want to use the RL-10B-3 engine variant that is in BDB extras (Pafftek).      Even then it is Skoshish to get to orbit :(

Mind you I have not flown this stack in over a year and a half, (since the RL10B-3 was completed and H-2 added to BDB)

So this still needs a little tweaking in terms of the positioning of some of the bits but since I havent posted any progress in ages so here you go (yes Atlas is still happening and I am indeed alive).

The shroud is a placeholder for the moment

image-1.png?ex=655a17b7&is=6547a2b7&hm=a

image.png?ex=655a17df&is=6547a2df&hm=a23

image.png?ex=655a1809&is=6547a309&hm=0ad

Edited by Zorg

Delta IV DV-008 Undergoing a Fit Check at pad 39B, Kennedy Space Center, FL.

"(Kennedy Space Center, Florida) A United Launch Alliance Delta IV Rocket is seen during fit checks at Launch Complex 39B, Kennedy Space Center, Florida, to verify the launch vehicle's compatibility with new systems installed to support NASA's upcoming Orion Spacecraft during a period lasting from  March 2021 to November 2023. This Particular Delta IV core, DV-008, will launch GPS-IIF-1 in support of the United States Space Force's GPS Directorate from Pad 39B later this year. (NASA/Joel Kowsky)" (Please note this was not actually taken by this NASA Photographer)

More images from this event can be found in my other post, linked here

Screenshot_12.png?ex=655a350d&is=6547c00

Edited by CollectingSP
"TM, Verify MLP Jacking and roll to park position, Mission name IV-PATH."

On 10/29/2023 at 11:30 PM, CollectingSP said:

Delta IV-H (DV-007) Preparing for a Wet dress rehearsal at SLC-37B, Cape Canaveral SFS, FL in support of its upcoming NROL-1 mission for the National Reconnaissance office.

D1qbdia.png

Hide contents

More Screenies

71FSZow.png

JsB5A5o.png

Not the best quality screenies but I'm working on my photo skills. :) 

This mission also has its own mission emblem, created by me, which i shall release closer to the launch date. if you look closely, you might be able to see a preview of it on the LUT.  ;) 

Where did that launch pad come from?

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Where did that launch pad come from?

Comprised of multiple different KK Mods. The launch site itself cannot be found in any specific mod. It was completely fabricated and custom made by me to support my Delta IV launches. Involves a lot of math and precision to construct- took me a day or two but the result is probably the best LC-37 I’ve ever seen built with KK Imo.

… If you look closely you may be able to se the remains of LC-37A, which was never used and is only a concrete mass today. The area is used for storage of miscellaneous items. 

the blockhouse is currently used as an office for Delta IV workers as far as I’m aware. It was once proposed to be used as a crew safe haven (CSH) when ULA proposed Human rating Delta IV. Of course, this didn’t happen, but you can find old resources that describe the setup of the pad in this case.

I could not find an analog for the LH2 Burnoff mast, near the LH2 tank on the pad IRL, But I might use a light pole- it’s close enough to the shape and size of the one IRL.

one last thing, there are still some other tiny details missing but I can’t really replicate them in game due to size constraints and available static’s.

Edited by CollectingSP

On 10/25/2023 at 5:46 PM, AdrianDogmeat said:

Well it appears that you can use Skylab Power Module's PV arrays as a replacement for the ISS Solar Array Wings

screenshot1305.png?ex=654bf3b1&is=65397e

I just use them together!   I put the SPM at the front near the docking bay on the long extension that is part of it's parts kit.  Above the stations zenith like you did.  Then at their normal position, I put the ISS arrays  as designed...    Then for grins I build a SPP module for the Soviet/Russian segment and pop it atop the Zenith as well.   All the Solar Power :D !

On 11/5/2023 at 10:55 AM, Zorg said:

So this still needs a little tweaking in terms of the positioning of some of the bits but since I havent posted any progress in ages so here you go (yes Atlas is still happening and I am indeed alive).

The shroud is a placeholder for the moment

image-1.png?ex=655a17b7&is=6547a2b7&hm=a

image.png?ex=655a17df&is=6547a2df&hm=a23

image.png?ex=655a1809&is=6547a309&hm=0ad

LR-101(Atlas) Noises!

Hi all, with years of posts on this thread, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for...

For the Pilgrim/Pioneer 10 shown on the BDB/friznit wiki pages (see image below), is there a part for the "Propulsion System" shown in the graphic, or is that something we need to recreate separately?

Spoiler

134199530-13afd27d-f6cb-44e7-ab17-1f43f5

Edited by scottadges

1 hour ago, scottadges said:

Hi all, with years of posts on this thread, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for...

For the Pilgrim/Pioneer 10F show on the BDB/friznit wiki pages (see image below), is there a part for the "Propulsion System" shown in the graphic, or is that something we need to recreate separately?

Reveal hidden contents

134199530-13afd27d-f6cb-44e7-ab17-1f43f5

try using "pioneer 10" in the part tray filter. definitely a part,