[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

ASLEP!

screenshot75.png

Whoa, I didn't know he did the S-band antenna too!

Heck, I assumed from the photos that only the EASEP hardware was in the latest dev branch. Guess I don't have any more excuses for stalling on Apollo 19 then...

Will we be getting some of the surface cameras from Apollo? Would fit pretty well with the new ALSEP parts
Apollo_11_TV_Camera.JPG

(This is the Westinghouse camera from Apollo 11)

Also, it would be cool if Hullcam/Neptune support was added for the MESA, wanna recreate the iconic shot :)

6 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Whoa, I didn't know he did the S-band antenna too!

Heck, I assumed from the photos that only the EASEP hardware was in the latest dev branch. Guess I don't have any more excuses for stalling on Apollo 19 then...

I got the rest of the parts in game last night. I have no idea if they work at all, though - I haven't managed to figure out how even the Squad BG parts are supposed to work. They appear in game, I can store them in the LM and deploy them, but I can't figure out what comes past that. The large solar panel in particular doesn't track the sun at all. Stupid undocumented Squad modules...
And unfortunately, ironing out the in game functionality is always the part that kills my motivation

3 minutes ago, JustDark said:

Will we be getting some of the surface cameras from Apollo? Would fit pretty well with the new ALSEP parts

(This is the Westinghouse camera from Apollo 11)

Also, it would be cool if Hullcam/Neptune support was added for the MESA, wanna recreate the iconic shot :)

Smile and wave, boys. Just smile and wave...

FNcnBVNX0AYQNIL?format=jpg&name=large

6 hours ago, mozartbeatle said:

In the vein of the S-II diameter to 5m adapter, would it be possible to get an S-II diameter to 7.5m adapter? I've been missing an easy option to integrate stages when playing with Near Future launch vehicles in the late game.

Uh, yeah that's probably something work looking into.

On 3/7/2022 at 3:11 PM, Entr8899 said:

Oh, how I long to be able to node attach the ETS Apollo antennas and solar panels...

Honestly? I didn't add those nodes to the engine plate. I don't know who did. I assume some sort of, node fairy. I really wish they'd add the missing ones too :P

On 2/15/2022 at 5:38 AM, Jcking said:

Unfortunately the design you see with the overgrown reusable landers seems to have been only notional. NAR's lunar shelter which made use of those landers had modules strapped on the sides of the lander, which would be assembled on the surface and buried in lunar soil. More information can be found in the Lunar Base Synthesis Study (May 1971). https://ntrs.nasa.gov/search?q=lunar base synthesis study

A bit off topic, but today I have actually found the study that described the large reusable landers of IPP a bit in detail:
unknown.png

The report is this  and describes that as well as a lot of cool/weird stuff like, well, whatever these are...

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by Beccab

On 3/1/2022 at 1:38 AM, Invaderchaos said:

There is now a Apollo CM Boilerplate part for Saturn 1 missions. Better that then sending a shiny expensive Block II CSM up on a test mission!!!! (EDIT: Some texture fixes are likely to come tomorrow)

screenshot505.png

are the white spots available yet?

saw another person with a shot with the white spots

Okay, I have been trying out the new ALSEP experiments, and I am encountering an unusual problem. When I go to deploy the experiment, I click the white arrow in the inventory and the experiment appears in front of the Kerbal highlighted in green, ready to drop and activate. So far, so good. When I tap the space bar to actually drop and deploy the experiment, nothing happens. The experiment stays green and floats just above the surface. I can move it back and forth, rotate it, and even tap the Esc key to put it back, but it won't fully deploy. I can fully deploy and use the BG experiments, but not the new ALSEP ones. I have seen others here that can deploy them so the problem must be on my end. I suspect it is something very simple that I am missing. Thanks for your help.

10 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I have seen others here that can deploy them...

Yeah, I just deployed them all last night to see the newest artwork (which is amazing btw). Do you use any mods that deal with deployed things like KIS? Maybe something is unhappy with the WIP status of the cfgs? Wish I could help more, but sounds like you're doing it right - they work just like BG ones in terms of getting them onto the ground.

