[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Who's the guy running BDB Now In Colours? I want to ask him if he could make a Long March-inspired red and blue paint scheme for the Thor/Delta parts so I can finally make a weird alt-history US Long March rocket with the quadruple Redstone engine mount. I kinda just want a BDB-quality Chinese space program mod to be honest. How hasn't a talented modder tried to take on something like that yet?

Posted (edited)

Just added a subtype to the LR-89 for the proposed Atlas II-B vehicle. This uses the existing LR89-NA6 model mesh for Atlas E/F as its a reasonable visual approximation.

Ps. there is a slight issue here. The more accurate engine model would the the Atlas E/F NA6 model which only physically fits the Atlas E/F skirt which only fits the Atlas E/F core tank due to the different pipe layout. Would people prefer this build or a more accurate looking rocket that uses the Atlas II skirt, the Atlas II core tank and a less accurate engine model that uses one of the variants without modelled turbo pumps that will fit in the Atlas D/Atlas II skirt? I am not so invested given its a largely unknown variant but willing to hear which option people prefer.

I dont think I mentioned it before but you can access the WIP build guide spread sheet on this issue here until the wiki is updated

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/issues/78

8WHizzb.png

CzBDSsO.pngPaknKqc.png

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

Who's the guy running BDB Now In Colours? I want to ask him if he could make a Long March-inspired red and blue paint scheme for the Thor/Delta parts so I can finally make a weird alt-history US Long March rocket with the quadruple Redstone engine mount. I kinda just want a BDB-quality Chinese space program mod to be honest. How hasn't a talented modder tried to take on something like that yet?

Bro you are NEVER gonna believe this but...

Spoiler

vo6ZVm7.pngegIq1gC.pngmAUXgyD.pngCLrSQrY.png

What is the renovated Apollo CM lab thing supposed to be for? I can't work it out. Is it an alternative LEM ascent stage, or the ATM for the wet workshop Skylab, or something else? Also I don't remember it being added.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

What is the renovated Apollo CM lab thing supposed to be for? I can't work it out. Is it an alternative LEM ascent stage, or the ATM for the wet workshop Skylab, or something else? Also I don't remember it being added.

IIRC, it's a Free Floating Man-Tended Space Station.

Basically what the ISS Columbus module was to the British/ESA before ISS.

Edit: Even says it's an orbital space module in the description. 

Edited by GoldForest

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zorg said:

Just added a subtype to the LR-89 for the proposed Atlas II-B vehicle. This uses the existing LR89-NA6 model mesh for Atlas E/F as its a reasonable visual approximation.

Ps. there is a slight issue here. The more accurate engine model would the the Atlas E/F NA6 model which only physically fits the Atlas E/F skirt which only fits the Atlas E/F core tank due to the different pipe layout. Would people prefer this build or a more accurate looking rocket that uses the Atlas II skirt, the Atlas II core tank and a less accurate engine model that uses one of the variants without modelled turbo pumps that will fit in the Atlas D/Atlas II skirt? I am not so invested given its a largely unknown variant but willing to hear which option people prefer.

This build you have is ok for me!

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

To the Muuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby, the forbidden one!

Edited by Gupyzer0

31 minutes ago, NuclearAlchemist said:

Quick question: How do I install this?

Download from Github (see the original post on page one for the link), unzip, copy the Bluedog_DB folder that is in the Gamedata folder, paste it into your Gamedata folder. It is literally that easy.  The most current dev version is the 1.14-Development branch. Be advised that some elements of that branch may not be finished. The full release is Master branch, which is also downloadable via CKAN, but you won’t have all of the newest stuff. 

4 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Download from Github (see the original post on page one for the link), unzip, copy the Bluedog_DB folder that is in the Gamedata folder, paste it into your Gamedata folder. It is literally that easy.  The most current dev version is the 1.14-Development branch. Be advised that some elements of that branch may not be finished. The full release is Master branch, which is also downloadable via CKAN, but you won’t have all of the newest stuff. 

Okay.
Hope this works...

Posted (edited)

Hmmm, what are these?  ;) (Teaser image)

(Obviously the Gemini one is fictional, but that right one... well, I think that's obvious too... actualy @Zorg any plans to make an official one? I know there's no info on it, but you guys have done totally fictional made up stuck before. Honestly, you could probably just make a 1,875m DCSS to fit atop Atlas and make it Methalox.)

Spoiler

For those confused, or would like confirmation, on what the right rocket is. It is called Atlas GX (Galaxy Express). A Japanese concept to take a Atlas III and stick a LNG(Methalox) upper stage on it. The LNG stage would have been homebrewed by Japan. The second stage would have also been the same diameter as the Atlas, but I don't have any 1.875m second stages available, besides Titan and Centaur and I didn't want to use them.