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Yeah, I just deployed them all last night to see the newest artwork (which is amazing btw). Do you use any mods that deal with deployed things like KIS? Maybe something is unhappy with the WIP status of the cfgs? Wish I could help more, but sounds like you're doing it right - they work just like BG ones in terms of getting them onto the ground.

Have you been able to get them working past that part? I haven't been able to figure it out yet!

would it be possible that we could get a command station config module on the Apollo 11 passive seismometer? IIRC, the apollo 11 surface operations only had 2 modules, the afroementioned seismometer (the one with the solars) and the laser reflector

Hi guys! I'm here to ask for help with a bug I've come across. The Titan IIIE fairing's Centaur variant isn't correctly placed and I haven't found a way to fix it. Wonder if this has been discussed previously or if someone knows a workaround. I'm playing  RO/RSS in 1.12. 

Screenshots: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZdqybKr9h-f7v2jRW6aQaqOtv-u61pT/view?usp=sharing & https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qnDMXGUfnB8CJng3vB61XbGXGWrdovfM/view?usp=sharing

32 minutes ago, vieju17 said:

Hi guys! I'm here to ask for help with a bug I've come across. The Titan IIIE fairing's Centaur variant isn't correctly placed and I haven't found a way to fix it. Wonder if this has been discussed previously or if someone knows a workaround. I'm playing  RO/RSS in 1.12. 

Screenshots: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZdqybKr9h-f7v2jRW6aQaqOtv-u61pT/view?usp=sharing & https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qnDMXGUfnB8CJng3vB61XbGXGWrdovfM/view?usp=sharing

I've seen a similar thing pop up with the 1.5m fairing when Delta 2 fairings are used (in non-RO/RSS ksp)

1 hour ago, Adventures said:

is there anyway to change the engine power or fuel in the LM? I'm playing on KRSS 2.5 Scale and I constantly run out of fuel before I can complete my moon assent and obtain an orbit

In the download for BDB, there is a folder called “BDB Extras” that is packaged separately. In it is a patch called “Upper Stage Thrust Buff” which is very handy for 2.5x scale users.

You will have to manually take this patch and place it inside your own GameData folder.

1 hour ago, KeaKaka said:

Also turns out this is what MechJeb thinks is an optimal scout launch trajectory (not that I disagree):

unknown.png

Mechjeb behaves a bit strangely with rockets that have a solid orbital insertion stage, but in general this kind of trajectory isn't as strange as it seems at first. A rocket with low thrust-to-weight upper stage(s) will use this kind of trajectory, which is less efficient due to increased gravity losses and the fact that more of the overall propellant is used to go up rather than sideways compared to a typical launch profile. However, such vehicles have to use this kind of trajectory because otherwise the upper stage(s) won't have enough time to circularize. Reaching a higher apoapsis temporarily gives the orbital insertion stage the time it needs to reach the correct velocity at the intended parking orbit altitude.

By the way, how did you generate this graph? I tend to use MechJeb but I don't think I've seen this particular functionality.

18 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

By the way, how did you generate this graph? I tend to use MechJeb but I don't think I've seen this particular functionality.

That looks like the Flight Recorder window's altitude record.

57 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

33 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

That looks like the Flight Recorder window's altitude record.

Correct.

You can find it just under the MechJeb drop down menu while in flight.

Might not be the most relevant thing to post here, but there is BDB content so I'm doing it anyway.

MsY1O6p.png

Been messing around with TUFX tonight, trying to create a profile that works for the "crappy, grainy film" of the 1960s and 1970s. For what it's worth I started with one of @Pioneer_Steve's profiles as a base, but changed so much of the color grading that it's really an entirely new profile. Cranked up the film grain to the max and put some dirt on the lens; I think that's what helped the most. I also nearly maxed out the bloom to get the SRB plumes to really pop. Still not sure if I like the final color grading, because I'd like it to be a little more "neutral". Might do some more fiddling with it in the next few days, especially when I go back to the Moon with Kerbals. I'm after that blurry Apollo film aesthetic...

Anyway I tested it on a normal Titan 23C carrying a DSCS-2 to GEO:

njjlWnU.png

htIQ2J3.png

U4olaWi.png

G8JYPqB.png

gqCZXE4.png