A9LZaXr.jpeg

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

IIRC, it's a Free Floating Man-Tended Space Station.

Basically what the ISS Columbus module was to the British/ESA before ISS.

Edit: Even says it's an orbital space module in the description. 

Weird, it's practically the perfect size to put an ATM telescope on the bottom and solar panels on the spots where the reaction control thrusters go.

2 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Have a look at Friznit's guide.

On 9/30/2023 at 3:16 PM, CobaltWolf said:

An initial commit of the Renovated Command Module Lab is now on Github!

I6wtf2y.png
AMQY6ld.png
APU65bF.png

27 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Weird, it's practically the perfect size to put an ATM telescope on the bottom and solar panels on the spots where the reaction control thrusters go.

I found cobalt's original post by searching "renovated" on this topic.  It's a thing to do things with!

Launched Chiatzou 2 on another mission to Tension. Same design as the first one but this time I rememeber the scoop and surveyor camera lol.

dhchf0b-3bf83abb-1c95-4550-9507-5f1b2ef08904.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGYwYi0zYmY4M2FiYi0xYzk1LTQ1NTAtOTUwNy01ZjFiMmVmMDg5MDQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.Bmugk17jPgnBTAbqIomc9Nl_e2qwfz08SFvYkznq-jY

Again the landing lights illuminate a a big portion when orbiting but not when landing.

dhchf07-99bd9847-da33-4aa6-87f4-840d3b6ea46b.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGYwNy05OWJkOTg0Ny1kYTMzLTRhYTYtODdmNC04NDBkM2I2ZWE0NmIuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.DKa7qRuNL0KTp2_p_3QKNbP_TvEsJkgps7Ql67i5HYY

First we went to the Equator to get the scoop and camera science.

dhchf02-73470d2f-e535-4e36-9043-155f0a4063a5.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGYwMi03MzQ3MGQyZi1lNTM1LTRlMzYtOTA0My0xNTVmMGE0MDYzYTUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.hkNC9IP5JEeElLUqoe8ZkVkJbMwnVVlPw6m87ywlWPI

dhchezu-bed4743d-e940-4dda-acd4-0de09c545a37.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGV6dS1iZWQ0NzQzZC1lOTQwLTRkZGEtYWNkNC0wZGUwOWM1NDVhMzcuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.GZ2emI4ciOYlOCxrJ_kUAB8L2NB1qwdnn7XvNnmJQWM

Then we went to a Polar region where we encountered what looks like floating rocks.

dhchezr-57d96764-7742-40d1-b5db-4701c7fc5800.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGV6ci01N2Q5Njc2NC03NzQyLTQwZDEtYjVkYi00NzAxYzdmYzU4MDAuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.WmoaB3jUoWGFMPAfMZ4-0atUzUTcWCqbhLR8xAtr8ss

dhchezo-c8150a08-007e-4c25-b22b-b9ea39d4b09e.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGV6by1jODE1MGEwOC0wMDdlLTRjMjUtYjIyYi1iOWVhMzlkNGIwOWUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.lWAiYi72EQHnbQvpkychFAA1yDhqQWvTy9KgOizJ6DQ

Whoa! close call.

dhchezi-e757d615-1adb-4c9b-aadf-59f973969c49.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGV6aS1lNzU3ZDYxNS0xYWRiLTRjOWItYWFkZi01OWY5NzM5NjljNDkuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.fFTkIZMOkTK51Nujvfhyfhje_OYDIT9zTsNkwuqaglQ

Can I not have probes land on their side....

dhcheza-7acdc534-91aa-4a4d-8ef0-fd4e2e322d40.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGV6YS03YWNkYzUzNC05MWFhLTRhNGQtOGVmMC1mZDRlMmUzMjJkNDAuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.eUq9XPTY0ujcebg-KrX2VR4irIiP6qalPXSX34GjJq4

The gravity was enough to use RCS to get on the legs, but we lost a solar panel.

dhchez3-f16cab36-9a32-4a13-baf0-ee1af3d64742.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjaGV6My1mMTZjYWIzNi05YTMyLTRhMTMtYmFmMC1lZTFhZjNkNjQ3NDIuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.37pUyphqR94bBdYm0Ux45TVrYwbbx5QUvABtzGHECZY

Overall I am not getting much science from Windswept and Tension, I might have to go to another planet because I am so close to unlocking the Saturn parts. With my skills no way would I be able to do manned missions to other planets with Gemini and Titan, I need Apollo and Saturn.

2 hours ago, LoadingTimeExpert said:

dammit I still have no idea how to post actual embedded images

After posting to Imgur, right click the image and copy image link.  The link has to have .jpeg or .png or whatever file type at the end to embed here.

I'm not sure if this is an issue or just how it is, but the Delta fins overheat and explode at a much lower temperature then the rest of the X-15 parts.

i was only going Mach 6